Page 17 of 41 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    A few times on here I've joked about Mystique hiding napalm bombs or burning Krakoa to the ground if they try to screw with her. Didn't think I'd be as accurate about that as I thought.

What do you mean by Sentinel City? I didn't think Orchis was like an actual place, but an organization.

I've gotten some meh responses about this before, but I seriously think Krakoa isn't meant to last more than a year or two at most, and lead into a bigger relaunch/revamp of the X-men. The timetable comment from the FF issue really plays into that. A lot of the precogs they aren't bringing back don't have the power to see too far into the future, with the biggest exception being Destiny. If the problem is learning 'mutants always lose', then characters like Blindfold wouldn't be a threat because they can't see that far into the future to find out. So I think there's something specific coming up soon that Xavier doesn't want anyone to find out about.

Destiny being the biggest outlier for a lot of reasons. First, Moira is terrified of her. Second, she probably already knows what happening, and doesn't agree with it. She's not above lying to Mystique (see Wolverines, which this story lifted some of her message from), but the 'burn it to the ground' comment is so direct like she has to be dead serious about it.

Also I want to see it burn to the ground, but most of you probably guessed that already.
    What I'm curious about, and I'm not sure if it was discussed as I haven't caught up with the comments, is whether Destiny would want Raven to destroy Krakoa for revenge or for helping save mutantkind. Is it, "If I'm not returned, Krakoa will fail so destroy it to save our people" or "That bitch Moira needs to burn again, periodt".

EDIT: I wonder if Moira saw this in the life that did have a Krakoa.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    What I'm curious about, and I'm not sure if it was discussed as I haven't caught up with the comments, is whether Destiny would want Raven to destroy Krakoa for revenge or for helping save mutantkind. Is it, "If I'm not returned, Krakoa will fail so destroy it to save our people" or "That bitch Moira needs to burn again, periodt".
    I like to think it’s both.

Extraordinary Member

I'm gonna assume it's a bit from column A and a bit from column B. Yeah, Destiny definitely believed that Krakoa and Moira aren't safe for mutants, but you know she's also being petty too.

It could also be "I know what they're doing, and it won't work OR isn't something I consider to be 'surviving'" The whole thing could be some kind of scheme to get all mutants onto the island and teleport to another dimension or some other sci-fi go-to plot. Something that if everyone found out they would be opposed to, but Xavier, Moira and Magneto think is the only way.

What do you mean by Sentinel City? I didn't think Orchis was like an actual place, but an organization.

Being built on what seems to be Mercury, where the sentinel drones who killed Jean in HOX came from.

Sentinel City. Known for its walking tours of death and fine poisonous cuisine.

They're fracking on pristine Mercury to kill mutants. Gross!

Extraordinary Member

It could also be "I know what they're doing, and it won't work OR isn't something I consider to be 'surviving'" The whole thing could be some kind of scheme to get all mutants onto the island and teleport to another dimension or some other sci-fi go-to plot. Something that if everyone found out they would be opposed to, but Xavier, Moira and Magneto think is the only way.
    Right now, Moira is likely going with the mindworld thing. She's basically trying to become God as a way to not only save mutants, but to also save herself from death.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    Right now, Moira is likely going with the mindworld thing. She's basically trying to become God as a way to not only save mutants, but to also save herself from death.
    Yup, that's been my guess at their long game. A mutant, biological equivalent of a Dominion with all the powers of all the mutants that ever came to Krakoa. Put that thing outside of space-time like the other Dominions and you have something aware of all spacetime ensuring that mutants don't lose. However, some people might not want to lose their individuality and become meat in a mutant braintrust.

Mighty Member

Great issue! Loved seeing Irene! What a badass! She's also making Raven seem like the nice one, love it.

If Magneto and Xavier are being shady, why not just get rid of Mystique?

It could also be "I know what they're doing, and it won't work OR isn't something I consider to be 'surviving'"
    Giving that Destiny is dead...I wouldn't count her as an expert.
    The whole thing could be some kind of scheme to get all mutants onto the island and teleport to another dimension or some other sci-fi go-to plot. Something that if everyone found out they would be opposed to, but Xavier, Moira and Magneto think is the only way.
    Nah thats totally not it. If didnt read HOX/POX its revealed that all of Moira's previous attempts at ensuring mutantkinds survival failed due to Human intervention/Sentinel take over
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    Moira is in the No-Place part of the island.
    How is she trying to become God? lol By helping mutants from being wiped out?
    Shes not trying to save herself from death either? In what way? I meeeean she gave Wolverine permission to kill her in life 5 or 6
    GrindrStone(D)

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Metal Sphere View Post
    Yup, that's been my guess at their long game. A mutant, biological equivalent of a Dominion with all the powers of all the mutants that ever came to Krakoa. Put that thing outside of space-time like the other Dominions and you have something aware of all spacetime ensuring that mutants don't lose. However, some people might not want to lose their individuality and become meat in a mutant braintrust.
    This ie how she plans to help mutantkind.

She's going full on Evangelion, folks. That's what's happening.

if charles wasnt going to bring destiny back at the very least he should erase her from Mystique's mind if he is even capable of doing so
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by Metal Sphere View Post
    Well that's not a terrifying thought at all. Going full EVA, then?

Quote Originally Posted by RamaBird View Post
    Great issue! Loved seeing Irene! What a badass! She's also making Raven seem like the nice one, love it.

If Magneto and Xavier are being shady, why not just get rid of Mystique?
    Because despite everything she's still a mutant.
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    if charles wasnt going to bring destiny back at the very least he should erase her from Mystique's mind if he is even capable of doing so
    You and I both know that this is a horrible idea. Raven would figure it out and then she wouldn't even bother with a con, she'd just burn the world down.