Page 18 of 41 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    Well that's not a terrifying thought at all. Going full EVA, then?
    Well, I wasn't the one that introduced the absurdly powerful setup of machine intelligences so dense they collapse in on themselves that exist outside of spacetime. And conveniently existing in said space makes you immune to Moira's wipes. If the goal is 'Mutant Survival' that is the ultimate survival tactic. It ensures the Mutant mindmass survives and untouchable and they can kill Moira and reset their enemies to ensure they have the permanent advantage.

Of course, there's other ways this could go but the theme of 'Survival, but at a cost that is unacceptable to some" is something Hickman is likely to dip his toe into.

Also, getting rid of a very independent and demanding member of the council would look shady as hell to the rest. It'd slowly peels away the veneer of who's really in charge.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    Because despite everything she's still a mutant.
    Thats true if they send mystique to jail without any good reason maybe other mutants will fear that they will go next. Mystique has contacts with many criminals , mutants and humans. She is the only one in the Council with council with contacts in the Masters of Evil
    Last edited by hulkling; 02-12-2020 at 07:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    This was really really good. Destiny is truly frightening and Mystique is going to go crazy soon. I wonder if she'll go and talk/ally with Orchis instead.

I wish we had gotten a data page about what The Oracle is.
    No, my friend, she won't be going crazy, she is going to get mad and then and only then will Krakoa burn for what they did...and they will deserve it. Not because they are mutants but because they messed with wrong women here.

Quote Originally Posted by Su_Whisterfield View Post

Orchis is still a big threat, bigger than ever.
    Charles and Eric are not helping themselves or their cause in how they handle Mystique.
    I know ‘evil lesbians’ is the oldest cliche in the book, but even so, that was fab (if Hickman resolves Kurt’s parentage and makes them his parents, I will love him forever).
    But is it evil? Destiny clearly knows something is coming or else she wouldn't have told her to bring her back at all costs or if that couldn't be done burn that nation to the ground. She knows something that clearly is not going to go well for mutants because that is why she stands in the way of Moira, to stop her when she goes to far is it not?

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    Yeah current Xavier would chain her and telepathically push her to tell them what's going to happen next. Honestly, precogs of this caliber could be a resource as big as Moira.
    I wonder though, How is is not aware of Destiny's words of warning to her? I mean he backs up her mind like the others so does he know about it or not?

Quote Originally Posted by Andru View Post
    I thought this was the best of Hickman's X-Men issues yet.

I like how we are getting more details on small instances that occurred during House of X.

Mystique's journey to bring back Destiny is so far the most interesting plot point for me.

An eventual confrontation between Destiny & Moira is mouth watering!
    I want to see that more than anything too, I mean I want to see Moira look at her and ask why she is back when she is trying to save mutants only for Destiny to reveal why she is not or something else, something soul shattering to her.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    But is it evil? Destiny clearly knows something is coming or else she wouldn't have told her to bring her back at all costs or if that couldn't be done burn that nation to the ground. She knows something that clearly is not going to go well for mutants because that is why she stands in the way of Moira, to stop her when she goes to far is it not?
    Yeah, what makes mutants better than humans here if they are discriminating precogs? Not the same way humans discriminate mutants because their society is different. But the precogs are being hated and feared .

Now this is the cunning and masterful Mystique I love. Whenever she is tied to Destiny and following her guidance, she's always very captivating with her hidden agenda and doing whatever is needed to carry out the end outcome. She wasn't this calculating and interesting since Messiah Complex. That is what makes her a fascinating villain and it seemed like until now Claremont and Carey were the only ones who could write her that way. Anytime she's not working under Destiny's guidance, she's just a mustache twirling crazy loon. This issue Also reminds me of how her and Destiny are my favorite couple in the Marvel Universe. I want Irene to come back so her, Raven and Rogue can be reunited as a family.

I am truly captivated by the amount of story plot seeds Hickman has planted since HoX. He really is giving years of story potential and build up and I am here for it. What a time to be an X-Men fan!!

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealWashout View Post
    With Blob a semi-regular in X-Factor, Pyro in Marauders, and Rogue in Excalibur. She has former brotherhood members all over that island. I know so many people would hate it, but as a Rogue fan, I would love if they do a pro-wrestling style heal turn with her and reveal Destiny and Mystique planted her within the X-men for this moment.
    That would make a pretty epic reveal and would make a lot of sense since it was always so iffy to how Irene didn't appear forsee her daughter leave them to join the X-Men back then.
    Emma Frost, Rogue, Felicia Hardy, Helena Bertinelli, Allison Blaire, Barbara Gordon, Monica Rambeau, Carol Danvers, Illyana Rasputin, Ororo Munroe, Harleen Quinzel, Lorna Dane, Irene Adler, Kate Kane, Rachel Grey Summers, Jean Grey, Diana Prince, Barbara Ann Minerva, Donna Troy, Jennifer Walters, Gwen Stacy, Wanda Maximoff = PERFECTION!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Su_Whisterfield View Post
    I know ‘evil lesbians’ is the oldest cliche in the book, but even so, that was fab (if Hickman resolves Kurt’s parentage and makes them his parents, I will love him forever).
    It is, it's true. And to say nothing of their very witchy overtones as characters. Or femme fatale tropes. But there's only like a handful of human orientations and a handful more romantic dynamics. They've got to all be cliche at this point, yeah?
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    burning the island is an interesting request for someone that aparently cares so much about mutants, i think destiny is far more selfish than we give her credit wich is fine.
    but its interesting to see what back and forth will happen betwen raven and the married old men.
    When Moira created a "cure" Destiny intervened along with the Brotherhood to stop it because she saw it going bad for mutants if it got out. If she foresaw something that Moira does in life 10 that endangers mutants and needs the destruction of Krakoa then it must be done again and we won't know why until it happens. Also, I think people underestimate just how resourceful Mystique is when she is driven to something especially if Destiny is involved.

Extraordinary Member

Think about what Moira's plans actually consist of, because it is literally the plot to Evangelion. Did the Tang ocean sound appealing to anyone? Even if it is necessary for the survival of mutantkind-and we only have the words of a broken and crazy person to go on-does that sound appealing?

Quote Originally Posted by Project Initiative Cascada View Post
    Now this is the cunning and masterful Mystique I love. Whenever she is tied to Destiny and following her guidance, she's always very captivating with her hidden agenda and doing whatever is needed to carry out the end outcome. She wasn't this calculating and interesting since Messiah Complex. That is what makes her a fascinating villain and it seemed like until now Claremont and Carey were the only ones who could write her that way. Anytime she's not working under Destiny's guidance, she's just a mustache twirling crazy loon. This issue Also reminds me of how her and Destiny are my favorite couple in the Marvel Universe. I want Irene to come back so her, Raven and Rogue can be reunited as a family.

I am truly captivated by the amount of story plot seeds Hickman has planted since HoX. He really is giving years of story potential and build up and I am here for it. What a time to be an X-Men fan!!
    Very well said! Hickman's character work has been a joy for me to read. Raven sounded excellent here.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Spectacular Member sensormellow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post
    Irene killed Moira because she wasn’t using her gift to help mutants. Moira created Krakoa which is supposedly their best shot at survival. It seems strange that Destiny would want it undone...out of spite?
    Agreed. Although is there a way that Irene saw Moira building Krakoa and it failing spectacularly? But I really can't think of a reason why she'd want to destroy an entire island of mutants if mutant survival is what she wants.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by sensormellow View Post
    Agreed. Although is there a way that Irene saw Moira building Krakoa and it failing spectacularly? But I really can't think of a reason why she'd want to destroy an entire island of mutants if mutant survival is what she wants.
    Let me explain...she is Yui Ikari.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post
    Mystique: I hate you. I’ve always hated you.

Charles:

He will when she sets the Island on fire, at that point he will give a fuck.