Page 21 of 41 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast

The more I think about it, the more that EVA-style thing with Moira sounds plausible, and I really really hope that isn't what they do. So much of this run feels badly lifted from anime already. Ugh. Now I'm imagining a mutant fusion gestalt thing and retching.

Seriously, if they know where this base is, have access to the base via teleporter, and know they are trying to build a Nimrod, why are they not attacking them? How is this not problem number 1? This is a way bigger threat than the Vault, the Hellfire brats, and the wannabe Groot people COMBINED!

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    Said mooks were clearly armed, he held them off to allow others to retrieve the info they needed, and sadly he used more force for the 2 soldiers he did kill, but that may very well have been necessary for those two. No different than all the soldiers Monet shredded who were attacking them when they were invading bases.

We also gotta call into question on what sane leader sends Sabretooth of all people on a mission where he didn't want anyone killed? Example used by Comic Book University. You send a person who suffers from Kleptomania into a convenient store to pick up something for you, then get mad when they come out with a ton stuff that they surely didn't pay for when you only gave them a dollar. lol
    he's sabretooth, they're damage control, he's a big boy and can take it. AND he was given specific orders not to kill. he got what he deserved

the more i think about it, the more xavier HAS to know about mystique's plans in detail, maybe even sending her on the mother mold mission was deliberate to see how she'd react to such stimulus/ultimatum

also the mystique with the device she took as the courier feels like an obvious switcharoo, she sabotaged it, replaced it, took something else, etc

Extraordinary Member

Do we know if Hickman is an anime fan?

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    It's not that we love Mystique, it's that it's really hard to justify what's happening to her when you have Apocalypse and Sinister being allowed to walk around like it's nothing.
    What has happened to her? Amnesty for all her fvcked up crimes? Free room and board? Having a safe place to escape human prejudice? Sounds just awful I meeeeean not really. It's for the betterment of over a million other people. If that's not a reasonable price to pay for not having your wife with idk what is.

She and Destiny are a great way to explore just how fucked up this situation is.
    Errr what's so fvcked about the situation? If anything it shows just how little Mystique and Destiny reeeally care about Mutant rights. You'd think Destiny and Mystique would be ok with having a Mutant paradise. You'd think Mystique would take this time to mend fenced with the Mutants she fvcked over when they kids i.e. Nightcrawler and Rogue Mystique is a shape shifter if it really came down to it she should grab a mirror, shift to look like Destiny and 'She Bop' herself
    Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    I seriously believe she has a revenge notebook. On the cover, written in black marker: REVENGE NOTEBOOK.
    Hahahaha! Dude that cracked me up

But seriously she's not thaaat stupid it probably says...
    NOT MY
    REVENGE NOTEBOOK.
    GrindrStone(D)

Extraordinary Member

What's the point of this paradice if Mystique knows that something is incredibly wrong?

Im wondering what book some of y’all are reading. This Destiny v Moira shit has nothing to do with Krakoa and everything to do with Moira being found out and potentially left vulnerable once her presence is known. This whole “dark secret” thing also isn’t really conflicting with the foundation of Krakoa. To say it’s founded on a lie is to say that what Magneto and Xavier are doing with Krakoa is the same thing they did in Moira’s previous lives but we know that’s not the case. Moira’s scared because mutants always lost but she’s never lived a life where mutantkind was united together.

Even if you don't like Mystique and you think she's an evil bitch, that doesn't make Moira and Charles right.

I mean, as others have said, how long before a mutant is either born with precog powers or comes to Krakoa already with them? What about this future made Ruth so despondent that she decided to kill herself?
    Blindfold didn’t see Krakoa lmao
    Last edited by Tycon; 02-12-2020 at 09:42 PM.

What's the point of this paradice if Mystique knows that something is incredibly wrong?
    Dude she doesn't
    GrindrStone(D)

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by yellow cyclone View Post
    he's sabretooth, they're damage control, he's a big boy and can take it. AND he was given specific orders not to kill. he got what he deserved
    He shouldn't have even been sent. Killing humans is pretty much all his character has been good for the past 17 years. lol He contributed nothing to the data retrieval. Then the contributions he did make were holding off tons of soldiers, with only TWO kills out of over a dozen enemies, and staying behind as a punching-bag for Thing to allow the others escape with the data. But he's given no credit for the latter and tortured for the former.

Again, there were tons of soldiers there & only two killed. If Jobbertooth really was out for blood, ALL of those men would have been killed. But instead in incapacitate them with two fatalities that can be questionable.

Magneto & Xavier were dirty there. And if they're gonna pull that crap, Mystique needs to be down in the hole with Jobbertooth. And SOON!!!!

And we go back to Monet. Unlike Jobbertooth, she's nigh-invulnerable with bullets bouncing off of her, and in her Penance form, she's even more solid. So they're humans with guns, and she's a big girl who can take it. However, she did get killed which calls her entire powerset into question. So for all the praise, Hickman has left some gaps for now. lol
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 02-12-2020 at 09:46 PM.

I can't help but wonder if the people coming down on the ones who enjoyed this moment of revelation in regards to Destiny and Mystique, that on some level we all knew was coming the moment Moira, Xavier and Lensherr said no we are not going to give this woman her wife back, if it is because it is more proof that Krakoa is doomed to fail. Honestly when the "Krakoa forever" thing was being thrown around i just couldn't help but pity the people who said it, not just because they ripped off Wakanda but because they actually believed it was going to happen.

Because the whole "Kill no human" rule? We all knew that wasn't going to last if we have people like Apocalypse, Gorgon, Sinister and so on living there or a team like X-force around. The fact that Mystique had the balls to go up to them and tell them that she didn't kill that woman because of it was pure genius and their response showing their willingness to throw it away because they "know" better was icing on the cake. Let's be real here, instead of blowing up a head, they should have blown up the entire space station.

And come on, Shaw just murdered Kitty by drowing her, Apocalypse manipulated X-calibur to get elbow deep in Morgan Le Fay's guts, Beast is planning to put bugs in the US goverment and Avengers Mountain (which sounds downright stupid given that he couldn't even take care of plant people) and you think Krakoa is going to last why? Hell if Xavier backs up everyone thoughts for the resurrection than he MUST know what is going on and he allows this to happen while smiling for the masses and "pursuing the dream" and that makes him the worst of the bunch because he lets these terrible things happen for the "greater good".

Another thing, these two idiots are running the show without Moira's input it seems and i for one am blaming them for the Tsunami size crap that will hit them before this show ends with the final reset.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    I can't help but wonder if the people coming down on the ones who enjoyed this moment of revelation in regards to Destiny and Mystique, that on some level we all knew was coming the moment Moira, Xavier and Lensherr said no we are not going to give this woman her wife back, if it is because it is more proof that Krakoa is doomed to fail. Honestly when the "Krakoa forever" thing was being thrown around i just couldn't help but pity the people who said it, not just because they ripped off Wakanda but because they actually believed it was going to happen.

Because the whole "Kill no human" rule? We all knew that wasn't going to last if we have people like Apocalypse, Gorgon, Sinister and so on living there or a team like X-force around. The fact that Mystique had the balls to go up to them and tell them that she didn't kill that woman because of it was pure genius and their response showing their willingness to throw it away because they "know" better was icing on the cake. Let's be real here, instead of blowing up a head, they should have blown up the entire space station.

And come on, Shaw just murdered Kitty by drowing her, Apocalypse manipulated X-calibur to get elbow deep in Morgan Le Fay's guts, Beast is planning to put bugs in the US goverment and Avengers Mountain (which sounds downright stupid given that he couldn't even take care of plant people) and you think Krakoa is going to last why? Hell if Xavier backs up everyone thoughts for the resurrection than he MUST know what is going on and he allows this to happen while smiling for the masses and "pursuing the dream" and that makes him the worst of the bunch because he lets these terrible things happen for the "greater good".

Another thing, these two idiots are running the show without Moira's input it seems and i for one am blaming them for the Tsunami size crap that will hit them before this show ends with the final reset.
    Agreed. The system is heavily flawed & Xavier & Magneto clearly don't have good handle on anything or know wtf they're doing.

I am actually anxious to see this blow up in their face. lol

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Finally got to read this. Still can't believe Orchis having the worst security ever is a legit plot point, lol. Also, I cannot for the life of me figure out why the efff The Boys even need Mystique for anything. I mean, they couldn't have asked Kwannon to do it because...? Just give the lady an ongoing-oh-wait-no-it-was-always-meant-to-be-a-mini every 12 months or so and you're good to go. Job done and no need to worry about the inevitable victim complex-fueled tantrum/backstabbing. But then again, Kwannon wouldn't have used Jeansus' No Killing Flatscans Law to troll Chuck/Mags.

The Destiny/Mystique stuff was fine in its execution, I guess, but I dunno, it's basically the exact same thing as every other Destiny/Mystique story out there, isn't it? Oh well, I'll give it to Hickman and Editorial, though, releasing an issue that's basically about shameless cock-blocking and 'Waifu-related whining on Valentine's Week is pretty funny.
    Last edited by FluffyCyclopsRLZ; 02-12-2020 at 10:00 PM.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

I wonder if Magneto still has that Destiny diary he got after decimation that convinced him to keep looking for a way out for M-Day and if Hickman will adress Necrosha because there Magneto had a small interaction with Destiny but that time she chose to be dead again, I hope so because that story was awesome.

Anyway I think Destiny is going to be brought back one way or the other, Hickman is building a pretty interesting intellectual fight between her and Moira with Raven, Charles and Max acting as their tools. Still Magneto and xavier already were pretty clear with Moira about the need for Irene to be back, the main problem here imo is Charles and Moira´s own feelings for Mystique and Destiny, it kind of took me by surprise but really it makes a lot of sense for Charles to hate mystique after she went on to kill Moira for "shit and giggles", even going so far as to stab Rogue to get to her, yes, now we know Moira was not killed this doesn´t change the fact the Mystique would do it again especially if Destiny asked her. Hilariously the one person in the room who´s able to talk more or less reasonably to both Raven and Charles is Magneto, my guess is that he was the one who convinced charles to make Moira´s prohibition on precognitive mutants temporal
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 02-12-2020 at 10:08 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Metal Sphere View Post
    Those mooks were working for Damage Control, which is not an anti-mutant organization. It seems like you have to be an absolutely passive infant around mutants to benefit from that "Kill No Man" law, otherwise a thousand and one exceptions and loopholes spring into existence. I eagerly await the issue where a situation arises where someone flat out states no one is killing anyone that day, regardless of the justification. I wouldn't be surprised if it's Jean, because she'd be a good candidate to be frustrated that the spirit of the law isn't being followed.
    Considering Damage Control has access to Stark and F4 tech, I doubt they attacked Creed, Toad and Mystique with glocks.
    "Cable was right!"

Given that Mystique is a huge security nightmare waiting to happen, I'm starting to suspect that the goal is to have every mutant who has ever lived up to this point physically present on Krakoa. Obviously just killing her or Sabretooth would simplify things immensely, so its either bad writing or a plot point.

And when shit hits the fan, I hope it hits all at once. Like, everything Beast is doing turns the Avengers and other hero groups against them at the same time it comes out Emma used blackmail to get Krakoa established, and the drugs are sinister AND the Terra Verde, and they are left with no allies and the entire world as their enemies. Now THAT would be a shitshow.

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    Given that Mystique is a huge security nightmare waiting to happen, I'm starting to suspect that the goal is to have every mutant who has ever lived up to this point physically present on Krakoa. Obviously just killing her or Sabretooth would simplify things immensely, so its either bad writing or a plot point.

And when shit hits the fan, I hope it hits all at once. Like, everything Beast is doing turns the Avengers and other hero groups against them at the same time it comes out Emma used blackmail to get Krakoa established, and the drugs are sinister AND the Terra Verde, and they are left with no allies and the entire world as their enemies. Now THAT would be a shitshow.
    That shitshow is going to end with Logan killing Moira again, i can already see it coming.