Page 27 of 41 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829303137 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post
    How about this? Rather than burn anything down, Mystique should steal Irene's DNA from Sinister, bargain with a shadow "five" who want something, and resurrect whomever she damn well wants to. Xavier is planning to expand resurrections anyway so it would just require some machinations and thievery which is her skill set.
    Ok say that she does this, what if Irene says Krakoa still has to go for the good of mutantkind? How would that make you feel that she has a legitimate and valid reason for taking it down that has nothing to do with Her and her wife being screwed over but an actual reason?

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    One important thing I don't think anyone has mention, This book had ZERO cyclops in it. I remember arguing with people going this is be glorified Cyclops solo and it was weird argument to have with people. And my point back then was what happen in this book, If Hickman wants to focus on another character he will focus on another character. The next book looks like it will be Apocalypse centric issue and then after looks back mission run by Cyclops. The fact the book is going to have a lot of Cyclops doesn't mean the book is always going to focus on Cyclops. The last books where

X-men 4 :Focusing on Apocalypse,Xavier and Magneto
    X-men 5: Focusing on mission to go inside of "the Vault"
    X-men 6: Focusing on Mystique

Honestly I wish this book wasn't "the lead book" but I love that this book is a set book for the whole franchise and it can jump around where it need to set up things. If we had great team X-men classic team book to along with this book it would be awesome but also like how the other books in the franchise aren't being treat like the step children to the "Real" X-men books.
    Why would it? He isn't the star of the show. Moira, Xavier, Lensherr, Raven, and Irene are the stars to look for.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Most of the island are X-shills. I wonder how that will go.
    It reminds me, quite mildly, of The Ones Who Walk Away from Omelas. Again, still quite mildly, but the point is, in even the most perfect society, there "has" to be a sacrifice. Some person has to be left behind and hurt if the rest are to thrive. And most people will be fine with this.

Quote Originally Posted by Kisinith View Post
    She's getting screwed thats not really questionable. She isn't having her dead wife kept away from her because of her own past but because of what Destiny did in life 3 and because of her powers. However, that doesn't make Moira, Xavier and Magneto evil either, they do have valid reasons for their actions. Further, PoX #6 makes it pretty clear that Xavier and Magneto at least view the prohibition on resurrecting precogs as temporary. Its not evil to tell someone they have to wait, no matter how much they want something.
    They may view it as temporary but does Moira? And just how long is temporary? I wonder just how long has Raven did their dirty work with the promise of her wife being given back to her only to be denied again and again until we reached this breaking point where she will take measures, drastic measures to fufil her promise to her?

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Hickman's use of Destiny is masterful, I enjoy her so much under his pen. I would die for an issue of Xavier, [A], Magneto, Frost, Mr. Sinister, and Destiny pontificating and shading one another.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    Hickman's use of Destiny is masterful, I enjoy her so much under his pen. I would die for an issue of Xavier, [A], Magneto, Frost, Mr. Sinister, and Destiny pontificating and shading one another.
    It's really sad how Emma is the only one out of this group I would consider just a regular X-Men. Everyone outside of this group just feels so boring.

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    I haven't gotten to this ish yet, but is there any reason why if they know that Nimrod is being built that they don't just blow up the joint? Or send Daken or another assassin in an stop it? Or is it "reasons"?
    Probably because it would go against their no killing humans rule after they made a show of sending Sabertooth down to Krakoa's sphincter for breaking a newly made law, but so long as those two and the killer knows then it is ok apperantly or so i believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Lapsus View Post
    It actually shows how arrogant is Irene, at any point she thought "this is gonna bite me in the ass"
    As opposed to the arrogance Xavier and Lensherr showed so far?

Make it plain please... Silver Phoenix's Avatar

You know, this would all make for a bigger story for all precog mutants worldwide.

What if they were all on the run? Their powers being the only thing that gives them an edge on being caught... but what if they were going missing? I could see Moira/Xavier being behind some covert missions to silence precogs who are all seeing the same future....

And... what if the Children of the Vault were giving mutant precogs sanctuary with designs to use their knowledge against humans and mutants?
    "I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me."- Jesus
    John 14:6

Extraordinary Member

Irene is definitely arrogant, but she isn't entirely wrong. And unlike the others, she at leadt has the insight and perspective to see where her actions lead

Mighty Member

I was just listening to Whitney Houston's "A Song for You" which is rumored to be about her secret relationship with Robyn, and I couldn't help but the about Mystique and Destiny. I so want Destiny back!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    I also saw a comparison a few pages back with the Avengers and how they don't kill. Let us remember that the Avengers aren't the targets of a massive city of sentinels being built ONLY to kill mutants. On top of the Mother Mold. On top of mutant children being experimented on by Orchis. All of this was in production before Krakoa and why, because the humans received data that mutants may outnumber them in 20 years? Talk about paranoia, a poor use of resources, and desecration of a planet.
    That's not really a fair comparison. The Avengers are currently dealing with a galactic threat to the entire planet, and have been dealing with planetary threats like the Final Host, the vampire uprising and Namor's war on everyone. They're about to have to deal with the Symbiote God and his all consuming army and the united Kree/Skrull invasion. That just gets back to "why aren't the Avengers doing anything about the specific problems of mutants when other massive threats are going on" that gets brought up all the time. In the old days the X-men would have asked the FF and Avengers for help in dealing with a place like Sentinel City. They probably haven't even mentioned it to them now.

"Kill No Man", except the ones that we think are threats to us still feels like a hypocrisy based on Jean's reasoning for the law. Especially in situations different from Orchis, like the mercs or Groot wannabes who are so beneath their weight class when they're going against the X-men.

And the mutants are desecrating Mars with the Krakoa plants according to previews for Marauders.

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    Probably because it would go against their no killing humans rule after they made a show of sending Sabertooth down to Krakoa's sphincter for breaking a newly made law, but so long as those two and the killer knows then it is ok apperantly or so i believe.
    LOL! Oh man, I needed that. Thank you!
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    That's not really a fair comparison. The Avengers are currently dealing with a galactic threat to the entire planet, and have been dealing with planetary threats like the Final Host, the vampire uprising and Namor's war on everyone. They're about to have to deal with the Symbiote God and his all consuming army and the united Kree/Skrull invasion. That just gets back to "why aren't the Avengers doing anything about the specific problems of mutants when other massive threats are going on" that gets brought up all the time. In the old days the X-men would have asked the FF and Avengers for help in dealing with a place like Sentinel City. They probably haven't even mentioned it to them now.

"Kill No Man", except the ones that we think are threats to us still feels like a hypocrisy based on Jean's reasoning for the law. Especially in situations different from Orchis, like the mercs or Groot wannabes who are so beneath their weight class when they're going against the X-men.

And the mutants are desecrating Mars with the Krakoa plants according to previews for Marauders.
    I find it interesting that Raven was the one who brought up the killing in self defense. And hey, the Avengers are totally heroes of course but someone said they behave differently than the mutants and it's true. The mutants are targeted for just who they are.

We actually were just discussing the comparison of planets in the Marauders thread. One is for medicine, the other is for murder. LOL! I'll say this, Hickman and the other amazing writers are doing a fine job.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    Irene is definitely arrogant, but she isn't entirely wrong. And unlike the others, she at leadt has the insight and perspective to see where her actions lead
    She really needed to burn her like that ??

That was sadism.