Page 36 of 41 FirstFirst ... 26323334353637383940 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    I dunno, if I ran around slashing folks' throats for the lulz, murdering babies to save my kin because I'm such a good parent, strapping other beings to a bed for efffin' months so I could harvest hormones out of them or whatever, I wouldn't throw a whiny-ass "I'm the victim, stop mistreating me, I have feeelings too!" tantrum because some jerk wasn't in any hurry to reunite me with my waifu/husbando. Just sayin'.

Honestly, it will never not be hilarious how folks were totally down for Moira/Chuck/Mags running a Bond Villain scheme on a global level, but hurting Mystique's feelings (of all people) is, like, pure evil, basically. What's next? Sebastian Shaw getting sympathy votes once he starts whining about how much he misses his swinging pal Harry Leland?
    For me it is more about the hypocrisy coming from Charles/Magneto/Moira...a fresh start for all mutants, everyone who allies with us if forgiven, we will bring back all our lost loved ones, kill no human.....oh BTW Mystique...you don't get your wife back and go kill humans for us.

Mystique is definitely not a good person, but Apocalypse and Sinister have done way worse. Apocalypse got rebirthed suspiciously and Charles was just like “where have you been all night? And why do you stink of cigarettes?”

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    I was too busy enjoying my vacay but from what I've seen the people backing Mystique probably forgot that Destiny isn't some misunderstood troublemaker like QQ and she's just as level as the A-tier X-Men villains.

Y'all think you're reading Bloom into You or some sh*t. smh.
    It is the same people who complain that Xavier brought the villains to Krakoa but are satisfied with a villain destroying Krakoa harming millions of mutants. They just don't like Krakoa and the current status quo wanting to return to old, tedious, extinct stories. It doesn't matter to them who's going to do the job or their motives as long as Krakoa falls and millions of mutants die as a result. It is illogical but some people are just like that.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    For me it is more about the hypocrisy coming from Charles/Magneto/Moira...a fresh start for all mutants, everyone who allies with us if forgiven, we will bring back all our lost loved ones, kill no human.....oh BTW Mystique...you don't get your wife back and go kill humans for us.
    This right here. We know that Mystique is an evil bitch, we know Destiny is a nut, but so are Apocalypse and Sinister. Why do they get a pass and Destiny doesn't?

It just cheapens the entire Krakoan experience and turns the resurrection protocols into just another means of conteol instead of the holy and divine experience Charles intends them to be.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Knives View Post
    It is the same people who complain that Xavier brought the villains to Krakoa but are satisfied with a villain destroying Krakoa harming millions of mutants. They just don't like Krakoa and the current status quo wanting to return to old, tedious, extinct stories. It doesn't matter to them who's going to do the job or their motives as long as Krakoa falls and millions of mutants die as a result. It is illogical but some people are just like that.
    But you have to understand, a lot of us feel this way because we feel like this Krakoan experiment is just leading to extinction or something worse.

Charles isn't the hero here, the X-Men are not entirely ib the right, and Moira, again, is trying to recreate End of Evangelion here.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    This right here. We know that Mystique is an evil bitch, we know Destiny is a nut, but so are Apocalypse and Sinister. Why do they get a pass and Destiny doesn't?
    For Destiny, it's the precog ban, I suppose.

For Mystique… people tend to like better the bastards on their side than the bastards on the other side and Mystique has an history of backstabbing and being an unreliable person.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

And they say they're X-Men fans.

But lemme stop. The X-Men and mutants as a whole have to be the shining paragons of virtue and righteous heroism or they can enjoy no happiness.
    Last edited by CoCoBandz; 02-17-2020 at 06:53 AM.
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

But you have to understand, a lot of us feel this way because we feel like this Krakoan experiment is just leading to extinction or something worse.

Charles isn't the hero here, the X-Men are not entirely ib the right, and Moira, again, is trying to recreate End of Evangelion here.
    You are actually reading the story or simply ignoring the parts that suit you.

Extinction will happen anyway (for humans and mutants)

Moira saw 10 different lives and in all of them the mutants fell.

Krakoa is a radical answer of course, but it is precisely because it is something radical that it may be their only chance.

If they fail then it will be just another failure among many but in the face of the problem the only solution was to do something new or give up. This is not about heroism it is about surviving the future.

Or maybe you believe that another speech by Xavier or a march with mutants will finally stop humans from sending killer machines after them kkkk.

Krakoa is no different than any country in the world that protects its own interests.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

It just cheapens the entire Krakoan experience and turns the resurrection protocols into just another means of conteol instead of the holy and divine experience Charles intends them to be.
    Apocalypse and Sinister haven't gotten a pass. They just haven't played their hand yet unlike Mystique.
    "Cable was right!"

Apocalypse and Sinister haven't gotten a pass. They just haven't played their hand yet unlike Mystique.
    Every villain who came to Krakoa has a reason to be there according to Moira's memories.

Sinister is necessary to create the chimeras in the future.

Apocalypse was the only one to be able to keep the mutant species for longer in Moira's visions. Even though he is a villain, his knowledge and power are needed in the battle for the future. He is already developing magic to mutants and will soon have his former riders back.

If you intend to survive the war, every resource is necessary.

Extraordinary Member

He's dissecting people!

And how has Mystique played her hand? All she did was ask for her wife to be brought back. And instead, she was given no reasonable explanation, just politely told to shut up and get back to work.

And again, my point is that for many of us, we know Krakoa isn't going to work. You can't accuse me of ig oring the story when you're just as guilty of ignoring the set up.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Every villain who came to Krakoa has a reason to be there according to Moira's memories.

Sinister is necessary to create the chimeras in the future.

Apocalypse was the only one to be able to keep the mutant species for longer in Moira's visions. Even though he is a villain, his knowledge and power are needed in the battle for the future. He is already developing magic to mutants and will soon have his former riders back.

If you intend to survive the war, every resource is necessary.

I think they meant a pass from the readers. Like Shaw is needed but he just tried to kill Kitty so I doubt anyone's supporting him.
    "Cable was right!"

Extraordinary Member

I think they meant a pass from the readers. Like Shaw is needed but he just tried to kill Kitty so I doubt anyone's supporting him.
    I do wonder how Emma is going to get back at him without being able to kill him. Oh, it will be glorious!

But at the same time, it will also again be another sign that Krakoa is not the safe haven some of you want it to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    For Destiny, it's the precog ban, I suppose.
    Exactly right. They're not keeping Irene from Raven for kicks, they're trying to figure out how to play this without telling Raven the truth of why Irene can't come back. It sucks for Raven of course but I don't see how this is hypocrisy when there's a stated reason on the page for it.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Exactly right. They're not keeping Irene from Raven for kicks, they're trying to figure out how to play this without telling Raven the truth of why Irene can't come back. It sucks for Raven of course but I don't see how this is hypocrisy when there's a stated reason on the page for it.
    But isn't that still hypocritical? It's at least pretty scummy.

"Oh, everyone is welcome and everyone gets a second chsnce! Unless you're this type of mutant and our unseen leader doesn't like you."