Page 6 of 41 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    Yeah he had full access to her backup memories. It'd be quite dumb if he got caught completely off guard by her betrayal.
    Having access to back up memories does not mean he will invade their individual privacy by scanning and reading them, which has always been a premier tenet of his and other Psis for how they use their power.
    That said, it is Xavier about whom we're speaking...and he will break his personal rules and regulations for the greater good...so...it depends on just how trusting he is in Mystique.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Woozie View Post
    I got some Hickman books to show you...
    Dont patronize firstly, and second comparing to the illuminati is tired as sin, krakoa is a nation that is actually allowing a level of progress and evolution for once and its range of politics, but it is a positive thing witout doubt for the majority of civilian mutants

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Having access to back up memories does not mean he will invade their individual privacy by scanning and reading them, which has always been a premier tenet of his and other Psis for how they use their power.
    That said, it is Xavier about whom we're speaking...and he will break his personal rules and regulations for the greater good...so...it depends on just how trusting he is in Mystique.
    its mystique, youd be stupid not to have some sort of leash on her.

Quote Originally Posted by Woozie View Post
    Boy, this sounds like something, what does it sound like. It's on the tip of my tongue

just can't quite pin it down though
    A good comparison will not deny that.

But again what is the other alternative? Let the mutant race be killed ?

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    For love… It's soon Valentine's Day.
    It's funny how love often looks a lot like crazy .

Quote Originally Posted by Starfish View Post
    With the attack team having been restored from previous backups because the station was out of Cerebro's range, I wonder who of them will be revealed to have survived the mission and been imprisoned by Orchis, now having another copy of them walking around.
    That would be like open the can of worms. Good lord the shitstorm.

They are not going that way.

If I were Xavier I'd make some popcorns and have some Cerebra and chill with Magneto, watching all the nasty ideas people like Mystique and Sinister might have.

On Thursdays I'd only watch Emma and Scott psychic "encounters".

Let's review the facts:

Raven and Irene stopped Moira from developing a cure for mutants, that she naively believed would never be used as a weapon against mutants. Knowing the nature of Moira's ability, they told her to do better next time and killed her and burned her lab to the ground.

After lifetimes of betrayals, murders, trying all manner of things, Moira comes to this life and selectively breeds Charles with Gabrielle to produce Legion.

Legion kills Destiny.

And you all are saying Mystique is being unreasonable. Irene and Raven probably met sometime in the very beginning of the 20th century. They were lesbian mutants through both world wars, the Cold war, and however else much history retroactively packs into their sliding timeline before she dies in the Shadow King/Muir Island Saga. Of course that means a lot to Raven.

Years later Mystique supposedly killed Moira(but evidently that was all a fake out with a Shi'Ar body clone and some nonsense, I'm sorry, you can't explain that death scene in the Astral Plane without Xavier being a complete psychopathic monster), which I believe was somehow connected to Destiny's prophesies(and retroactively makes sense with Destiny's previous warning to Moira, though, in that case, why not also mention this Moira is not the real one and she will reemerge later).

Suffice to say this is a tangled web, and Moira is not without her own sins. Erik and Charles are being rather ridiculous now too. This can not end well. I wonder how long Hickman plans to drag this out?
    Last edited by yogaflame; 02-12-2020 at 09:27 AM.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    Dont patronize firstly, and second comparing to the illuminati is tired as sin, krakoa is a nation that is actually allowing a level of progress and evolution for once and its range of politics, but it is a positive thing witout doubt for the majority of civilian mutants
    These aren't real things, person. They're fictional concepts, used by writers for a corporation. Said fictional concepts are being used by a writer, who has ap retty consistent structure to how he tackles things.

Acting like Hickman doesn't love doing the "Good people doing morally questional or outright wrong things in hopes of a greater end" isn't common is like pretending Tom King books aren't just allegories for mental illness and the woes of war on soldiers and their families.

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    If I were Xavier I'd make some popcorns and have some Cerebra and chill with Magneto, watching all the nasty ideas people like Mystique and Sinister might have.

On Thursdays I'd only watch Emma and Scott psychic "encounters".
    LOL...IKR! That would be the ultimate Netflix n' Chill for him and Mags.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

BANNED

the idea this new status quo, that has been a definitive and cosmic positive addition to a horribly stagnant comic line , will end because a hag told her indigo lover to burn it down instead of, i dunno, find out why and reveal the truth to others perhaps, makes me so so so anoyed.
    Last edited by Ferro; 02-12-2020 at 09:28 AM.

BANNED

I like Krakoa and hope it lasts but at the same time I’m a sucker for these batshit star-crossed dykes. Ooooh what if this ends up being Xavier/Magneto vs Destiny/Mystique ??

The classic gays vs lesbians

LOL...IKR! That would be the ultimate Netflix n' Chill for him and Mags.
    "So Charles, we need to talk about Arakko and the risks of having it attached to the island..."

"Oooooor we could read Lorna's secret diary straight from her memories while she was writing it"

"..."

""

"I'll grab the popcorn"

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Let's review the facts:

Raven and Irene stopped Moira from developing a cure for mutants, that she naively believed would never be used as a weapon against mutants. Knowing the nature of Moira's ability, they told her to do better next time and killed her and burned her lab to the ground.

After lifetimes of betrayals, murders, trying all manner of things, Moira comes to this life and selectively breeds Charles with Gabrielle to produce Legion.

Legion kills Destiny.

And you all are saying Mystique is being unreasonable. Irene and Raven probably met sometime in the very beginning of the 20th century. They were lesbian mutants through both world wars, the Cold war, and however else much history retroactively packs into their sliding timeline before she dies in the Shadow King/Muir Island Saga.

Years later Mystique supposedly killed Moira(but evidently that was all a fake out with a Shi'Ar body clone and some nonsense, I'm sorry, you can't explain that death scene in the Astral Plane without Xavier being a complete psychopathic monster), which I believe was somehow connected to Destiny's prophesies(and retroactively makes sense with Destiny's previous warning to Moira, though, in that case, why not also mention this Moira is not the real one and she will reemerge later).

Suffice to say this is a tangled web, and Moira is not without her own sins. Erik and Charles are being rather ridiculous now too. This can not end well. I wonder how long Hickman plans to drag this out?
    When you put it like that (great synopsis, btw)...I hope forever!!!! Because that's some Claremont high-drama dialed up to a gazillion.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    the idea this new status quo, that has been a definitive and cosmic positive addition to a horribly stagnant comic line , will end because a hag told her indigo lover to burn it down instead of, i dunno, find out why and reveal the truth to others perhaps.
    You are counting on Mystique success, she (or Irene) would do damage but ultimately they are not the endgame.

For me, Krakoa was too much sugar, too many egos creating an ideal mutant nation.

Now we are starting to see the teeth of those who cant live im that harmony.

Extraordinary Member

I do think we're forgetting about someone in all of this-Blindfold. Poor innocent Ruth, a mutant who never hurt anyone and who always used her power for good.

And what does she get for it? For her sacrifices and years of loyalty? She killed herself because she saw no future for herself and that included on Krakoa.

Why can't she be brought back?