Page 8 of 41 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    Where is Legion? He was her lover, after all. He could be her Mystique…
    Legion is pointedly absent. So is the mysterious Mister M.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Excatatiously.
    And I'm here for it!!! (Sinister and Sebastian's fangs are venom-tipped)
    If anyone seriously thought this was going to be "Mutant Fantasy Island: They all live happily ever after." well, the joke's on them.
    Did anyone really believe that? That Krakoa is a good idea or really an end goal?

Quote Originally Posted by Starfish View Post
    With the attack team having been restored from previous backups because the station was out of Cerebro's range, I wonder who of them will be revealed to have survived the mission and been imprisoned by Orchis, now having another copy of them walking around.
    That was the whole point of Jean and Monet connecting to the whole team, to make sure of everyone’s status.

Anyone who thinks Destiny is just mad about not being brought back doesn't know Destiny or Hickman. There is more to this than that.

Spectacular Member

- xavier, magneto & moira build a paradise for mutants
    - mutantkind have a safe location, completely united, and actual political, economic, diplomatic leverage against humans, for the first time ever

"i hOpE dEsTiNy & MyStiQuE bURn iT aLL 2 tHe GRoUnD because shipping reasons"

lmao x-men fandom in a nutshell

Quote Originally Posted by Lapsus View Post
    I want to clarify that i dont think that Mystique or Destiny are the heroes in this story and i dont think that Hickman is presenting them in that light.

Much like Shaw, we are starting to see the inevitable, many of these mutants like the mutant nation as long as it play their interests but in reality they dont give two turds for other people.
    I don't think many people are gonna come out heroes by the end of all this.
    Constantly talking isn't necessarily communicating

CBR community Standards and Rules

Quote Originally Posted by Knives View Post
    Maybe yes or maybe not but if the other futures didn't work out why should they be afraid to do something radical when everything else failed ?

Again, fighting and conquering didn't work and pacifism didn't work either.

Or are you saying that they should simply give up and accept that the mutants will never win?

Seriously ? I don't believe it at all, that's not what their actions demonstrate.
    The ONLY reason they arent resurrecting precogs is because they can find Moira. Nothing else.

My hat is off to Hickman. Another incredible issue where he's cranking up the tension. All will explode soon.

Wow.

Sentinel City is scary.
    Last edited by JB; 02-12-2020 at 09:58 AM.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Fantastic Member

I wonder what’s stopping Mystique to bypass Xavier and Magneto. There’s nothing stopping her from conspiring with Sinister or even Selene to bring back Destiny. She can manipulate Nightcrawler and Rogue to her side especially with their ties Destiny. With Rogue on board, Gambit is soon to follow. There’s at least 2 most likely to betray the X-men in that line up lol. It would be interesting if Mystique pulls off a resurrection outside of Xavier and co. I’m sure Sinister can provide a body. Mystique just need a powerful enough telepath or sorcerer like Selene or Maybe Exodus to transfer destiny’s essence to the body.

Quote Originally Posted by Askani5 View Post
    Maybe there’s more to the Krakoa situation that Moira, Xavier and Magneto are not sharing. And destiny might be the only one to expose their true intentions.
    That's where I am at. I mean, Moira only has 9 or 10 versions of history to go off of. We've seen dozens if not hundreds of more alternative timelines just between What If's and Exiles. She's saying 'no precogs' so she doesn't get proven wrong[and all her desperate actions over the years had been for naught]. I don't see an end to Hickman's run that doesn't reveal Moira as the real villain after all.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar

Hickman obviously has something cooking but I'm not pro-Mystique on this topic. Surprised so many folks seem to be pro-Krakoa destruction.

Destroying mutant utopia because the dudes in charge won't bring your wife back is selfish. There are possibly millions of innocent mutants on the island that don't deserve to suffer because of the choices by the quiet council leadership.

Moria might have a good reason for no precogs.

Perhaps there is a timeline in which the pre-cogs are captured and used against mutants minority report style. Mutants couldn't defend themselves from a enemy that always knew what they would do.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    wubbification of raven of is anoying, but I dont buy that raven will be able to cause much damage considering moira is a player,.
    And raven is untrustworthy to her core, chaotic and unpredictable, and had the chance to bring raven back before and didn't, and destiny's game with moira is interesting since moira is acting on her threat anyways
    I was thinking the same thing because Moira knows many things and may even know of Raven's attempt to scorch Krakoa.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post
    Irene killed Moira because she wasn’t using her gift to help mutants. Moira created Krakoa which is supposedly their best shot at survival. It seems strange that Destiny would want it undone...out of spite?
    It's all so juicy! In Hickman I trust.
    Last edited by JB; 02-12-2020 at 10:06 AM.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

I wonder what’s stopping Mystique to bypass Xavier and Magneto. There’s nothing stopping her from conspiring with Sinister or even Selene to bring back Destiny. She can manipulate Nightcrawler and Rogue to her side especially with their ties Destiny. With Rogue on board, Gambit is soon to follow. There’s at least 2 most likely to betray the X-men in that line up lol. It would be interesting if Mystique pulls off a resurrection outside of Xavier and co. I’m sure Sinister can provide a body. Mystique just need a powerful enough telepath or sorcerer like Selene or Maybe Exodus to transfer destiny’s essence to the body.
    This is a really interesting idea. Hickman made it a point to note that there are back-ups for members of The Five. It's possible she could get Synch, Triage, Sway, Legion/Jamie Braddock, and Rogue absorbed Egg together to bring back Destiny all on her own.

Quote Originally Posted by yellow cyclone View Post
    - mutantkind have a safe location, completely united, and actual political, economic, diplomatic leverage against humans, for the first time ever

I don't think people's support for Mystique here has anything to do with shipping reasons. There has always been something that felt off about Krakoa, and Destiny is a pretty respectable character. If she knows something it wrong, then something is probably wrong.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post
    Hickman obviously has something cooking but I'm not pro-Mystique on this topic. Surprised so many folks seem to be pro-Krakoa destruction.

Destroying mutant utopia because the dudes in charge won't bring your wife back is selfish. There are possibly millions of innocent mutants on the island that don't deserve to suffer because of the choices by the quiet council leadership.
    especially coming from the woman who did a moralistic speech about mutant protection before killing moira, it just seems to me that was just a ruse to prevent her from harming destiny since shes a mutant.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by yellow cyclone View Post

I think, at first, she assumed that they might really give Destiny back. But bringing others on board is tricky when most people seem happy with things.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealWashout View Post
    This is a really interesting idea. Hickman made it a point to note that there are back-ups for members of The Five. It's possible she could get Synch, Triage, Sway, Legion/Jamie Braddock, and Rogue absorbed Egg together to bring back Destiny all on her own.

I don't think people's support for Mystique here has anything to do with shipping reasons. There has always been something that felt off about Krakoa, and Destiny is a pretty respectable character. If she knows something it wrong, then something is probably wrong.
    her diaries proved useless, most of her visions as well, she probably knows only what her current xanax amount allows