Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Domino and Colossus’s late night art crit was hot.

When did Colossus die? Did he even die, and this Peter is not the real deal? That would not make sense. I kind of like to keep guessing, but as usual, I have a bad feeling about this...

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Wow, how did I not realize that Colossus was dead
    It's Colossus so was he ever really alive?
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

Shout out to the real Mr. and Mrs. X, Colossus and Domino.

Good issue, but Bazaldua should stick to teen titles.

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    It's Colossus so was he ever really alive?
    wow this was strong shade

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    But the issue is that he's risking alienating the Avengers, the one group they may be able to count on. Even if the Avengers did storm Utopia, they are a much safer bet than the other groups.
    Unfortunately it seems the Avengers weren't able to prevent the destruction of mutants before. I did like them working with Jean in Red though, and it'd be nice if they interacted in a positive way.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Astonishing Member

I guess I was wrong in guessing Lord Deathstrike that Aaron created in his Wolvie run was the assassin.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Unfortunately it seems the Avengers weren't able to prevent the destruction of mutants before. I did like them working with Jean in Red though, and it'd be nice if they interacted in a positive way.
    But can you blame them for all of human kinds ills? Isn't thay racist? And isn't this, again, the mutants making more enemies?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    X-men couldnt too. The avengers saved the earth many times while the X-men werent able to save a tiny island. We can not blame the avengers for being better in their job

This was a solid issue, but the Domino stuff was simply nice action stuff. The real meat was in the issues of trauma over repeated action in hostile territories, and how even resurrection doesn't get around the fact that this immortality could come with a terrible mental burden. Being resurrected and not moments after that knowing that if you don't repeatedly sacrifice yourself you're doing a disservice to mutants abroad. They don't have memories of their deaths, but going through that too many times might make them inured to death, potentially leading to reckless behavior and tactics.

The second part that just makes me shake my head is Beast's actions. I understand trying to use surveillance on enemies to get a jump on potential hostile action, but bugging groups that would gladly help you saving people if you asked? That's how you make enemies. It starts the relationship on a bad, mistrustful foot.

Fantastic Member

Not a fan of the art as much as I was before. And Colossus dying was a huge plot point again relegated to a data page. Absolutely have to stop putting important character moments like that in data pages, especially when the character had last been seen alive and taken to Krakoa. Why did he need to be resurrected if he was out of danger?

Urk. Nice to see Neena and Piotr interacting because they tend to mesh well, but hope they show more than that.

Another solid issue. Excited to learn more about new Domino and it was great to see Colossus again. Beast is really going all in on his spy craft, bad news for the rest of the world.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

BANNED

Oscar obviously didn't make and shouldn't have made everyone as cute as in Mr. & Mrs. X, and I simultaneously miss that and love the art

Piotr&Neena<3

Domino spread wide with the word "doosh" over her head made me chuckle a bit.

Then it about beast loving a handwritten letter made me think of the time he sent a letter to Hope and I chuckled.

Story was on point, per usual. Ben Percy is that dude.

Love this issue. I really like the interaction of Domino and Collossos at the beach and how Percy handled PTSD.
    And Domino doing her best James Bond was so good!

https://twitter.com/Benjamin_Percy/s...541342720?s=19
    According to Percy, Colossus did not die. They made a mistake on this summarisation page.
    Last edited by Gylfie; 02-13-2020 at 12:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by hulkling View Post
    X-men couldnt too. The avengers saved the earth many times while the X-men werent able to save a tiny island. We can not blame the avengers for being better in their job
    It is Avengers jobs to do that, It is not the X-men job. Avengers are like a government sanctioned fire department, The X-men are a voluntary fire department. You don't blame volunteer firefighters for not putting out a fire, They jump in and help when things get bad. Yes the X-men didn't save Genosha either but it is not the X-men job to watch the world and protect it, It something they do but they aren't require to do it which is why they could ignore the Civil War when it was happening. Avenger as an officially sanctioned group they HAVE to do it and when something that big happens on earth and they didn't stop it is their fault. We can absolute blame the Avengers for not doing their job. 16 million people died and they are the official protectors of the world they take blame.

X-men as self proclaim protectors of mutantkind also take blame in a similar way but they don't have the same oversight and resources as the Avengers did until now with Krakoa. Anything bad thing that happens right now in the world to mutants is the X-men fault right now. That is beauty of Krakoa it made mutants all around the world official citizens of country and therefore under the branch of protection of the X-men. Right now X-men are "the Avengers" of mutants

Anyways back on topic, This was a solid book reverse domino feels more like a concept that would be in her solo book.
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 02-13-2020 at 12:28 AM.