There's not a music section on here but Karen and Richard Carpenter certainly made enough TV appearances so I'll post this here. Carpenters: The Singles 1969-1973 was one of the first albums I ever owned as a kid. I loved Karen's voice and their style of music. Karen had a one-of-a-kind voice that has never been matched IMO. This month also marks the 37th anniversary of her death in 1983 at the age of just 32 years old.

I remember laying on my bed listening to the radio and doing homework when the DJ announced that Karen had died. Even as a teenaged boy, I couldn't hold back the tears. When my Mother saw me later on, she could tell that I had been crying and I told her about what I had heard. She understood because she knew I had worn that album out playing it over and over as a kid. She knew how much I loved Karen. I still can't listen to "We've Only Just Begun" or "Superstar" without tearing up a little.

Billboard Magazine published this nice article today commemorating the 50th anniversary of the brother-sister duo hitting the Hot 100 chart for the first time.

https://www.billboard.com/articles/c...-hot-100-debut

Feel free to share your memories of Carpenters.