Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Quote Originally Posted by AdamFTF View Post
    They may or may not be building toward his exit. I do think they may be working toward something built around the theme of belonging and where Shogo belongs. Compare Krakoa to Otherworld. In Krakoa, Shogo is just a non-mutant human child. The only one of his kind on the island. Otherworld, by contrast, turns Shogo into something that belongs there. Both of these contrast to most of the planet Earth where he could fit in reasonably easily if it weren't for the fact he were being raised by a mutant.

I sure hope they don't get rid of him. I know all the arguments against him staying around. But one of the big themes with Jubilee always seemed to be "found family" and nothing really pushes that theme forward more explicitly than Jubilee being an adoptive mom.
    Jubilee becoming a mom made her more relatable than ever imo. When writers used it right, like her appearance in Hellcat or even the Christmas special from last year, it was amazing. All signs I'm seeing are saying they're going to get rid of the kid a la Ash and Primape. He's a glaring example of a mutant with a human connection they can't ignore, so the question of his place on the island has been a thing. Same with Northstar's husband, who I'm also afraid is going to exit. I really, really hope I'm wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Woozie View Post
    Also I'm still not over Cullen just randomly being being evil now.
    It's unfortunate because I like him but I can see the Arena situation having mentally disturbed him. And he is part demon so I can see them saying it started to take over through the mental wounds.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    It's unfortunate because I like him but I can see the Arena situation having mentally disturbed him. And he is part demon so I can see them saying it started to take over through the mental wounds.
    I'm sorry, but I'm not cool with Cullen regressing as a character and becoming evil for the sake of what at most will be a two part filler story in Tini's excalibur of all god damn things.

Quote Originally Posted by Woozie View Post
    I'm sorry, but I'm not cool with Cullen regressing as a character and becoming evil for the sake of what at most will be a two part filler story in Tini's excalibur of all god damn things.
    He seems to have made it pretty far up the ladder and has come into his own, I'll give him that.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Astonishing Member

I have a complaint two of my favourite mutants on the quiet council have no story to offer.This issue brought it home,Exodus has been my favourite X-Men villain and mutant for years and I am glad in Krakoa he seems the most sensible,courteous and generally noble guy every word out of his mouth seems to be carefully weighed and not contemptuous and what not but seriously we have Sinister scheming,Apocalypse well being in the thick of events,Storm is involved,Emma Shaw and Mystique are all huge in the subplots.Exodus is just shown standing in Our world like a librarian.Really I know stories take time to flesh out but at least make him an envoy to the morlocs or some mutants who don't trust Krakoa or at least give him weighty dialogue asking Apocalypse if he thinks this pax Krakoa will last or how he and Apocalypse have seen the mighty fall through the centuries.Let them at least talk about how resurrection is not something they believe in.Show Exodus as an avenue for those of us who are waiting for the shoe to drop and veneer of Krakoa does not fool everyone, but no Exodus has become a prop in this storyline sad indeed!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    Jubilee becoming a mom made her more relatable than ever imo. When writers used it right, like her appearance in Hellcat or even the Christmas special from last year, it was amazing. All signs I'm seeing are saying they're going to get rid of the kid a la Ash and Primape. He's a glaring example of a mutant with a human connection they can't ignore, so the question of his place on the island has been a thing. Same with Northstar's husband, who I'm also afraid is going to exit. I really, really hope I'm wrong.
    It put her in the position of being the responsible one that someone is counting on. the other way to do that is to make her the head of a team and that doesn't seem to pan out all that well (ie New Warriors and Generation X vol. 2).

Also, just in terms of motherhood and the greater Marvel Universe, it's nice to see it happening and in such myriad ways now. I mean, it used to be that if you wanted to see a Marvel super-heroine deal with parenthood, people would be like "Well, there's the Invisible Woman. There you go." And that was it. To which I always kind of wanted to answer "Oh, great. Can we have one that doesn't already seem like June Cleaver". Let's be honest, Sue always seemed to be too much the cliche '50s sitcom mom. But now you look and it's happening in all sorts of different ways. Jubilee is a relatively young mom and an adoptive one. Spider-Woman I is a single mom by choice. Spider-Woman II (current Madame Web) is a divorced mom. Tigra is a single mom by circumstance. Janet van Dyne is Nadia's stepmom. Invisible Woman (sigh) is the usual married mom. That's got to be a good thing. It shows young people that might be reading that families don't always have to fit into a prescribed box. But a section of the fandom is pretty much just waiting (sometimes begging) for stuff like this to be undone. Largely, because of this mixed up idea that parenthood sidelines characters (other way around, actually. Characters fade or fall to the sidelines and then babies come because writers can take more risks with the personal lives of less popular characters). Or because of the sliding timeline (which, I think may be more of a bug than a feature).

Okay, that's my rant. Sorry.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    I have a complaint two of my favourite mutants on the quiet council have no story to offer.This issue brought it home,Exodus has been my favourite X-Men villain and mutant for years [snip]
    I don't think he'd have been put on the Quiet Council if there wasn't some intended story for him. If there wasn't some intention to make him relevant to the affairs of the story, as with Mystique or Magneto, then he'd be shuffled off to a Captain's role like Gorgon, or some lesser or unnamed role like Proteus or Xorn or whomever. I just think we aren't there yet. There are a lot of moving pieces in place, and it's been six months and we *just* got some movements on a story for Mystique (and are still waiting on one for Nightcrawler), two other QC members. Sinister's schemes? Still percolating. Etc.

Exodus, on the other hand, has traditionally been more of a follower than a leader, so I'm interested in seeing whether he gloms on to some other alpha, like Magneto or Sinister, whom he's already glommed, or moves on to Selene or Charles or Apocalypse, or gets radical and makes his own push to step out from the shadows and offer a path of his own. (Kind of hoping for the latter, as it seems more interesting than him being someone else's big-eyed puppy.)

I think the role of Exodus is going to be "Villain who really is loyal to Krakoa".

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    I think the role of Exodus is going to be "Villain who really is loyal to Krakoa".
    I suspect that's the case. Remember he was the one who came up with the idea that Krakoa is sacred. I can see him and Black Tom going down swinging for Krakoa if things get bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Metal Sphere View Post
    I suspect that's the case. Remember he was the one who came up with the idea that Krakoa is sacred. I can see him and Black Tom going down swinging for Krakoa if things get bad.
    Agreed. IIRC, Paris is usually looking for a cause to follow, and this one seems to suit him to a T.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Metal Sphere View Post
    Ooh, that's good. Especially the bit about Black Tom, who seems like he's always lived (resentfully) in Sean's shadow, and now he's finally got a place that's all about him, where he's the one who feels like he's connected and a part of big things, and not just 'so-and-so's cousin.'

I really hate this portrayal of Cullen. He's too old, not broody enough and way too randomly evil.

I feel like the author knows nothing about him and just needed an "insert pompous British character here"

BANNED

I loved this issue. Elizabeth has great chemistry with everyone, whether she goes for a quick one night stand with Wisdom, let Exodus court her like a proper lady or her and Rogue tag team Gambit to help him unclench I love to see it.

Sure Cullen is not very well portrayed but he's an F lister he is lucky to even be there.

Extraordinary Member

Seriously, where did the blond girl come from in the first place? Did Cullen throw some random girl to the warewolves so they could use her skin?