Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
    'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

It was satisfying seeing Betsy fly.

It was satisfying seeing Jamie tire of Betsy's hectoring and reminding her that comparatively speaking, she's a gerbil picking fights with a rottweiller.

Nice reminder that Exodus holds rank over most of the X-men.

Pete Wisdom and Jubilee is the combo I never knew I needed more of.

Cullen turning heel makes perfect sense if you read Avenger's Arena. He hated all the mutant characters there, especially X-23. He may have been pulling a Lena Dunham and hiding actual racism behind hipster racism.

Gambit is right about everything but the way he's behaving makes me unable to care.
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

I'm definitely still enjoying this comic.

It's nice to see more people posting about the fact that Gambit is correct about not trusting Apocalypse, and everyone else in the cast is a fool for trusting Apocalypse. At first in most Excalibur review threads, it seemed as if many readers thought that it was Gambit who was the complete fool for trusting the guy, and Remy was just bitching about nothing.

In this issue we also get to see that Gambit is concerned about being around Apocalypse. I interpret that as Gambit being afraid of Apocalypse regaining some form of control over him.

But, it does seem as if the story Betsy and the others trust of Apocalypse instead of Gambit is starting to wear thin. This story of Gambit being right may need to move a little faster.

I don't know anything about Cullen, so I cant comment on him.

Loved the Jubilee/Pete Wisdom team up.

I don't know much about the Warwolves. Should they be able to shrug off Gambits card attacks?

I've noticed that some of the readers who post here would like to see some introspection from the cast, particularly when it comes to things like why Betsy and Rogue are trusting Apocalypse over Gambit. Would you guys be happy if this comic used more old story telling techniques like thought bubbles or narration boxes? Would that be more to your liking for how this comic is being written?

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Overall, this series is still a bit wonky for me. I love Apocalypse, and this mage/intellectual side is a cool approach, but it's still not working as much as I want it to.
    Kind of where I’m at with it...
    #MagnetoWasRight

It all feels a bit too “lol random!!?!” to me.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    It was satisfying seeing Betsy fly.

It was satisfying seeing Jamie tire of Betsy's hectoring and reminding her that comparatively speaking, she's a gerbil picking fights with a rottweiller.

Nice reminder that Exodus holds rank over most of the X-men.

Pete Wisdom and Jubilee is the combo I never knew I needed more of.

Cullen turning heel makes perfect sense if you read Avenger's Arena. He hated all the mutant characters there, especially X-23. He may have been pulling a Lena Dunham and hiding actual racism behind hipster racism.

Gambit is right about everything but the way he's behaving makes me unable to care.
    X-23 was the only mutant character there. He is the one who hates Arcade most and the x-men are common enemies of Arcade , maybe he blames them for not stop him before he created Muderworld.
    And he is a demon after all

Quote Originally Posted by Thievery View Post
    I'm definitely still enjoying this comic.

It's nice to see more people posting about the fact that Gambit is correct about not trusting Apocalypse, and everyone else in the cast is a fool for trusting Apocalypse. At first in most Excalibur review threads, it seemed as if many readers thought that it was Gambit who was the complete fool for trusting the guy, and Remy was just bitching about nothing.

In this issue we also get to see that Gambit is concerned about being around Apocalypse. I interpret that as Gambit being afraid of Apocalypse regaining some form of control over him.

But, it does seem as if the story Betsy and the others trust of Apocalypse instead of Gambit is starting to wear thin. This story of Gambit being right may need to move a little faster.

I don't know anything about Cullen, so I cant comment on him.

Loved the Jubilee/Pete Wisdom team up.

I don't know much about the Warwolves. Should they be able to shrug off Gambits card attacks?

I've noticed that some of the readers who post here would like to see some introspection from the cast, particularly when it comes to things like why Betsy and Rogue are trusting Apocalypse over Gambit. Would you guys be happy if this comic used more old story telling techniques like thought bubbles or narration boxes? Would that be more to your liking for how this comic is being written?
    While those methods certainly wouldn't hurt, there's no reason more nuance couldn't be accomplished through the actual dialogue alone and the art itself. And for me this has been a continuous weak spot in the book.

For example - Rogue standing there looking surprised and saying, "Oh, c'mon shug." in response to Remy's objection tells me Rogue must be clueless and out of touch with where Remy is coming from. But long time readers know she should not be this oblivious about his point of view as she was there when Deathbit happened. It also makes it seem like they haven't discussed the matter since last issue which is fairly illogical since we know time has passed. Or it makes it seem like the writer doesn't know the history of these two characters very well or how to write a married couple which is baffling.

A better response might have been, "Ah know how ya feel, but it's what the council wants." or "C'mon, shug. Ah know ya hate this, but we agreed." or "C'mon, shug. We agreed ta let it go." or "C'mon, shug. We agreed it's just this one job." etc etc and pair that with a facial expression that is concerned rather than surprised. Yes, it's a subtle difference. But it tells us (a) They have talked about it like we would expect of a married couple and (b) Rogue cares about Remy's feelings on the matter even if she doesn't agree.

I read it and enjoyed it.

I actually like Rictor, Jubilee, Rogue, and Gambit WAY more than Betsy, but this book would be more interesting and feel more cohesive without them.

Cap Britain, Apocalypse, Pete Wisdom, Selene, and Warpath with Jamie, Brian, and Meggan as supporting characters would make better sense and add texture to the mythos. The others just feel like attempts at making this book seem more X-Men.

"The London Zoo had some intelligent and murderous creatures that it sold for lack of budget to an aristocrat who wants to hunt them for fun and hides his racism behind a passive-aggressive layer" is probably the most British thing I've read in a lot.

I don't even mind that Cullen is evil and seems to hate mutants. He's possessed by a demon and had a weird mentorship with Daimonic Hellstrom

I just don't care for how posh he was. In spite of his family name he was more of a skinhead

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    I do like Rogue's new Warwolf Cloak. It could potentially work really well in tandem with her powers

Minor shapeshifting powers when she wears the Cloak?
    Doesn't she already have minor shapeshifting?

Quote Originally Posted by kevinism View Post
    Doesn't she already have minor shapeshifting?
    I meant that with the Warwolf skin she could potentially do the Mystique/Morph thing and impersonate other people after absorbing them

Fantastic Member

I didnt enjoy the use of warwolves here... it's like they were saying "hey look! We're excalibur! We have excalibur things!" I dont think the members of this team have really dealt with them before. And you have an entire data page justifying the hunt by saying they lost their intellect, skin wearing, shapeflshifting, and talking abilities.....only to have them do all that on panel two pages later. Unless the point was to show Apocalypse is wrong/lying.

Mighty Member

Excalibur is slowly turning into War Crimes: The Comic

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hulkling View Post
    X-23 was the only mutant character there. He is the one who hates Arcade most and the x-men are common enemies of Arcade , maybe he blames them for not stop him before he created Muderworld.
    And he is a demon after all
    Meltdown or Hazmat or whatever the young Avenger in the safety suit is called, was a mutant. He also though Apex was one too.
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."