Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Default Is Storm the greatest female hero in Marvel history or just the most popular?

What's the main consensus these days..considering the company pushes for Ms. Marvel and Black Widow?

I think if her film rights belonged to Marvel Studios and she could be part of the Avengers or Guardians of the Galaxy or whatever, she'd be both. They can't play up her importance as much as they could, seeing as how I think she has everything to be the A-list female character that Marvel seems to be lacking. Yes, Black Widow is hugely popular, but Storm would be on another level if MS had the rights.
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

I like Storm and she's iconic. I prefer Rachel but there's no denying that Storm has earned her place among the Greats and is one of the most recognizable X-Characters for a reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Arfguy View Post
    I think if her film rights belonged to Marvel Studios and she could be part of the Avengers or Guardians of the Galaxy or whatever, she'd be both. They can't play up her importance as much as they could, seeing as how I think she has everything to be the A-list female character that Marvel seems to be lacking. Yes, Black Widow is hugely popular, but Storm would be on another level if MS had the rights.
    Pretty much my thoughts.

BANNED

Storm and Black Widow may be playing a tough competition on film exposure but Storm still has more appearances in comics, cartoon series, video games, etc than Black Widow. I could say that as well to Jean Grey and Rogue compared to Black Widow.

Astonishing Member ohsnapulon5000's Avatar

Storm is one free bish, baby, but even she doesn't compare to Lady Moondragon.

Even with the film rights she wouldn't be as popular in the movie world. Halle Berry just can't do that.
    Scarlett Johansson as Black Widow is outstanding on the other hand.
    "This is me being reasonable"

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    Storm and Black Widow may be playing a tough competition on film exposure but Storm still has more appearances in comics, cartoon series, video games, etc than Black Widow. I could say that as well to Jean Grey and Rogue compared to Black Widow.
    It's quality not quantity and at the moment Black Widow is the most popular. It's not even a competition. Hell Gamora probably edges out Storm now.

Teenage Exorcist just another user's Avatar

She's neither, Gracie Branch.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Daithi View Post
    It's quality not quantity and at the moment Black Widow is the most popular. It's not even a competition. Hell Gamora probably edges out Storm now.
    And how does quality relate to widow in terms of the question posed by the op? Storm has been prominent seen not only in three x films soon to be four, but has been featured on multiple games as well in many video games. Black widow is just starting to get her shine whereas storm has been getting hers since the 80s. So u right it isn't a competition and bw loses badly.

And best believe if marvel owned the rights to the xmen she be even more so in the forefront. The xmen unfortunately got the short hand of the stick when the properties were sold to Fox
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 09-06-2014 at 02:00 AM.

Top Class Breeding ;) Mr. Brightside's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by just another user View Post
    She's neither, Gracie Branch.
    Yeah, she is neither. Greatest, obviously no. Jean was better, as is Psylocke. And as for popular, the Avenger push will soon launch Black Widow to number #1, if not there yet.
    CANON: "Cyclops, the most important mutant in 616" - The scientific community of the 616

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Brightside View Post
    Yeah, she is neither. Greatest, obviously no. Jean was better, as is Psylocke. And as for popular, the Avenger push will soon launch Black Widow to number #1, if not there yet.
    Think this is a matter of opinion. Jean is dead (jeen dont count) and psylocke is a b-c lister not on the level of storm as far as popularity which can be measured on exposure via tv film and games. (That last part however isn't subjective)

Top Class Breeding ;) Mr. Brightside's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    Think this is a matter of opinion. Jean is dead (jeen dont count) and psylocke is a b-c lister not on the level of storm as far as popularity which can be measured on exposure via tv film and games. (That last part however isn't subjective)
    I see what you are saying, but in that case, why even ask the first question if it's going to be opinion?
    For fun, I guess lol
    CANON: "Cyclops, the most important mutant in 616" - The scientific community of the 616

Well, Jean showed up even in the teen iron man cartoon, and can you name a game where she isnt ?.

The title says "in Marvel history". Even dead, Jean is still one of the most popular character.
    (And she isn't dead in games or movies...)

Why dismiss Jeen ? Storm was reverted to a child during a whole story arc (right after the X-Men "died". That's when she meet Gambit). Should that be dismissed from the character history too ?