Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

I do like Rogue's new Warwolf Cloak. It could potentially work really well in tandem with her powers

Minor shapeshifting powers when she wears the Cloak?

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    I do like Rogue's new Warwolf Cloak. It could potentially work really well in tandem with her powers

Minor shapeshifting powers when she wears the Cloak?
    I did love the juxtaposition of Betsy telling Gambit the warwolves wear people's skin followed by Rogue literally wearing one of their skins.

Maybe I missed something, but haven’t the Warwolves been seen a couple times since they were put in the zoo? I know they appeared in Claremont’s FF run, but the details are fuzzy.

BANNED

Gambits attitude is starting to get annoying for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Thundershot View Post
    Maybe I missed something, but haven’t the Warwolves been seen a couple times since they were put in the zoo? I know they appeared in Claremont’s FF run, but the details are fuzzy.
    They appeared in Northstar's Nation X story that gave Kyle a first name

Escape artists. No wonder the zoo was glad to be rid of them.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    Gambits attitude is starting to get annoying for me.
    Well, you should stop listening to apocalypse, who is clearly, blantantly manipulating you. Don’t get mad at the messenger pointing out the obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    My issue is that mutant magic sounds exactly like usual magic. It doesn't add anything to it except the fact that mutants are performing it?
    Yeah, I’ve been going back to read the data pages and realized the entire story of mutant magic is happening within them. I think it doesn’t feel any different yet because they haven’t fully used it yet? Every time it’s been very quickly like with Rictor using it to save Gambit, Rogue finishing the ritual, and even then •A• wasn’t fully successful with everything because he needed a fourth person. Maybe after he gets these Warwolf heads and he finishes dissecting Morgan we’ll get a big “mutant magic” moment. Or at least see it doing something different.

I wonder if we’ll see the Summoner from X-Men pop up in this book as well.
    Last edited by Psycwave; 02-12-2020 at 01:17 PM.

BANNED

also interesting that the focus that the quincux that rogue created in issue 5 wasnt a mutant, but the warwolf heads.
    makes sense, they jump betwen dimensions and that was basicaly a conection betwen outherworld and krakoa

Quote Originally Posted by Domino_Dare-Doll View Post
    Attachment 93041
    Also, does it rub anyone else the wrong way that Apocalypse kind of just...invaded Otherworld, in a sense? Colonised?
    Yes it does! But what annoys me the most is that none of the inhabitance of Otherworld have even shown up to voice and opinion. Where is Merlin, King Arthur, Dagda, Oberon etc etc. Nowhere to be seen. A stark change from what happened when the Manchester Gods invaded.

The double shipping (or almost- it’s been three weeks since the last issue) is really showing in the art.

I’m still Team Gambit. Betsy is so trusting of -A- that she’s almost becoming a parody of the well-meaning-but-stupid-posh-person. I understand Pyro being immediately accepted back in, but Apocalypse? Come on now, lads.

I’m sort-of realising through this title that I probably shouldn’t read the original Excalibur run as it triggers my Brit-phobia. One mention of Durham per year is enough for me.

I’m pretty sure Betsy called Jamie a wanker.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by anyajenkins View Post
    Well, you should stop listening to apocalypse, who is clearly, blantantly manipulating you. Don’t get mad at the messenger pointing out the obvious.
    I guess it helps that Apocalypse has actually been gone for a rather long time. He's just not as scary as he used to be, especially when everyone knows he's really just an errand boy for the Celestrials.

But yes, I'm all with Gambit here.

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    Warwolves were created for the purposes of being disposable, so I absolutely do not have a problem with them being killed.
    Correcto. 1010
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Ok so ... a few thoughts.

The first half of this was much better as far as the story flow, the plot, and the dialogue. Jubilee actually got a chance to do something not related to Shogo and show some personality. The humorous beats for Jubilee and Jaime were good. The fact that Cullen Bloodstone loves karaoke is great. I don't even hate the plot of hunting the warwolves.

To Daredoll's point - Yes, it REALLY bothers me that *A* is colonizing Otherworld in the name of Krakoa, has put Jaime in power as his despot, and absolutely nobody seems to care. *A* basically pulls rank on Betsy when she raises her concerns and she totally bows to his authority on the matter like a good soldier. Frustrating. But I can put a pin in that for now, as I'm certain this is not an accident.

Where this issue most fails me is in the second half during the hunt. We are back to beating the dead horse of Gambit being rightly suspicious and skeptical of *A* and everyone being completely dismissive of him. Also as mentioned we get to see him be pretty ineffectual with his powers ... again. And I'm starting to get seriously annoyed with Rictor's complete buy in to *A* plans. Rogue seems to have lost IQ points between this issue and last as her dialogue and accent are awful and she has nothing to say in empathy or support of her husband (not much in keeping with X-Men Monday). As a former leader of an Avengers team who fought Red Skull and was raised by Mystique and Destiny I expect her to be a lot less gullible than this. Also, here we go again with "calling my move" style action which I hate. And Rogue again draining something/someone completely without consequences. This is all just frustrating and not fun to read and didn't give us anything new except Rogue deciding to wear the perfectly formed warwolve skin cape which isn't weird at all I guess.

The art is fine, but I don't love it.

I think Remy needs to defect from this team, that, oh yeah really never was even officially formed or volunteered for anyway, and go join Mystique on taking this whole operation down. Even if she hates his guts, at least he might get treated with some respect.