Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

I feel like Gambit is going to leave Krakoa soon and I don't blame him at all.

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    I feel like Gambit is going to leave Krakoa soon and I don't blame him at all.
    We'll have to see because on Krakoa he's not being ambushed and hunted by humans for sport.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

BANNED

I hate what happened to Cullen. He was like the opposite of the evil decadent gay stereotype.

BANNED

Cullen Bloodstone!

I don't really follow the character.... But last time I saw him was Avengers Arena so seeing him made me happy.

Aw, poor Cullen. Excited to see one of my favorite gay dudes rescued from comic book limbo for like a page before I'm left baffled at what they're doing with him. His presence makes no sense here. Its like they dug through British Marvel characters and picked one at random that wasn't doing anything anywhere else.

I'm with Domino. They've absolutely colonized the Otherworld, and just because The Mutant Formerly Known as Apocalypse claims to have good reason(he probably doesn't) doesn't change that. That everyone except Gambit has any problem with this is baffling.

I agree they're doing the dragon thing to write out Shojo. Either he'll stay a dragon, or stay a dragon and leave. I don't know what the problem is with letting a kid exist in comics, but its a thing. You could just as easily just had Jubilee walk off panel saying she's going to call her babysitter or something. This didn't need to be a problem

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    We'll have to see because on Krakoa he's not being ambushed and hunted by humans for sport.
    How often does Gambit actually get hunted by humans for sport outside of Krakoa?

And let's be honest, they all knew they were going to be hunted for sport when they agreed to this.

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    Ok so ... a few thoughts.

The first half of this was much better as far as the story flow, the plot, and the dialogue. Jubilee actually got a chance to do something not related to Shogo and show some personality. The humorous beats for Jubilee and Jaime were good. The fact that Cullen Bloodstone loves karaoke is great. I don't even hate the plot of hunting the warwolves.

To Daredoll's point - Yes, it REALLY bothers me that *A* is colonizing Otherworld in the name of Krakoa, has put Jaime in power as his despot, and absolutely nobody seems to care. *A* basically pulls rank on Betsy when she raises her concerns and she totally bows to his authority on the matter like a good soldier. Frustrating. But I can put a pin in that for now, as I'm certain this is not an accident.

Where this issue most fails me is in the second half during the hunt. We are back to beating the dead horse of Gambit being rightly suspicious and skeptical of *A* and everyone being completely dismissive of him. Also as mentioned we get to see him be pretty ineffectual with his powers ... again. And I'm starting to get seriously annoyed with Rictor's complete buy in to *A* plans. Rogue seems to have lost IQ points between this issue and last as her dialogue and accent are awful and she has nothing to say in empathy or support of her husband (not much in keeping with X-Men Monday). As a former leader of an Avengers team who fought Red Skull and was raised by Mystique and Destiny I expect her to be a lot less gullible than this. Also, here we go again with "calling my move" style action which I hate. And Rogue again draining something/someone completely without consequences. This is all just frustrating and not fun to read and didn't give us anything new except Rogue deciding to wear the perfectly formed warwolve skin cape which isn't weird at all I guess.

The art is fine, but I don't love it.

I think Remy needs to defect from this team, that, oh yeah really never was even officially formed or volunteered for anyway, and go join Mystique on taking this whole operation down. Even if she hates his guts, at least he might get treated with some respect.
    Gambit is making the role of Jokester of the court. No one takes him seriously when he have the best points.

Don't get me started on Rictor "you have a minute to hear the word of our lord Apocalypse". Dude i sa fanatic for krakoa and Apocalypse.

betsy is doing everything that Apocalypse asks her.

Yeah Apocalypse is colonizing Otherworld and who knows what are his true intentions

Extraordinary Member

For one thing, Apocalypse is a conqueror. He's doing the same thing he's done for thousands of years, conquering places. He likes doing it, it's fun for him.

But he's definitely going to use the mutant magic to get what he wants, which probably has to do with those Horsemen.

BANNED

-Separating Brian from the Sword of Might mightn't resolve the issue so much as separate them from a source of power they might soon need. I was honestly expecting Betsy to take the sword and return the Amulet to her brother. Which may still happen in time.

-It's an important distinction to note that Jamie is King of Avalon, and not the High King of Otherworld. There may still be factions within Otherworld that oppose the new sovereignty- the White Witch for example. It'd have been ironic if Betsy had committed regicide (and fratricide I might add) only for Jamie to return the following day via the resurrection protocols.

-I'm glad to see Exodus, who has been the least represented member of the Quiet Council so far. Of course Apocalypse wants to induct another omega-level mutant into his ranks. My assumption is that he'll join the Coven too. I'd love him to become a regular cast member.

-Art feels like a step-down from To. The face shape and eye shape of the characters seems to vary a lot, looking almost like manga in a couple panels. I realize keeping an artist on a book that's shipping more than once every 4 weeks is difficult, but I personally would rather wait and keep it consistent. Same goes for losing Cassara in X-Force and Reis in New Mutants. Tough acts to follow too

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    I feel immensely vindicated that the grimoire was given to them.
    Rictor: "have you read the grimoire", well cheese crackers and tea, Yes I have, thank you for asking
    I love how much Rictor is into the mutant magic thing. He's rocking the druid fit, and he's Team Apocalypse all the way. I wonder if Ric understands the grimoire because the pages we've had thus far have been puzzling. Whats the bet he starts referencing pages of the grimoire and nobody else knows what hes talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by justanotherclassic View Post
    Knowing Gambit's history with •A•, it makes perfect sense for him to be wary. What doesn't make sense is why Rogue isn't empathetic to that *at all*.
    Yeah I've the same stance on that. Poccy has screwed over the X-Men as an entity countless times, and Remy has even more reason to doubt his motives given his time as a Horseman of Death and the psychological toll that took on him. One would think R&G would converse about this and come to some kind of compromise, rather than Remy sulking and the team, including Rogue, basically implying that he needs to get over it.

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    Cullen seemed off. I know I've been defending Christian Frost on these boards but we didn't need a second one
    Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Yeah, he came off as smarmy posh instead of gothic loner.
    Def a shift in characterization since his Avengers Arena . This Cullen is completely dissimilar. I want to be thankful for more British characters being folded in but this just felt off.

I fully expect Gambit is going to be vindicated after all of this thrashing he's getting from the team every time he brings up reasonable points. Also, I'm in agreement with folks who think Shogo is about to be written out of the book and Jubilee's life.

I mean it’s the only thing he has going for himself in this series.

When shit hits the fan. He’ll definitely be the one to say I told you so.

That’s like the entirety of his character arc for this series.

Complain about everything his team mates are being oblivious to and letting slide and then throwing it in their faces when it goes bad.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    I mean it’s the only thing he has going for himself in this series.

When shit hits the fan. He’ll definitely be the one to say I told you so.

That’s like the entirety of his character arc for this series.

Complain about everything his team mates are being oblivious to and letting slide and then throwing it in their faces when it goes bad.
    I mean, Gambit is the only mutant in all of Marvel who's pointing out this absurdity.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

This Warwolves plot feels like a Doctor Who episode tbh.

Gambit iss right to give them grief for being dragged into another Apocalypse fetch quest.

Just like the previous arc, Betsy is drawn and written as if she suffers from random mood swings.

The hell is Cullen doing?

7/10
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    Ok so ... a few thoughts.

The first half of this was much better as far as the story flow, the plot, and the dialogue. Jubilee actually got a chance to do something not related to Shogo and show some personality. The humorous beats for Jubilee and Jaime were good. The fact that Cullen Bloodstone loves karaoke is great. I don't even hate the plot of hunting the warwolves.

To Daredoll's point - Yes, it REALLY bothers me that *A* is colonizing Otherworld in the name of Krakoa, has put Jaime in power as his despot, and absolutely nobody seems to care. *A* basically pulls rank on Betsy when she raises her concerns and she totally bows to his authority on the matter like a good soldier. Frustrating. But I can put a pin in that for now, as I'm certain this is not an accident.

Where this issue most fails me is in the second half during the hunt. We are back to beating the dead horse of Gambit being rightly suspicious and skeptical of *A* and everyone being completely dismissive of him. Also as mentioned we get to see him be pretty ineffectual with his powers ... again. And I'm starting to get seriously annoyed with Rictor's complete buy in to *A* plans. Rogue seems to have lost IQ points between this issue and last as her dialogue and accent are awful and she has nothing to say in empathy or support of her husband (not much in keeping with X-Men Monday). As a former leader of an Avengers team who fought Red Skull and was raised by Mystique and Destiny I expect her to be a lot less gullible than this. Also, here we go again with "calling my move" style action which I hate. And Rogue again draining something/someone completely without consequences. This is all just frustrating and not fun to read and didn't give us anything new except Rogue deciding to wear the perfectly formed warwolve skin cape which isn't weird at all I guess.

The art is fine, but I don't love it.

I think Remy needs to defect from this team, that, oh yeah really never was even officially formed or volunteered for anyway, and go join Mystique on taking this whole operation down. Even if she hates his guts, at least he might get treated with some respect.
    Rogue has control of hee powers again. she shouldn't have consequences if someone drains completely. We know how selective she is when she is in control. I loved watching her kill Apocalypse and that thing today with her absorption powers is something we knew she could do ... but she hadn't really done it. she is the most powerful of all that group included Apocalypse at least I am not disappointed out there. really technically she has proven to be the most powerful of the X-men and it is a fact. The book does not like the characters act a bit strange and I do not like Rogue this in a book z list .. that's fine for other characters but not for her.

Gambit is not out of character he is like that. only Kelly Tompsom wanted to make it more powerful and still criticized it .. so well deserved it has.

I only hope two things happen.1) Rogue abandon the xmen all the books are being pathetic because of Hickman's premise of driving them crazy fans. and the theme of the resurrections from time to time makes me fed up. I didn't know that most mutants were so easyof killingRogue must help mystique and break Xavier and Magneto's skull. They keep manipulating everyone. and honor Destiny's memory and leave that island of hell.

rogue can technically return with the Avengers. and I would be much better with them. than in any of the horrible mutant free these days.

Let Rogue return when all this crap is finished.

2) Please divorce her from Gambit. He was fans of the couple. but lately Gambit is a bit unbearable for me. and I feel that it is an obstacle for Rogue as a hero .