Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    All-New Member

Default What do you think about Elon Musk?

I saw this inspiring movie about Elon Musk never giving up

What do you think about Elon musk mindset and changes he brought to the world?

I think Elon Musk is a visionary and an innovator.

Extraordinary Member CaptainEurope's Avatar

I think he's a few pins short of a bowling alley. Remember when he accused the hero diver who saved all those kids from the flooded cave a pedophile just for kicks?

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainEurope View Post
    I think he's a few pins short of a bowling alley. Remember when he accused the hero diver who saved all those kids from the flooded cave a pedophile just for kicks?
    I do. Jeez knows how he avoided punitive damages when that came to court, his lawyers must be brilliant.

Quote Originally Posted by Zauriel View Post
    I think Elon Musk is a visionary and an innovator.
    He is actually neither of these things.

I am not allowed to say those types of words.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Astonishing Member

He's been going off the handle this past year or two. I think he's going to end up like Howard Hughes.

Boisterously Confused

Like Jobs, I think him a brilliant promoter, and he may have some gift for seeing what might be possible. I don't believe he has ever designed a single thing, but has driven others to develop innovations based on his idea of what's cool.

I also think he is certain of his ability to will change into being to point that approaches delusional.

Astonishing Member Timothy Hunter's Avatar

Robber baron

Astonishing Member

Sometimes I think he is nuts, sometimes I believe the world needs people like him. An innovator and a visionary, and being nuts comes with the territory.

His cars and rockets are pretty good. But he is full of **** about self driving cars and tunnel hyperloops.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    His cars and rockets are pretty good. But he is full of **** about self driving cars and tunnel hyperloops.
    The robot vehicles are coming, but it will be in cargo transport a long time before personal vehicles. The costs of over-the-road drivers is huge (and well deserved), but the amount of transportation our consumerism requires makes those costs enormous. So, auto-18-wheelers are inevitable, but it requires significant infrastructure revision, which appears to be coming.

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    The robot vehicles are coming, but it will be in cargo transport a long time before personal vehicles. The costs of over-the-road drivers is huge (and well deserved), but the amount of transportation our consumerism requires makes those costs enormous. So, auto-18-wheelers are inevitable, but it requires significant infrastructure revision, which appears to be coming.
    The AI and infrastructure needed is still decades away. Maybe auto driving trains, but I don’t see the political will to spend that much on rail.
    Back to Musk, he has been claiming self driving a year away for 5 years. So he is full of it.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    The AI and infrastructure needed is still decades away. Maybe auto driving trains, but I don’t see the political will to spend that much on rail...
    The tech's closer than you're giving it credit for, and you're grossly underestimating the economic pressures driving it. The AI is less an issue than the infrastructural road markers, and the insurance liability questions.

Next year? No. Five? No bet.

We agree Musk is fulla ****. All salesmen are.

BANNED

Elon Musk did not invent or build the Tesla car. That was by the engineers Eberhard and Tarpenning. He came in very late as an investor and then hijacked the brand.

It boggles my mind that people buy and accept that Musk is some kind of inventor or scientist. What he is, is a businessman who uses media frenzy and a gullible media to build up excitement and interest in fancy futuristic sounding ideas (grounded it must be said on pre-existing ideas and systems so he's not a total flimflam man) while living it large.

His family made money in apartheid South Africa and dodgy investment in mines.