Page 32 of 39 FirstFirst ... 22282930313233343536 ... LastLast

Thread: MLB 2020 Season

the best part about that whole play is that it was predicated by Bellinger DHing that game and thus Taylor had to cover CF. Might be the craziest end to a World Series game in recent memory

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

The Dodgers shrugged off their Keystone Kops ending in game four to beat Tampa 4-2 last night and are now just one win away from their first championship since 1988. Game six is tomorrow night.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    The Dodgers shrugged off their Keystone Kops ending in game four to beat Tampa 4-2 last night and are now just one win away from their first championship since 1988. Game six is tomorrow night.
    I have faith in the Dodgers; faith that no matter how bright and rosy it seems for the team, they can still find a way to lose the big one. Go Rays! Unfortunately, Roberts resisted the urge to use Jansen to close; I was looking forward to having him move up on the all time list of post season blown saves.

Dodgers could take it home. Tampa could force game 7. It’s all on the line tonight!

The Dodgers are sending Gonsolin to the hill tonight. I thought they’d roll with Buehler to seal the deal, but I guess they’re saving him in case there’s a game seven.

Extraordinary Member

The Dodgers are sending Gonsolin to the hill tonight. I thought they’d roll with Buehler to seal the deal, but I guess they’re saving him in case there’s a game seven.
    That's what Roberts says. Though I think by doing so he makes it a lot more likely we'll even have a game seven.

I'd love a Game 7, just so there's one more game of baseball before the Long Dark.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    I'd love a Game 7, just so there's one more game of baseball before the Long Dark.
    With basically another Gonsolin bullpen game, I think you're going to get it. Those don't tend to work out well for the Dodgers.

Rays in 7 would be fun.

Then all eyes will be on TB12 to bring another championship home.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Rays starting it off! 1-0 in the first.

It’s bullpen time for the Dodgers as Gonsolin was pulled with two outs and two Tampa runners on base in the second. See you tomorrow night, folks.

Blake Snell is killing it with 9 K’s through five innings, however, Tampa up only 1-0, so it’s still very much a game.

Extraordinary Member

Blake Snell is killing it with 9 K’s through five innings, however, Tampa up only 1-0, so it’s still very much a game.
    They pulled Snell. But hopefully, it won't matter, and the Dodgers will lose this game. Then the series in game seven. Really, it's the best possible outcome; everyone gets what they want. We want one more game before it all goes dark. The Rays want a Series title. And the Dodgers probably want to comfortably lose again, so they never have to live up to expectations.

Extraordinary Member

Damn! Second and third with one out after a Betts double following a Barnes single, which chased Snell, (bad decision IMO). WP, tied, one all. Dodgers lead 2-1 on a ground ball.
    Last edited by achilles; 10-27-2020 at 07:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    They pulled Snell. But hopefully, it won't matter, and the Dodgers will lose this game. Then the series in game seven. Really, it's the best possible outcome; everyone gets what they want. We want one more game before it all goes dark. The Rays want a Series title. And the Dodgers probably want to comfortably lose again, so they never have to live up to expectations.
    I suspect that move will backfire on the Rays.