Page 8 of 39 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread: MLB 2020 Season

Extraordinary Member

The only question left if when they decide to call it.

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    The only question left if when they decide to call it.
    With a whole team out for one week ... kind of have to now.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    With a whole team out for one week ... kind of have to now.
    But, according to commissioner Rob Manfred (who makes me long for Bud Selig), what happened with the Miami Patient Zeroes DIDN’T qualify as a nightmare for baseball. To quote the esteemed Bugs Bunny, wotta maroon!
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

It’s gonna take more than this to call the season, obviously.

The west coast is fine so far. If other east coast teams don’t end up with outbreaks, they’ll keep it going.

I think it would take a multi team shut down to end the season, honestly.

Just what baseball DIDN'T need during a pandemic, but got anyway....

Benches clear between Astros, Dodgers in 2017 World Series rematch

I'd say what happened last night was as inevitable as the sunrise as baseball players put elephants to shame when it comes to remembering slights (real or imagined) against them. So, in the aftermath of what happened with the Miami Patient Zeroes, how does Rob the Boob handle this mess?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Just what baseball DIDN'T need during a pandemic, but got anyway....

Benches clear between Astros, Dodgers in 2017 World Series rematch

I'd say what happened last night was as inevitable as the sunrise as baseball players put elephants to shame when it comes to remembering slights (real or imagined) against them. So, in the aftermath of what happened with the Miami Patient Zeroes, how does Rob the Boob handle this mess?
    Is it wrong that I sort of wanted a baseball fight, with dirt kicking and lots of people holding other people back?

That said, it was kind of a bad idea in the first place, and now seems doomed. Wait until there's a vaccine; while we may like MLB, we can go without for a year or so if we have to.

Hopefully none of the players from either team located in two gigantic virus hot spots are positive.

It was nice watching an Asterix get plunked and taunted, though.

Cardinals Brewers posteponed after 2 Cardinals pitchers tested positive.
    Team flew together, so probably more positives coming back. Recycled air.

The list of postponed games is kind of crazy. One week in. Went from East Coast, now to Central. Genuinely Surprised nothing has happened on the West yet, given the cities they're playing in.

Poll on when we go to the MLB Post Season thread?

I'll go with September 1.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    Cardinals Brewers posteponed after 2 Cardinals pitchers tested positive.
    Team flew together, so probably more positives coming back. Recycled air.

The list of postponed games is kind of crazy. One week in. Went from East Coast, now to Central. Genuinely Surprised nothing has happened on the West yet, given the cities they're playing in.
    Give it time, the virus will make it to the left coast, it isn't a question of if, but when. Two members of the Phillies staff tested positive yesterday, putting the kibosh on a weekend series against the Blue Jays who, ironically, would've been designated the home team, even though the series was to have been here in Philly since the Jays weren't allowed into Canada. Meanwhile, the Phils, having last played last Sunday will have lost seven games by the time this weekend ends, how in hell that gets made up is anybody's guess. Originally, I was excited about the return of baseball, now, I'm over it, this is a farce that should be shut down until 2021.
    Last edited by WestPhillyPunisher; 07-31-2020 at 11:06 AM.

They will, in theory, play several 7 inning doubleheaders. They approved that today, I believe. Or will shortly.

7. inning. doubleheaders. it's Little League, man.

All that said, I have enjoyed having the Mariners back. They weren't going to be good anyway, so I'm glad they're just letting the young guys go out there and play without any real pressure. It's slightly less of a year of development lost for the kids.

Extraordinary Member

Sigh, 7 inning double headers...oh shoot, we don't have a vomit emoji.

Pick a day they finally bend to reality and cancel the season? I've got...August 3rd. Any others?

Extraordinary Member

Oh yeah, Trout's now on the paternity list, which I didn't know was a thing, anyone else think he might sort of forget to come back? And if he doesn't...then the floodgates open and it's history this year.

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    Oh yeah, Trout's now on the paternity list, which I didn't know was a thing, anyone else think he might sort of forget to come back? And if he doesn't...then the floodgates open and it's history this year.
    Trout would be a fool if he does come back. Between the Miami Patient Zeroes and slowly escalating numbers of teams with positive cases, I’d be surprised if the whole thing isn’t shut down inside of the next couple of weeks.

I was glad to see baseball return. But with so many postponed gamesthe extra innings rule and 7 ining doubleheaders I just stopped caring. I mean I am enjoying watching the games I just don't care about the season anymore. I won't be upset if it gets scrapped.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.