Page 34 of 39 FirstFirst ... 24303132333435363738 ... LastLast

Thread: MLB 2020 Season

Extraordinary Member

MLB is investigating the Turner incident. Evidently MLB security asked Turner to leave when he returned to the celebration, and he refused. The Dodgers evidently assumed he was cleared from a previous day's inconclusive test, and could come back on the field. Who knew what when, and how he got it in the first place...assuming the test isn't a false positive, which it may well be, is something they're going to have to deal with.

And Turner has to face consequences, even if he doesn't have it. He seemingly disobeyed the standing orders, and that has to be punished.
    Last edited by achilles; 10-28-2020 at 03:24 PM.

It’s incredibly stupid that it was even an option for Turner to just help himself to the field.

Wondering if Turner is an anti-masker now, or one who just doesn't buy into the situation. That kind of behavior is consistent with the whole conspiracy way of thinking about the virus. What do you do if you are the Dodgers? My prediction is that they will cover it up by saying the situation was under control and they can't share anything else for "privacy reasons."
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Extraordinary Member

It is worth noting that due to MLB's testing, which has them send tests to a lab in Utah, his test was delayed, meaning he was already spreading whatever he had to spread, (assuming it's a real positive). So...MLB does bear some responsibility for not doing rapid testing, or at least using a local lab, (Texas has basically the best medical care in the world in the Houston area and can do that easily).

That said, I reiterate that Turner needs to be punished in some manner for disobeying MLB's orders. I'd isolate in that case, and so would every one of us; why couldn't he just do the same thing?

It's America.

You don't tell rich white people what to do.

Rich white people tell you what to do.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    It's America.

You don't tell rich white people what to do.

Rich white people tell you what to do.
    In the scheme of things, I'm normal, a nothing to those people. You really think that a LeBron can't tell me what to do as well as a Turner?

Turner knew the rules. Everyone knew the rules of the bubble, it's part of the whole damn setup.

**** this guy. One year unpaid suspension is the only suitable punishment for willfully disobeying the rules.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    Turner knew the rules. Everyone knew the rules of the bubble, it's part of the whole damn setup.

**** this guy. One year unpaid suspension is the only suitable punishment for willfully disobeying the rules.
    Well, let me point out that he's a free agent, and this is bound to effect both his ask, (it will drive it down IMO...would you want a guy who flouts the rule like that), and how many teams will bid on him. He's 35...yeah, he still has most of his skill and physical ability, though he gets injured easier.....and now he's done this. Yeah, MLB better put a formal punishment on him, but above and beyond that, he didn't do himself any favors. Stupid, just stupid.

Who did you vote for ALL MVP?

I went ...

First Base: Freddie Freeman
    Second Base: DJ LeMahieu
    Shortstop: Fernando Tatis Jr.
    Third Base: Manny Machado
    Catcher: Salvador Perez
    Designated Hitter: Marcell Ozuna
    Outfield: Michael Conforto, Kyle Lewis, Juan Soto
    Starting Pitcher: Trevor Bauer, Shane Bieber, Jacob deGrom, Max Fried, Dallas Keuchel
    Relief Pitcher: Brad Hand, Trevor Rosenthal
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

I didn't vote, but if I did, that's a lot of what I'd pick. In the categories I'd feel confident enough to pick someone.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Got an alert from Bleacher Report that the White Sox hired Tony LaRussa as their new manager.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Who did you vote for ALL MVP?

I went ...

Shortstop: Fernando Tatis Jr.
    Catcher: Salvador Perez
    Outfield: Michael Conforto, Kyle Lewis, Juan Soto
    Starting Pitcher: Trevor Bauer, Shane Bieber, Jacob deGrom, Max Fried, Dallas Keuchel
    Relief Pitcher: Brad Hand, Trevor Rosenthal
    Shortstop: Dansby Swanson
    Catcher: Travis d'Arnaud
    Outfield: Ronald Acuña Jr., Juan Soto, Mike Trout
    Relief Pitcher: Liam Hendriks, Trevor Rosenthal

Keep in mind if I weren't an unabashed homer for the Braves I'd absolutely have picked Tatis for SS. I like that we're in lockstep over starting pitchers.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    Shortstop: Dansby Swanson
    Catcher: Travis d'Arnaud
    Outfield: Ronald Acuña Jr., Juan Soto, Mike Trout
    Relief Pitcher: Liam Hendriks, Trevor Rosenthal

Keep in mind if I weren't an unabashed homer for the Braves I'd absolutely have picked Tatis for SS. I like that we're in lockstep over starting pitchers.
    Braves had a lot of talent that deserves it this year.

It is the truth.

I went with Tatis for what he did for the Padres and because he was super kind to my kids in yhe minors and signed their hats, bat, and baseballs. I got a card signed. Happy to see a kid like that succeed.

So my pick was more biased that yours!

The problem with a pick like Dansby Swanson is... who is Dansby Swanson?

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

It looks like AJ Hinch is the frontrunner to land the manager's job in Detroit. I guess that even a cheater can get a second chance.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!