Page 25 of 39 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627282935 ... LastLast

Thread: MLB 2020 Season

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    At some point MLB is going to need to step in and do something about the Marlins, the number of times they've thrown at Acuna over the past three seasons with no consequences other than both teams getting a warning is frankly ridiculous, at least this time it managed to piss the Braves off and bring the offense to life.
    Agreed. Yeah, they don't like that he does well against them, but tough. Throw pitches he can't hit. Don't throw at him. I would suggest that if it happens again, the pitcher and manager get the boot, plus a suspension and fine, large enough and long enough to get the message across.

Dick Williams steps down as The Reds President of Baseball Operations and has left the team.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Braves are the third team in MLB history to throw 3 shutouts in their first four post season games, Ian Anderson continues to looks like a seasoned ace with 5 2/3s shutout innings with 8 Ks and the Bullpen has continued to absolutely dominate. Big test now to see if Kyle Wright can continue his drastic improvements from the later third of the season

As manage to stay alive, here's hoping they win 2 in a row and send the Astros home
    Last edited by Hiromi; 10-07-2020 at 04:34 PM.

Rays win a second in a row pushing the Yankees to an elimination game

C'mon A's. Up 3-0. Now down 5-4

Extraordinary Member

Will no one beat those Astros?!? Well, congrats to the Braves. Facing next I'm guessing the Dodgers, assuming Manny Machado doesn't kill one of them first. Hopefully one of them, or...the Rays...will rid us of that team.

9-4 in the 7th now.

I guess we'll see what happens with the Rays Yankees game.

Yankees win! Game 5 tomorrow for the whole thing.
    Watching television is not an activity.

We’re gonna have no baseball all weekend again, aren’t we?!

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    Yankees win! Game 5 tomorrow for the whole thing.
    And THIS is why the Yanks signed Gerrit Cole to that monster deal as he'll take the hill tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    We’re gonna have no baseball all weekend again, aren’t we?!
    Looks like it. No biggie. Movie watching on Saturday, NFL football on Sunday, so I'll have no problem keeping occupied.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Extraordinary Member

Dodgers vs Braves for the NL Championship. Either Yanks or Rays against the Trashtros. Go whichever!

Hard series to handicap. Dodgers on the one hand might want to lose right then in the NL games, or they might want to wait to lose in the series, so that's hard to tell. And it might be the Braves' year. They too have a monster line-up. Edge to the Dodgers for pitching IMO, but maybe not as much as you'd think. Then there's the question as to who wants it more. The Braves IMO. I've seen the Dodgers not run plays out, and IIRC two of them got called out by Roberts for not hustling. I've not heard that from the Braves, and I don't think guys like Freeman even know how to dial it down from 100 percent.

Rays/Yanks is a good series. Hopefully the winner will step on the Trashtros and take the WS away from them.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Looks like it. No biggie.
    I just don't understand planning out the post season and ending up with no baseball on the weekends, multiple times.

RIP Whitey Ford

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    RIP Whitey Ford
    Yanks are going to win tonight.

They are undefeated in the playoffs when one of their HoFers die.

One of my favorite Yogi Berra stories came from Ken “Hawk” Harrelson and it involves Whitey Ford. He was a rookie for Kansas City making his debut on national television. He said:

“I remember my first at-bat well. Yogi was quite the chatterbox behind the plate I was told. Knowing full well what to expect, I had told my mom to watch the game on NBC at home in Georgia. I was very excited. I strolled up to the plate and Yogi just stared at me. He was quiet. I stepped in the batter’s box as Whitey Ford began his windup.

I felt a tug on my shoe as I swung and looked back at Yogi. Strike one. He was just looking at Whitey the whole time. He didn’t even shift. I shook it off and went back to the plate. Whitey Ford began his windup again and this time I felt dirt go in my shoe as I swung. Strike two. I looked at Yogi again and he was just looking at Whitey. I cleaned the shoe out and went back to the plate. I started to think about my mom watching back in Georgia when I felt something warm on the back of my sock. By the time I realized what had happened, Whitey Ford blew strike three past me.

Yogi had spit on my calf just before Whitey delivered. I was dumbfounded. As I turned, my mouth hanging open, I am sure, Yogi stood up, took his mask off, and got in my face.

‘Welcome to the big leagues, kid.’”

"Yogi commented later that when he went into the dugout, Ford gave him a $20 bill. Yogi bet he could get the kid to strike out on 3 straight pitches."
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

My grandpa loved Whitey Ford. he saw him play several times. But the thing I will remember Ford for is the episode of The Simpsons titled The Twisted World of Marge Simpson. Whitey was knocked out by her home made pretzels. I cant eat a pretzel to this day without thinking of the name bart gave them. Whitey Wackers.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.