Page 19 of 39 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast

Thread: MLB 2020 Season

Reds clinched last night. I am super excited for this. Two weeks ago they 6 games under 500 and a lot of people myself included did not think they had a chance. I am very happy they proved me long.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Speaking of the Reds, that announcer resigned? Retired? and the Reds gave the worst, toothless statement on it. Called him a good man. Yuck.

Anyway, the Mariners long shot chances of making the playoffs came to an end, in pretty Mariners fashion, by being eliminated from both the Division and Wild Card on their day off. Heh.

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    Speaking of the Reds, that announcer resigned? Retired? and the Reds gave the worst, toothless statement on it. Called him a good man. Yuck.

Anyway, the Mariners long shot chances of making the playoffs came to an end, in pretty Mariners fashion, by being eliminated from both the Division and Wild Card on their day off. Heh.
    Yea Thom retired. The Reds gave him a nice statement because of his father and the fact his family has been part of Reds Baseball for the las 50 years. To be honest most fans are not sorry to see him go as he was not as well liked as his father.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    The situation with Realmuto, currently employed by my Phillies is....convoluted to say the least. For starters, Matt Klentak, our dunderhead of a GM chose not to work on a fat new deal for Realmuto, his rationale being that because of COVID-19 restrictions resulting in empty ballparks and, as a result, no income from fans, no one would put up high numbers for free agents in the offseason. Well, rumor has it three teams have shown interest, including both New York clubs, the Mets in particular might be the frontrunner because they have a new owner who paid over 2 billion for the team and could be looking to make a splash, and hurt a division rival at the same time. Then there's the question of the salary cap which the Phils are right up against, and our owner has made no bones about his reticence to incure the luxury tax. Lastly, much as I love Realmuto, he's pushing 30, a potentially worrisome age for a catcher, given the wear and tear at the position, it stands to reason it'll take a five year deal starting at $125 to keep him in red pinstripes, a lot of cash for a guy who could wear out and/or break down on the back end of the deal, the problem is, with our bullpen an absolute shambles (the collective ERA hovers near 8.00) and needing to be rebuilt from the ground up, I fear Realmuto might well be a luxury this team can't afford.
    Yeah I'm not sure our Phils are going to be able to keep Realmuto either. I thought at first he was definitely going to be resigned being that we gave up Sixto Sanchez to get him. This could look like a disaster in a couple of years.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Reds clinched last night. I am super excited for this. Two weeks ago they 6 games under 500 and a lot of people myself included did not think they had a chance. I am very happy they proved me long.
    That's cool man. Glad you're excited. I was excited last week because I thought the Phillies were getting in. Doesn't look too good now.

Extraordinary Member

Oh curses, the Angels were eliminated by the Dodgers! Of course, I thought they'd been eliminated in like the second week...they are so very bad.

M's got a double header today to end the season. Make up games from the A's covid cancellations.

I'll be watching both, but only in the background, sadly. Goodbye Baseball. I will miss you, even if this season was dumb.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mikedesil View Post
    Yeah I'm not sure our Phils are going to be able to keep Realmuto either. I thought at first he was definitely going to be resigned being that we gave up Sixto Sanchez to get him. This could look like a disaster in a couple of years.
    What’s ironic is that Sanchez will be going to the playoffs with the Patient Zeroes, even worse is that the Giants, managed by Gabe Kapler could join them. Meanwhile, one more loss and the Phillies are dead and buried in terms of the playoffs. The villain of the piece has been the horrendous bullpen which blew a major league leading eleven saves, cut that number in half and the Phils could be as high as the fifth seed. Damned frustrating.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

I wish I could've been taking part in this thread but there was no real reason to do so since my Red Sox pretty much sucked from the start.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    I wish I could've been taking part in this thread but there was no real reason to do so since my Red Sox pretty much sucked from the start.
    The Dodgers thank you for your contribution. However, Mookie better get used to getting very close, but never actually getting all the way. That's how the Dodgers roll...

Maybe I should start a "Who do the Dodgers lose to this time, and how quickly?" pool...

I'm not sure if they prefer simply to get blown out, or to go to the limit after leading early, and then lose...
    Last edited by achilles; 09-27-2020 at 06:40 AM.

I was wrong, the M's last game is today. D'oh! Last day of regular season. Soak it in!

Marcell Ozuna may be the best FA signing of the offseason, basically the price of a qualifying offer he now leads the NL with 18 home runs on the year and will probably get some MVP votes

Extraordinary Member

So....all I've got is MBL's ordinary coverage...I guess I'm out of luck for the postseason? Shame, I've still got teams I like in it...

Extraordinary Member

Houston is in, Nats out, Giants out. Brewers in, playing the Dodgers. Angels fired their GM.

The Red Sox fired Ron Roenicke.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.