Page 14 of 39 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast

Thread: MLB 2020 Season

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    On another note The Yankees Mets game have been postponed due to positive tests in the Mets team. So yet another set of games will be put off in what has been a messed up season.
    Ugh. I didn't hear about that.

Quote Originally Posted by mikedesil View Post
    Ugh. I didn't hear about that.
    yea I was bummed. i dont live in New York but I love watching those two teams play. MLB network or Fox has the game on most of the time.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Kingery in particular has been disappointing. I thought that once he was put at just one position (second base) he would excel, instead, he’s regressed, and I don’t know why. Hoskins has also gone downhill since last season, that’s more annoying than anything else. At best, the rotation has only two dependable starters in Nola and Wheeler, Arietta is cooked, Vinnie Velo I don’t trust and the book is still out on Spencer Howard, then there’s the bullpen which is a first class disaster, the fact GM Matt Klentak came north with that collection of mutts should earn him a pink slip, if not now, then certainly after the season ends. Right now, the Phils are barely worth watching, even with Harper, Realmuto and Cutch.
    Welp, your Phils made a deal today to try to address their bullpen, acquiring Red Sox closer Brando Workman and set up man Heath Hembree for a pair of pitching prospects. There was cash and potential players to be named later involved as well, but the core of the deal was that. Hembree's a journeyman, but Workman was a stud closer last year and hasn't blown a save this year, though his numbers aren't up to par with last year (but then all of Boston's pitching staff has been questionable this season. I don't know much about the two pitchers the Sox got, Nick Pivetta and Connor Seabold, to evaluate the deal, but I think Workman is a FA at the end of the season and the Sox are not contenders in this joke of a season, so it's no surprise he got dealt for pitching prospects as bad as their pitching depth has been.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Extraordinary Member

Well, if it wasn't already clear that the National's season was pretty much over bar the crying, it certainly is now. Strasburg needs surgery on his arm for carpal tunnel syndrome. In which case, he's done for the year. At least. They just resigned him for big bucks too...

https://sports.yahoo.com/nationals-s...202151451.html

Quote Originally Posted by MRP View Post
    Welp, your Phils made a deal today to try to address their bullpen, acquiring Red Sox closer Brando Workman and set up man Heath Hembree for a pair of pitching prospects. There was cash and potential players to be named later involved as well, but the core of the deal was that. Hembree's a journeyman, but Workman was a stud closer last year and hasn't blown a save this year, though his numbers aren't up to par with last year (but then all of Boston's pitching staff has been questionable this season. I don't know much about the two pitchers the Sox got, Nick Pivetta and Connor Seabold, to evaluate the deal, but I think Workman is a FA at the end of the season and the Sox are not contenders in this joke of a season, so it's no surprise he got dealt for pitching prospects as bad as their pitching depth has been.

-M
    That's good the Phills got something to try to help the bullpen.

Only thing I can say about Nick Pivetta is he was a major disappointment. Given all the chances in the world to be a starter. Always fell flat. Thought to have good stuff, but just couldn't put it together.

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    Well, if it wasn't already clear that the National's season was pretty much over bar the crying, it certainly is now. Strasburg needs surgery on his arm for carpal tunnel syndrome. In which case, he's done for the year. At least. They just resigned him for big bucks too...

It’s a good year for things like this to happen, if they’re going to happen at all.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    It’s a good year for things like this to happen, if they’re going to happen at all.
    Yeah, I suppose, though I have no idea about the rehab in his case; whether its TJ length, or shorter, and what the outcomes are. Hard to lose a guy like that no matter that you have others.

Yeah, I really have no idea what the rehab is, but I will maintain this is the best season for it to happen.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post

I wonder if the gNats are having buyer’s remorse, giving a big contract to a pitcher who’s been injury prone throughout his career while letting Anthony Rendon walk.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    I wonder if the gNats are having buyer’s remorse, giving a big contract to a pitcher who’s been injury prone throughout his career while letting Anthony Rendon walk.
    How much did they shell out for his extension? In the two hundred million range IIRC? Quite a bit it seems in retrospect...

Reds Counrty is in a mess. Not only is the team underpreforming. But It has been reported that Jim Day the temporary replacement for Thom who was suspended after a gay slur has used the same such slurs off camera and behind the scenes in the past. This was reported by unnamed production crew members.

On the plus side Bauer who I did not like at all last season is pitching tonight. One of the Best ERA in the league he has been freaken lights out this year. Sadly a lot of trade rumors surrounding him.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

I love Bauer. That is all.

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    I love Bauer. That is all.
    I didnt like him at first. last year when he came to the Reds his talent did not justify his attitude. But he did some good things with fundrasing and such in the off season for workers out out by covid. And he is a monster on the field this season. Granted he has only started what three games but I will take it.

He is outspoken, but is rarely wrong.

Sadly he is not doing well tonight giving up 4 runs. Not really mad. Every pitcher has an off night.