Page 15 of 39 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast

Thread: MLB 2020 Season

This season doesn't matter. It's just a long Spring Training.

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    This season doesn't matter. It's just a long Spring Training.
    They would have been better off making this an exhibition season and done something interesting like selecting 10 All Stars (Trout, Betts, Scherzer, etc.) to be team captains and do a fantasy baseball type draft making up 10 teams and then do a round robin tournament played in a bubble location to prevent travel and lower risk of COVID infection. Give fans baseball to watch and generate TV revenue but not make a farce of the integrity of the game and its records that this one is quickly becoming. But the Players Union wanted things like service time etc. and the owners wanted other revenue matters and all put it before common sense, so greed of both players and owners triumphed and this farce is the result.

-M
    Comic fans get the comics their buying habits deserve.

"Opinion is the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding." -Plato

Reds had Bases loaded and no outs. Yet came away from the inning with no runs. I mean Hell the runner Galvis was out at home from a throw from right field! Go watch the replay of his base running if you need a good laugh tonight. I mean even the play by play man Jim Day was like what happened?
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Extraordinary Member

Congrats to that White Sox pitcher, and sorry, I didn't catch his name, just heard a brief report, for throwing the season's first no-hitter.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Reds had Bases loaded and no outs. Yet came away from the inning with no runs. I mean Hell the runner Galvis was out at home from a throw from right field! Go watch the replay of his base running if you need a good laugh tonight. I mean even the play by play man Jim Day was like what happened?
    Yeah that would be extremely frustrating.

Quote Originally Posted by mikedesil View Post
    Yeah that would be extremely frustrating.
    It very much is. but its Cincinnati sports and any fan here who expects anything different is just not paying attention the last 25 years.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

The braves prospect Ian Anderson, a guy I along with a lot of Braves fans have been anticipating for a while finally got make his MLB debut today, and he did it with a bang, taking a no hitter against the Yankees into the sixth inning and finishing the day with only a solo home run allowed hit wise, add to that he completely out dueled Gerrit Cole, and well MLB debuts don't go much better than that

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    The braves prospect Ian Anderson, a guy I along with a lot of Braves fans have been anticipating for a while finally got make his MLB debut today, and he did it with a bang, taking a no hitter against the Yankees into the sixth inning and finishing the day with only a solo home run allowed hit wise, add to that he completely out dueled Gerrit Cole, and well MLB debuts don't go much better than that
    I love players who have great debuts not matter what the team. I am happy for him and for you as a fan!

Mariners and Padres are joining the NBA in not playing tonight.

Brewers and Reds are also not playing. They were the first teams to announce.

Mariners and Padres are joining the NBA in not playing tonight.

Brewers and Reds are also not playing. They were the first teams to announce.
    Brewers announced first. Then Padres. San Fran is talking right now as are the Rockies according to MLB network.

Actually, since you did it, Brewers, Reds stood with them, then Mariners, and Padres standing with them.

Also I said Brewers announced first.

Actually, since you did it, Brewers, Reds stood with them, then Mariners, and Padres standing with them.

Also I said Brewers announced first.
    You did. And I see now that I cant read for **** tonight. But acording to the news here. it was the Brewers who decided not to play and went to the Reds after the fact and The Reds agreed after they saw there was not game any way lol.

Haha it’s all good, man. But yes, Brewers, in solidarity with the Bucks were first.

And this Friday, MLB plans to honor the legacy of Jackie Robinson. We'll see how that goes.
    Watching television is not an activity.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

With a 3-2 Phillies win over Washington last night, manager Joe Girardi notched his 1,000th win.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!