Page 3 of 39 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: MLB 2020 Season

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    The reason it is different is because Baseball had no formalized rules for this type of cheating, and Manfred gave the players immunity if they talked. Every club house had the rule that gambling on baseball meant being banned for life when Rose did it.

I am not saying one is worse than the other.
    Not formalized, but they had been direct that there would be punishments.

Their biggest mistake was giving the players immunity. Now, rather than the player's union looking like the bad guys, the league does. They should've started a mini civil war in the union, that was their best route to solve this issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Theleviathan View Post
    Not formalized, but they had been direct that there would be punishments.

Their biggest mistake was giving the players immunity. Now, rather than the player's union looking like the bad guys, the league does. They should've started a mini civil war in the union, that was their best route to solve this issue.
    Yeah, it doesn't sound like Manfred even tried. But taking the WS will punish those players. They could never claim a championship. It was a mistake not to.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Yeah, it doesn't sound like Manfred even tried. But taking the WS will punish those players. They could never claim a championship. It was a mistake not to.
    Perhaps Manfred was afraid to try because he knew the union would have smacked his ass down hard. And a loss to the Commissioner would’ve been a loss to the owners who pull his strings, and that would’ve been unacceptable.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

By giving in and giving the players immunity The Commissioner pretty much told the players and owners you can do whatever you want at any time and as long as the players union throws a fit when I want to punish you I will just fold faster then Superman on laundry day.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

It may not be real baseball, but I am watching baseball be played on a diamond!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Perhaps Manfred was afraid to try because he knew the union would have smacked his ass down hard. And a loss to the Commissioner would’ve been a loss to the owners who pull his strings, and that would’ve been unacceptable.
    The Union would have no say in vacating the WS. He has said to punish individuals. like suspensions, he would have to deal with the Union.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

So Severino is the first big name casualty of the year with Tommy Johns surgery

And it looks like Aaron Judge might be the second one, Jesus what's going on with the Yankees training and medical staff

Was watching the Mookie at bat on Youtube. Everybody remembers the Buckler miss that won the game. But that passed ball that brought in the tying run was just as crucial.

In Cincinnati said on Wednesday the the opening day parade will be postponed. Dont know if it will be cancelled all together or if they will do it a few weeks after the start of the season. But will most likely be cancelled all together. This is a huge blow for the city as over 100,000 people go to the parade every year and it is a city holiday. The opening day game will most likely be played with out a crowd if it is played at all depending on what MLB does. This is a huge let down as I love baseball and me and my mom watch every game together.

Damn virus.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

At this point, with Opening Day little over two weeks away, it would be foolish to think the season will start on time....if it starts at all.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    At this point, with Opening Day little over two weeks away, it would be foolish to think the season will start on time....if it starts at all.
    I understand that it wont. But it still bums me out. Watching Baseball with my mom has been a big part of my life the last few years. it is just sad that I most likely wont have that this year. And it is a let down for my mom who won the opening day ticket lottery and was able to buy advance tickets. it would have been her first opening day ever.

Mlb is looking at having the season games played at each teams spring training facility. That way the season can go forward but with smaller crowds No decision has been made yet of course but that is one option they are looking at.

The MLB Owners and Comish are meeting even as we speak to talk about what to do about the season. The comish said we will have an answer by days end. Given what is all going on at the sports world I cant see them playing the season. hell I cant see them finishing spring training. I think today is the last day for baseball for awhile.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    The MLB Owners and Comish are meeting even as we speak to talk about what to do about the season. The comish said we will have an answer by days end. Given what is all going on at the sports world I cant see them playing the season. hell I cant see them finishing spring training. I think today is the last day for baseball for awhile.
    Unfortunately, you thought right. OD postponed at least two weeks and the remainder of ST cancelled. Sigh, this would happen when I finally broke down and bought the MLB package...