Page 6 of 39 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: MLB 2020 Season

Players are already contracting it. It's already happening. Every sport that's trying to operate is having cases. Even golf.

So you decide what level of collateral damage is acceptable. The players want to play, they have to decide how much, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    Too bad those states are such a mess. I was into that idea. And it would have really allowed them to bubble the teams more effectively.

But I still don't think they manage to pull off this season, so for me it's pretty irrelevant what set up they're going with.
    I agree with you on the part of no season happening.

I see maybe a week before it's called off.

I see 1-2 games of the NFL after they delay a week or more.

ETC.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

If no or low contact sports are struggling, how in the **** is the NFL going to happen play?! Lol.

NBA had about 20 players test positive as of yesterday.

I get it, but this whole thing is dumb.

Yesterday was technically Opening Day, but today is the day with the big slate of games. So happy Opening Day.

The Yankees Nats game was rained out yesterday. Pictures showed lightning striking behind the stadium. Ominous.

Here in Seattle every New Year's Eve, the city does a fireworks show from the Space Needle. It was cancelled this year because of high winds. That should have been our sign that this year was going to be... off. I hope last night's game isn't a similar portent of things to come.

As much as I love and miss baseball, it's hard to feel like this season, especially with all the travel, is a good idea, or ends well. Fingers crossed for the health and safety of all involved.

It is fun to see the reds in action again. Playing Detroit for the first three games is a gift. I think this short season benefits the reds more then any other team.

Provided they play a whole season that is.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

this new extra innings rule is... interesting so far

Chris Taylor gives us ... THE BUTT SINGLE!

Last edited by BeastieRunner; 07-26-2020 at 05:51 PM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

To be fair Pablo has... ample... region... to hit

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Christ Taylor gives us ... THE BUTT SINGLE!

Someone needs to dub that video with a car crash sound effect when Taylor collides with Panda’s ample ass.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    To be fair Pablo has... ample... region... to hit
    Of all the players to run into, he runs into the one most built like a football player.

Just days into MLB season, COVID-19 is already causing chaos for baseball

Just four days into its attempt to play 66 games over 60 days, there may be cracks in the construct of Major League Baseball’s pandemic plan.

While specifics remain scarce due to privacy concerns, four Miami Marlins vanished from the lineup or active roster between Friday and Sunday, with multiple reports indicating multiple positive tests for the novel coronavirus.

Meanwhile, one day after the Cincinnati Reds announced a positive COVID-19 test for designated hitter Matt Davidson, one of Davidson’s teammates, Mike Moustakas, stayed away from the ballpark Sunday after he woke up feeling ill and another, Nick Senzel, was scratched from the lineup after also reporting he did not feel well.

And now those teams will move on to play new opponents Monday.

UPDATE: It's been reported that as many as 14 Marlins players and coaches tested positive for the virus, and that the hotel here in Philly where the team is staying has been declared a COVID hotspot. The Marlins' charter to Miami was cancelled, as was their home opener tonight against Baltimore. Meanwhile, the Yankees are here for two games starting tonight, if they aren't concerned about being in the same dugout and clubhouse the Marlins just occupied, they're crazy. Suddenly, the Canadian government is looking damn smart for not letting the Blue Jays into the country, especially after this mess. Could the season already be over after just FOUR DAYS?

UPDATE 2: Tonight's Yankees-Phillies game here in Philly was postponed. This **** is unraveling fast!
    Last edited by WestPhillyPunisher; 07-27-2020 at 08:04 AM.

Think MLB will make it one week?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Think MLB will make it one week?
    No, sadly. A shame.

I don't know if I said it on here or not, but I was always highly doubtful they managed to play two weeks of games. 3 days. It took 3 days and it's all falling apart.

(I'm not counting actual opening day, because there was only 2 games.)