Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    None of them did anything at all. Are they not superheroes too. Did they not care for Alfred or Gotham. Yet Bruce deserves a verbal lashing for not being able to do what they couldn’t do either.
    You do remember that it was part of Bruce's plan to abandon Gotham for months right?

Incredible Member

Ok, I hated this. Like holy crap the Batfamily came off like the worst people ever. Goddamn Ric was the most tolerable one. Despite being contradictory with pretty much every thing the crap Nightwing writers have done with him. Not sure why the Bat office is still holding on to something they don’t even seem to follow. Anyway, ya. What the hell. Poor Bruce. Im alone here, or did the Batfamily not come off like a bunch of turds.
    I don't know which books you follow, but Bruce had it coming. The way he treated the family for the last two years has just been awful. And despite all that crap most them still showed up when Bruce called for help.
    I think he needed to hear this. Alfred wasn't just important to Bruce, I don't see why they need to spare his feelings when he rarely does the same for them.

He got his ass kicked. He was defeated. They weren’t even sure if they were going to tell Bruce, as according to them they were goin to help him through it. Yet here they are here twisting the knife.

And this is hardly the first time the Batfamily has used his as a punching bad, yet I’m not seeing what he did to them them that was so bad. He negligent towards Damian, and doesn’t let Jason do whatever he wants in Gotham, but he doesn’t really treat them so poorly.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 02-12-2020 at 12:23 PM.

None of them did anything at all. Are they not superheroes too. Did they not care for Alfred or Gotham. Yet Bruce deserves a verbal lashing for not being able to do what they couldn’t do either.
    They couldn't do anything because Alfred's neck was quite literally on the line and they were apparently waiting on some bullshit orders that Bruce conveyed through punching Tim in the face (Lulz King).

Bruce doesn't deserve the lashing for failing to save Alfred. He deserves it for:

1. Gambling on Alfred's life and his son's by sending Damian out into the city alone. Meanwhile he's having sexy beach time in Paris with the woman who dumped in at the altar. Said dumping somehow being the catalyst that set Bane's whole plan in motion through a series contrived and poorly thought out events.

2. Letting his son carry the weight of those events on his shoulders without so much as a word of comfort (as far as we've seen)

3. Continuously pushing his family away and treating them less like family and more like expendable pawns, even before Alfred died.

This wasn't just about Alfred's death. It wasn't just about Alfred. This was just yet another "last straw". It was the last Jenga piece that sent the whole tower crashing down.

Maybe I'm just too tired of bad writing Bruce to accept an issue of character bashing.

On-top of that...again, I don't think it had a place in this issue. It should be more celebratory or mournful then trying to tear someone down. Why is this always Tynion's go-to with the Batfamily?

It was definitely not the ideal place for everyone to let their feelings out. But I think everyone including Bruce knew it needed to happen, I imagine them all meeting is rare and with no alfred to unite them - who knows when the next oppertunity for them to have this conversation would be.

Incredible Member

Was Selina in this?

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    They couldn't do anything because Alfred's neck was quite literally on the line and they were apparently waiting on some bullshit orders that Bruce conveyed through punching Tim in the face (Lulz King).

Bruce doesn't deserve the lashing for failing to save Alfred. He deserves it for:

1. Gambling on Alfred's life and his son's by sending Damian out into the city alone. Meanwhile he's having sexy beach time in Paris with the woman who dumped in at the altar. Said dumping somehow being the catalyst that set Bane's whole plan in motion through a series contrived and poorly thought out events.

2. Letting his son carry the weight of those events on his shoulders without so much as a word of comfort (as far as we've seen)

3. Continuously pushing his family away and treating them less like family and more like expendable pawns, even before Alfred died.

This wasn't just about Alfred's death. It wasn't just about Alfred. This was just yet another "last straw". It was the last Jenga piece that sent the whole tower crashing down.
    1. Alfred lied to him. He wasn’t having sexy beach parties, well he was, but he was also healing after they kicked his ass rather badly.

2. Since when do any of them give a crap about Damian. Dick has skin in that game, they don’t.

3. They are always yelling at him, so why wouldn’t he push those ones away. But really where is all this pushing away.

This “last straw” is becoming habit with the Bat family, and it’s just cruel.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 02-12-2020 at 01:10 PM.

Wasn't it Damians fault because he didn't listen and went into the city?
    Pulls: Batman, Detective Comics, SiKtC, Catwoman, Nightwing, Titans, Godzilla, Wonder Woman, Batman & Robin, Brave and the Bold, No/One, Kill your Darlings, and Deviant.
    My runs: Batman #230-, and Detective #420-

Quote Originally Posted by SixSpeedSamurai View Post
    Wasn't it Damians fault because he didn't listen and went into the city?
    Alfred told Bruce that he was safe and so he sent Damian into the city. Alfred lied to him, knowing what was going to happen.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 02-12-2020 at 12:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lilyrose View Post
    Was Selina in this?
    In one panel. I'm more upset that Julia wasn't in it.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    Huh, I would've thought someone would've remembered her. It's not like she's been gone that long.

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    I don't think the writers even remember her. Alfred did say in Supersons that he didn't have any kids so at least one of the writers is unaware.

This wasn't the time for them to pile on Bruce or to have this conversation.
    They were hurting and some [Jason] might be feeling guilt for refusing to help during City of Bane. Others might be regretting listening to Bruce [Damian and the rest of the family]

It's difficult to feel sympathy for Bruce when we know he was on to Bane and Thomas before City of Bane happened so could have ended this earlier.

I can only hope that the reason why we got this confrontation is as a lead into Bruce reflecting on his role as a father and the state of his family.
    Last edited by dietrich; 02-12-2020 at 01:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Maybe I'm just too tired of bad writing Bruce to accept an issue of character bashing.

On-top of that...again, I don't think it had a place in this issue. It should be more celebratory or mournful then trying to tear someone down. Why is this always Tynion's go-to with the Batfamily?
    He’s a Tim fan. Wasn’t 90s - 00s Bruce an unbearable prick? Might just be how he sees Bruce’s relationship with the Batfamily.

So now that Alfred's been killed for cheap drama who's next on the list?

Did they ever kill Ace? The dog seems like an easy target.
    Reimagined public domain superheroes in a 1945 that never was!
    Read the superhero webcomic THE POWER OF STARDUST!