Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

ignore this one

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    You shoot a barrage of bullets at someone, you don’t get to play the should have just talked card.
    Break your adopted son's arm, you don't get the sympathy card either.

This should have been about Alfred. The family showed non respect for Alfred having it out with Bruce when they should be honouring Alfred.
    They are all in the wrong. They've had these issues with Bruce for sometime but they said nothing and let it fester now that he's down everyone's suddenly remembers they have issues with Bruce aside from Jason he had issues with him before which was why he told him to f**k off when Bruce signalled for help. However........

Alfred the enabler who never calls Bruce out or actually tried to make moves to get Bruce to behave better. Maybe it's fitting that this all happened when they came to mourn him. He is Bruce's father and he was there when these relationships broke down.

Bruce is who he is in part because of Alfred and the family is how it is because of Alfred. The emotions he kept at bay all came flooding out.

Jason was firing at Bruce after breaking a promise so all bets are off. Jason is a grown man and Bruce believed he had just killed so he handled him like a bad guy much like when a 13yr old attacked Jason and he handled him like a bad guy because said 13yr was skilled in deadly acts. Bad guys have to be taken down. People who are a physically assaulting you have to be taken down.

I called BS on the whole Tim punch being a form of communication but when I think about it the family's go to is violence especially Bruce, Jason and Damian. Those 3 have at some point attacked and in some cases [Jason and Damian] tried to kill others family members. Mostly Tim.
    Last edited by Fergus; 02-13-2020 at 12:55 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    Jason was firing at Bruce after breaking a promise so all bets are off. Jason is a grown man and Bruce believed he had just killed so he handled him like a bad guy much like when a 13yr old attacked Jason and he handled him like a bad guy because said 13yr was skilled in deadly acts. Bad guys have to be taken down. People who are a physically assaulting you have to be taken down.
    Jason was at least holding back against Damian and was iirc mostly just defending himself until Damian tried to use this box against him, and we have still no idea what was in that box.

Bruce directly attacked Jason without giving him any time to explain him self.

yall do realize the point of Bruce beating on Jason, and even Jason's existence as Red Hood, was to emphasize that Bruce's character flaws and how his refusal to see certain shades of grey is a bad thing, right? Jason didn't just up and try to murder Penguin on a whim, the guy took his father from him and in turn set his whole life down a dark path; I'd have blasted him too!

the whole point of this issue is to make you truly FEEL Alfred's absence. without Alfred as a crutch Bruce has to finally address how he's been failing those around him, and it's not like Alfred never understood how flawed or broken Bruce is or has been despite the great man he believed Bruce could be. wakes are messy, death makes people emotional, with the way Bruce has been acting and the fact that a superhuman luchador murdered Alfred, anything less than the bubbling over of emotions like what happened would ring false considering everything ALL of these characters have gone. "Alfred wouldn't want this" well Alfred also didn't want Bruce doing a lot of the things he's done (keep it a bean, he also wouldn't want to be murdered either) but what he would want is for the people who closest to Bruce to speak truth to him and for him to grow into someone better; if this is the first step then so be it. this needed to happened because Bruce built a family, took them for granted and got his father figure killed, the important thing is that he starts to live up to what Alfred wanted him to be going forward.
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 02-13-2020 at 02:31 AM.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Every year I grow more and more certain all this abuse directed towards Bruce is gonna hit a break point. This issue was pretty bad for the Family and now that Alfred is dead stuff like this is just gonna get worse and worse.

Bruce should just go off with Selina and leave all of their drama behind none of these people care about him at all

Quote Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post
    Every year I grow more and more certain all this abuse directed towards Bruce is gonna hit a break point. This issue was pretty bad for the Family and now that Alfred is dead stuff like this is just gonna get worse and worse.

Bruce should just go off with Selina and leave all of their drama behind none of these people care about him at all
    if you truly think that, then you REALLY haven't been paying attention to anything that's happened over the past few years; like at all.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Read the spoilers, still not gonna buy the book, because while I appreciate the family calling him out, it's still a conclusion they have to draw out because of the inconsistent depiction of Batman.

I'm not coming back until there's enough consistency in DC Comics that we don't have to conclude that Bruce is a disastrous man child that's neglectful and abusive of his children instead of the hero he's supposed to be, the hero that once my childhood favorite in Golden, Silver, Bronze Age, Batman 66, Burton/Schumacher movies and BTAS.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

I legit forget Alfred dying was a real thing, the last few issues of King's run were real rough reading.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Batman hasn't been written well in his main book for a while, so I take most of these criticisms from other characters real lightly.

The fact that Bruce is barely a father to Damian is 100% a fault of creative teams, that is not at all how Batman would be. The dude would want to be the best dad. The whole thing with Jason shouldn't even be in continuity anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    Batman hasn't been written well in his main book for a while, so I take most of these criticisms from other characters real lightly.

The fact that Bruce is barely a father to Damian is 100% a fault of creative teams, that is not at all how Batman would be. The dude would want to be the best dad. The whole thing with Jason shouldn't even be in continuity anymore.
    Bruce was an horrible human being for most of King's run. And even in the current Tynion run, he's hardly better.

Honestly, the only books where he doesn't come out as a total ******* are 'Tec (when with Damian) and Batman and the Outsiders. It's pretty hard to miss how despicable he has been in recent years in any other books.

Oh my god, the bots are taking over threads now?

Mighty Member

One of the worst decisions DC made with Batman was making Damian his son. That relationship is only used to make Batman look bad. All the crap Damian does is laid at Bruce's feet, its his fault that the kid is an ass, he's a bad father because he doesn't devote all his time to Damian. How I wish that Slade or some other mook was Damian's father instead of saddling Bruce with that burden. And as far as the wider family, Bruce seriously needs to cut them loose and move on. Get back to his mission and move forward.

As far as I remember, Damian is the one who got killed and then has to deal with the trauma of Alfred being killed in front of him. Not Bruce.

How could anyone root for Bruce over the family here is beyond me. The current one (since Rebirth) doesn't deserve to be Batman, since he is an all around horrible person, who clearly only cares about Selina.