Page 44 of 60 FirstFirst ... 3440414243444546474854 ... LastLast

https://www.dccomics.com/events
    Two Death Metal panels this weekend:
    Friday, 10/9/2020

DC In Conversation: Scott Snyder and James Tynion IV
    Panelists: Scott Snyder, James Tynion IV
    Scott Snyder and James Tynion IV – Comics’ biggest superstars in conversation, talking about their current DC megahit projects, DARK NIGHTS: DEATH METAL, BATMAN, PUNCHLINE, and more. You don’t want to miss this one!
    NYCC Metaverse YouTube channel

Saturday, 10/10/2020

DC Dark Nights: Death Metal Match Up!
    Talent: Amanda Conner, Francis Manapul, Mags Visaggio, Mark Waid
    It’s the event of the year with your favorite DC DEATH METAL writers and artists in this one-of-a-kind game matchup panel format! Expect the unexpected! Guest talent includes Amanda Conner, Francis Manapul, Mags Visaggio and Mark Waid!
    NYCC Metaverse YouTube channel

Mighty Member

What do you think of the Justice League issue

Quote Originally Posted by fin5 View Post
    What do you think of the Justice League issue
    I’m glad that Nightwing got to see Cyborg and Starfire again, probably my favorite part. I’m also kind of glad that it appears they went looking for detective chimp instead of just running into him randomly.

Beyond that I feel it continues the journey along well enough, I feel like I’ll have a full thoughts on it once it’s all said and done.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Snyder has reiterated that Death Metal is outselling Metal which is impressive. I wonder if it’s outsold Infinite Crisis? That would make it DC’s best selling event of all time.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Snyder has reiterated that Death Metal is outselling Metal which is impressive. I wonder if it’s outsold Infinite Crisis? That would make it DC’s best selling event of all time.
    Sounds like a nice way to cap off Snyder's tenure with mainstream DC .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Sounds like a nice way to cap off Snyder's tenure with mainstream DC .
    Which is impressive because of the Number of Series, the Quality of those Series, and releasing on Tuesday sure doesn't have an impact on those numbers.....sorry, but comparing number sold says next to nothing. There are FAR more Comic Readers NOW than there were 15 years ago.
    Hell, they have reached Millions of New Fans thanks to Digital Sales. Something that was not being exploited as it could have been 15 years ago.
    If you are going to refute, you need to do your own research.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    I...Hasslehoff !?

Scott Snyder playing Robin King is hilarious. Of course he’s the evil Batbaby lol.

spoilers:
    So BWL’s literally just went “you fools this was all according to keikaku” huh? Alright at this point I am fully turning my brain off and just enjoying the ride. I can’t wait for The Last 52 that looks like it’s going to be great.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Scott Snyder playing Robin King is hilarious. Of course he’s the evil Batbaby lol.

spoilers:
    So BWL’s literally just went “you fools this was all according to keikaku” huh? Alright at this point I am fully turning my brain off and just enjoying the ride. I can’t wait for The Last 52 that looks like it’s going to be great.
    end of spoilers
    I mean that is legit what I do, I view it as kind of an absurdist comedy and it works for me. Not to mention I am getting to see cool moments like the return of the JSA or Wally's big issue in Speed Metal. So its just whacky with characters and elements I enjoy.

I will say this its surprising how many villains are impacting this story event in big way, first Owlman and now Superboy Prime. We haven't even gotten to what Lobo is up to, so that should be interesting.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Incredible Member blunt_eastwood's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ShinySephiroth View Post
    Well, I feel dumb, haha. Don't know what I was thinking.

I think I read an interview that they were planning on having an explanation on how DD would fold into main continuity. Of course, that could just mean post "anti-crisis" that those events are retconned into the history of whatever Earth 0 is.
    If you're talking about the interview I'm thinking of, Synder said that Death Metal would explain the timeline of events, so given what we're seeing, DC happened before Death Metal.
    Last edited by blunt_eastwood; 10-14-2020 at 01:11 PM.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

This whole book is like an eager to please puppy running around in circles as fast as it can after huffing paint in the garage.

I love it.

Incredible Member blunt_eastwood's Avatar

How come no one is discussing issue #4? Or did I miss it?

Quote Originally Posted by blunt_eastwood View Post
    How come no one is discussing issue #4? Or did I miss it?
    Probably because the whole thing was just “you fools thought you had me beat but losing was actually my plan!” with BWL. What’s coming next looks interesting but if you hate the BWLs this issue will do nothing for you.

Honestly its mainly that I just hadn't yet but also because this issue is kind of an odd thing to discuss on its own. See issue 4 is not only the next issue of Death Metal, its also follow up to the three one-shots (mainly Trinity Crisis and Speed Metal) so whether people can follow up on that remains to be seen. Its hard for me to tell because I read those one-shots but I do not know about someone who didn't, because some of what happens here is really tied into what happened in those one-shots (stuff like the mobius chair, the three crisis worlds, and robin king). So I think it might actually lose review points in that you might need to have read those series, they recap but its hard to say if that is enough.

But I will talk briefly on my thoughts, but its a fairly straight forward issue.
    spoilers:
    So Superboy Prime (the main universe version, do not be confused on that point, is a big part of this issue and it makes sense. Because unlike Mobius/Anti-monitor and Darkseid, he is not a monster like they are. He doesn't want to destroy all life or control all life, he wants his own misguided ideal world. In its in that way it makes sense that Wonder Woman can convince him to help and once again punch reality to save Batman and Superman.

However I think its in that the heroes get duped. Darkest Knight/BWL's tricked them and rigged the chair, so he is now even more powerful and is going to create his own multiverse with the power of Doctor Manhattan within him. The other downside though is apparently his fight with Perpetua is going to be in another one-shot Rise of a New god.
    end of spoilers

I'll be honest I like this series, I am enjoying the ride I am on and I like Snyder and Capullo, but I am starting to become a bit concerned here with the necessity of these one-shots. Like a lot of things that led to this issue were in those one-shots and Nov and Dec are going to have one-shots tying into this series, so which ones are just one-offs and which ones are in furtherance of the story is something I think we are going to need to be on the lookout for.
    Words to live by.