Page 9 of 60 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Witch View Post
    No dude, it's a guide for what's coming out this summer/fall
    Maybe but when it says what it's a sequel to, it's wrong ! it's not a direct sequel to Dark Nights: Metal, there are other events leading to it !

Scott Snyder had an interview with Word Balloon, and in typical Snyder fashion, spilled the beans on a lot of details for what’s coming up. Read at your own peril:
    spoilers:
    Big thanks to u/Dioniseum (Stars & ( ��. ��. ��. ��. �� .) on Discord) for providing this summary! There will be Death Metal spoilers up ahead!

• ⁠Plans for Kamandi in Death Metal. May be cut out if there’s not enough room.
    • ⁠Snyder has a project after Death Metal that is “significantly less event-oriented in scope, but should get people excited”
    • ⁠“Valley of the Fallen Rings” in this remade earth.
    • ⁠Most heroes are imprisoned in New Apokolips. Guarded by a New God-like Batman.
    • ⁠Daniel Warren Johnson on the Monster Truck Batman story.
    • ⁠Becky Cloonan is on Aquaman’s story in the Guidebook.
    • ⁠The heroes enter the Dark Multiverse, gather the “disruptive energy” (wasn’t described that well) from past-Crisis events, come back to the current timeline to “disrupt” this version of events that let the BWL take over earth.
    • ⁠No time travel, but rather each Crisis is visited through the Dark Multiverse, so there’s a twist to each of them.
    • ⁠Death Metal will tie into the mainline JL, JLD, and JLO books come November/December.
    • ⁠Trinity Crisis is very important. In the vein of Batman: Lost and Hawkman: Found.
    • ⁠Black Racer/Red Death are in Speed Metal.
    • ⁠John Stewart and Guy Gardner are the leads for Multiverse’s End.
    • ⁠Only 8 planets are left in the multiverse by the start of M.E. Multiversity concepts are back in force.
    • ⁠October just has DEATH METAL #4.
    • ⁠Tie-ins for mainline books will be kept to a minimum to keep stories going, but there will be some.
    • ⁠“Big Consequences” for DM.
    • ⁠Death Metal was never supposed to end and immediately spring another big “event” forward. The “5G plan” was left as an “option” through the ending of DM. The book has things to say on the topic of continuity, but Snyder says it’s ultimately up to what the higher-ups want.
    • ⁠Snyder WAS at odds with editorial over Death Metal before. They were trying to force things into his vision for the book that neither him nor Capullo wanted.
    • ⁠There were points when Snyder was kept out of the loop entirely & Death Metal was treated as inconsequential.
    • ⁠Plans outside of Death Metal have “evolved a lot.” Snyder is now a bigger part of the conversation in regards to what comes after.
    • ⁠5G was more of a “singular vision”, while the new plan has a much wider scope when it comes to the input of people working across the line.
    • ⁠Snyder is very much in favor of upcoming editorial initiatives. Praises the direction the line will be going in post-DM. He still supported the original plans, but was very skeptical of them at the same time.
    • ⁠Bruce’s bike is made from a Joker Dragon.
    • ⁠Jonah Hex is “raised from the dead” as Bruce’s lieutenant for his army of the dead.
    • ⁠Dr. Arkham - What if Bruce Wayne ran Arkham and was a crazy person! Harley’s Hyena eats him.
    • ⁠“Nuclear Wasteland” - a sector in the south that was destroyed when Captain Atom was blown up by the BWL. Harley gets her mutant Hyena from there.
    • ⁠The Dark Knights from the first METAL are somehow back! They’re being kept in a bunker of some kind.
    • ⁠The Grim Knight comes back.
    • ⁠There’s a Batman/Atom hybrid. The opening page of #2 is an homage to the opening of the first METAL with the lizard. This Atom-Batman is wearing a Lizard over his suit as a disguise. Gets run over by the Monster Truck Batman.
    • ⁠Sgt. Rock narrates the whole series. You catch up to him in #5 and find out why he’s narrating.
    • ⁠Batman is in a state of hopelessness at the start of the book. What happened to him is revealed later. Wonder Woman is the one to rally everyone together to give them the hope that things CAN be changed back to how they were.
    • ⁠“Cosmic forces uncovered through Doomsday Clock” are key components in fixing the world(s).
    • ⁠Snyder wants to incorporate elements of the first METAL, but still keep things fresh.
    • ⁠The Dark Multiverse was designed to give life to “What If” and “Elseworlds” stories again.
    • ⁠Death Metal will expand upon the concept with MORE characters getting Dark Multiverse counterparts, and alternate versions of Crisis events becoming essential to the story.
    • ⁠Hope/Optimism is the driving force for the book.
    • ⁠Jonathan Hickman is Snyder’s inspiration in creating a “long-form story” being told over multiple years.
    • ⁠Snyder had Penguin and Scarecrow stories he wanted to do with Batman.
    • ⁠Snyder pokes fun at the huge push for the BWL since the end of the first METAL. “I know, I know, you’re sick of me!” are his first lines to the heroes in #1.
    • ⁠Snyder’s Nightwing has been pitched (with a high likelihood of it happening). Black Label. A mystery story that focuses on how different he is as a detective compared to Bruce, and how he’s also a better one in certain ways. “The most empathetic character in the family”. Shows his days as Robin, but shows the “possibilities” of where he could go later in life. The villain “is not a classic one”. Members of the bat-family pop up a few times.
    • ⁠The next vol. Of American Vampire is around ten issues. Coming out this year. Jumps to the present day after this volume.
    • ⁠Zero Year was primarily written for Snyder’s kids.
    • ⁠The JSA appears in Death Metal, but doesn’t have a big role.
    • ⁠Death Metal DOES threads from Snyder’s JL run, but those same threads will also be explored in the JL ongoing.
    • ⁠Martian Manhunter appears in Death Metal, but he’ll spend the most time in the JL tie-in issues & the Multiverse’s End one-shot.
    • ⁠Snyder wants to do a Hulk book with Capullo in the future.
    • ⁠Captain America and Wolverine are the two other characters he’d want to write for Marvel.
    • ⁠Snyder has more plans for Duke Thomas (and potentially Harper Row)
    end of spoilers

Metal lost me as a fan and was instrumental in dropping my pull list. It may have been the final tipping point into Crisis/Event Fatigue.

Perhaps we'll learn what happens after Death Metal here?

https://batman-news.com/2020/06/12/w...fandome-event/

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Another interview and a new preview: https://www.comicsbeat.com/interview...metal-preview/

Snyder again says the landscape at DC chaged and allowed him to expand the event and also set up things happening after the event. He'll still be apart of the DC landscape after Death Metal ends, but he wants other creators to get the chance to tell big stories.

Last edited by DragonPiece; 06-15-2020 at 10:46 AM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Another interview and a new preview: https://www.comicsbeat.com/interview...metal-preview/

Snyder again says the landscape at DC chaged and allowed him to expand the event and also set up things happening after the event. He'll still be apart of the DC landscape after Death Metal ends, but he wants other creators to get the chance to tell big stories.

https://batman-news.com/2020/06/12/w...fandome-event/
    A event that last 24 hours that's supposed to contain that much news seems odd right? I feel like comic news may get drowned if they are announcing games and movies news also. They should spread it out into a weekend.
    Don't know if its just me but the second link isn't working for me...

DC fans instead of buying this junk should buy more comics like HAWKMAN!
    Hawkman is the DC series, more DC, of the moment!
    With Shayera Atom and Adam Strange as guests! Great comic!
    I don't feel like reading about Dark Multiverses of Batmen or seeing Wonder Woman with a chainsaw!

HWKM-Cv24.jpg

I was waiting for GENERETIONS, I have been waiting for a new History of the DC Universe years ago, for me that was the launch of the year. It's unfortunate how the DC fan has only Batman in his head. For when the new JSA? Give Geoff Johns a new opportunity with the League with Hal Jordan, Ray Palmer, Hawkman, Red Tornado and the entire JLA of Satellite Era, that would be something that would excite me SO MUCH!

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by EmaHalJordan View Post
    DC fans instead of buying this junk should buy more comics like HAWKMAN!
    Hawkman is the DC series, more DC, of the moment!
    With Shayera Atom and Adam Strange as guests! Great comic!
    I don't feel like reading about Dark Multiverses of Batmen or seeing Wonder Woman with a chainsaw!
    Or we could all read what want? This thread is about death metal, not hawkman.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Scott Snyder had an interview with Word Balloon, and in typical Snyder fashion, spilled the beans on a lot of details for what’s coming up. Read at your own peril:
    spoilers:
    Big thanks to u/Dioniseum (Stars & ( ��. ��. ��. ��. �� .) on Discord) for providing this summary! There will be Death Metal spoilers up ahead!

• ⁠Plans for Kamandi in Death Metal. May be cut out if there’s not enough room.
    • ⁠Snyder has a project after Death Metal that is “significantly less event-oriented in scope, but should get people excited”
    • ⁠“Valley of the Fallen Rings” in this remade earth.
    • ⁠Most heroes are imprisoned in New Apokolips. Guarded by a New God-like Batman.
    • ⁠Daniel Warren Johnson on the Monster Truck Batman story.
    • ⁠Becky Cloonan is on Aquaman’s story in the Guidebook.
    • ⁠The heroes enter the Dark Multiverse, gather the “disruptive energy” (wasn’t described that well) from past-Crisis events, come back to the current timeline to “disrupt” this version of events that let the BWL take over earth.
    • ⁠No time travel, but rather each Crisis is visited through the Dark Multiverse, so there’s a twist to each of them.
    • ⁠Death Metal will tie into the mainline JL, JLD, and JLO books come November/December.
    • ⁠Trinity Crisis is very important. In the vein of Batman: Lost and Hawkman: Found.
    • ⁠Black Racer/Red Death are in Speed Metal.
    • ⁠John Stewart and Guy Gardner are the leads for Multiverse’s End.
    • ⁠Only 8 planets are left in the multiverse by the start of M.E. Multiversity concepts are back in force.
    • ⁠October just has DEATH METAL #4.
    • ⁠Tie-ins for mainline books will be kept to a minimum to keep stories going, but there will be some.
    • ⁠“Big Consequences” for DM.
    • ⁠Death Metal was never supposed to end and immediately spring another big “event” forward. The “5G plan” was left as an “option” through the ending of DM. The book has things to say on the topic of continuity, but Snyder says it’s ultimately up to what the higher-ups want.
    • ⁠Snyder WAS at odds with editorial over Death Metal before. They were trying to force things into his vision for the book that neither him nor Capullo wanted.
    • ⁠There were points when Snyder was kept out of the loop entirely & Death Metal was treated as inconsequential.
    • ⁠Plans outside of Death Metal have “evolved a lot.” Snyder is now a bigger part of the conversation in regards to what comes after.
    • ⁠5G was more of a “singular vision”, while the new plan has a much wider scope when it comes to the input of people working across the line.
    • ⁠Snyder is very much in favor of upcoming editorial initiatives. Praises the direction the line will be going in post-DM. He still supported the original plans, but was very skeptical of them at the same time.
    • ⁠Bruce’s bike is made from a Joker Dragon.
    • ⁠Jonah Hex is “raised from the dead” as Bruce’s lieutenant for his army of the dead.
    • ⁠Dr. Arkham - What if Bruce Wayne ran Arkham and was a crazy person! Harley’s Hyena eats him.
    • ⁠“Nuclear Wasteland” - a sector in the south that was destroyed when Captain Atom was blown up by the BWL. Harley gets her mutant Hyena from there.
    • ⁠The Dark Knights from the first METAL are somehow back! They’re being kept in a bunker of some kind.
    • ⁠The Grim Knight comes back.
    • ⁠There’s a Batman/Atom hybrid. The opening page of #2 is an homage to the opening of the first METAL with the lizard. This Atom-Batman is wearing a Lizard over his suit as a disguise. Gets run over by the Monster Truck Batman.
    • ⁠Sgt. Rock narrates the whole series. You catch up to him in #5 and find out why he’s narrating.
    • ⁠Batman is in a state of hopelessness at the start of the book. What happened to him is revealed later. Wonder Woman is the one to rally everyone together to give them the hope that things CAN be changed back to how they were.
    • ⁠“Cosmic forces uncovered through Doomsday Clock” are key components in fixing the world(s).
    • ⁠Snyder wants to incorporate elements of the first METAL, but still keep things fresh.
    • ⁠The Dark Multiverse was designed to give life to “What If” and “Elseworlds” stories again.
    • ⁠Death Metal will expand upon the concept with MORE characters getting Dark Multiverse counterparts, and alternate versions of Crisis events becoming essential to the story.
    • ⁠Hope/Optimism is the driving force for the book.
    • ⁠Jonathan Hickman is Snyder’s inspiration in creating a “long-form story” being told over multiple years.
    • ⁠Snyder had Penguin and Scarecrow stories he wanted to do with Batman.
    • ⁠Snyder pokes fun at the huge push for the BWL since the end of the first METAL. “I know, I know, you’re sick of me!” are his first lines to the heroes in #1.
    • ⁠Snyder’s Nightwing has been pitched (with a high likelihood of it happening). Black Label. A mystery story that focuses on how different he is as a detective compared to Bruce, and how he’s also a better one in certain ways. “The most empathetic character in the family”. Shows his days as Robin, but shows the “possibilities” of where he could go later in life. The villain “is not a classic one”. Members of the bat-family pop up a few times.
    • ⁠The next vol. Of American Vampire is around ten issues. Coming out this year. Jumps to the present day after this volume.
    • ⁠Zero Year was primarily written for Snyder’s kids.
    • ⁠The JSA appears in Death Metal, but doesn’t have a big role.
    • ⁠Death Metal DOES threads from Snyder’s JL run, but those same threads will also be explored in the JL ongoing.
    • ⁠Martian Manhunter appears in Death Metal, but he’ll spend the most time in the JL tie-in issues & the Multiverse’s End one-shot.
    • ⁠Snyder wants to do a Hulk book with Capullo in the future.
    • ⁠Captain America and Wolverine are the two other characters he’d want to write for Marvel.
    • ⁠Snyder has more plans for Duke Thomas (and potentially Harper Row)
    end of spoilers
    Probably the most interesting points, for me, are the reveals about 5G or what was planned for 5G.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Or we could all read what want? This thread is about death metal, not hawkman.
    I know. I only express my anger at the general taste. We would have a better and more familiar DC Universe.
    I mentioned Hawkman because he is going through a great stage and it comes out the same week as Death Metal. And I find it unfortunate that he sells less.
    (If my English sounds strange, it is because I speak Spanish!)

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Probably the most interesting points, for me, are the reveals about 5G or what was planned for 5G.
    At this point, it's pretty clear BleedingCool was accurate in at least some way.

The main question now is what DC wants to do and why Snyder seems more optimistic on this direction.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It’s amazing to me that Didio was willing to piss off his biggest writer over this initiative. Like if 5G flopped, what was his plan? Johns would’ve been gone, Snyder would’ve almost certainly been scooped by Marvel, who would be left that would’ve been big enough to reignite interest if it all went south? Honestly him getting the boot seems like the best thing that could’ve happened. I hope whatever comes next is less controversial.

Spectacular Member

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    is wally having to fix the dark multiverse again?
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    It’s amazing to me that Didio was willing to piss off his biggest writer over this initiative. Like if 5G flopped, what was his plan? Johns would’ve been gone, Snyder would’ve almost certainly been scooped by Marvel, who would be left that would’ve been big enough to reignite interest if it all went south? Honestly him getting the boot seems like the best thing that could’ve happened. I hope whatever comes next is less controversial.
    Well we have Snyder slowly distroying everything with Metal.