Page 42 of 60 FirstFirst ... 3238394041424344454652 ... LastLast

So some pretty good news from Multiverses End, not a story spoiler but more something I’m happy about.

spoilers:
    The remembered Simon Baz exists, so it’s actually all of the earth based Green Lantern Corps (John, Hal, Kyle, Guy, Jessica, & Simon)
    end of spoilers
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    So some pretty good news from Multiverses End, not a story spoiler but more something I’m happy about.

spoilers:
    The remembered Simon Baz exists, so it’s actually all of the earth based Green Lantern Corps (John, Hal, Kyle, Guy, Jessica, & Simon)
    end of spoilers
    Great! I was missing him .

Astonishing Member

These one-shots feel like something of a Who's Who tour of the DCU for this Crisis. Still better than derailing solo series for tie-ins. I mean it sorta makes sense with Justice League but beyond that? Keep it to these.

I thought this one was fun enough. Not actually particularly Lantern-focused. They just seemed to be doing their jobs, competently. Owlman was the star of the show in this over-crowded smorgasbord with its great concepts but not-enough-time-to-make-them-excel.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

This was a fun issue! Good concepts, fun character moments and nice grungy art.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Okay so I found the issue #6 cover in color and one thing stuck out to me now that we have color....what is Don Hall (the original Dove) doing here? Just like "yep everything checks out...wait isn't he dead? He doesn't look like a black lantern zombie"

Attachment 101048
    Looks like Sinestro stole Black Adam's old ears.

I found funny that not even a full month has passed, and they already pulled up a Thawne, lmao !
    Other than that, good issue ! Owlman was the MVP !
    Last edited by TheMaker1610; 09-29-2020 at 02:02 PM.

You know I got to be honest I’m surprised by how big a role Owlman got, I knew he was going to be in this but I figured it would be more a background role or the one the team couldn’t trust. Instead his character and his actions were probably the most vital to the story.

Also I kind of like his realization about his consistency within the multiverse and how it kind of makes him the sort of immortal true dark Batman. Just that whole train of thought of “Don’t you see I’m the true dark reflection of Batman, because no matter what happens to me the multiverse will revive me as a multiversal constant while your just some dumb joke to be forgotten.”
    Last edited by sifighter; 09-29-2020 at 02:16 PM.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Seems to me the Bat who laughs forgets or underestimates certain characters at times, like when he never believe the Bat and the Joker teaming to fight him and now not anticipating just how far Wally could go or that Owlman would really resent him taking his spot as the evil reflection of Bruce.

On a side note, did anyone else get a bit choked up about seeing Stan Lee's WW there? Or was it just me because as soon as i saw i could help but smile at the sight and remembering Lee's brief DC moment.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

This one-shot was a lot of fun. Extra points for making me care about Captain Carrot.

Is it me or does Superman look like he is cosplaying as Super Android 17??

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    This one-shot was a lot of fun. Extra points for making me care about Captain Carrot.
    I used to not give a single.. care for him and his teal, but this issue made me feel so sad for him.. a true hero !

Great one-shot. Suffered a bit from Stewart recapping the entire history of the DCU, but Owlman was fantastic. Wish President Superman had gotten more focus but I loved the shade thrown at the Dark Multiverse Batmen.

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    Seems to me the Bat who laughs forgets or underestimates certain characters at times, like when he never believe the Bat and the Joker teaming to fight him and now not anticipating just how far Wally could go or that Owlman would really resent him taking his spot as the evil reflection of Bruce.

On a side note, did anyone else get a bit choked up about seeing Stan Lee's WW there? Or was it just me because as soon as i saw i could help but smile at the sight and remembering Lee's brief DC moment.
    Wait is that who that woman in white and yellow armor was? I literally had no idea who she was
    Words to live by.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheMaker1610 View Post
    I found funny that not even a full month has passed, and they already pulled up a Thawne, lmao !
    Other than that, good issue ! Owlman was the MVP !
    Are you talking about Perpetua's whispers being the cause of all the Crisis? That was said on Death Metal #1, so it looks like Thawne made a Perpetua :P

Quote Originally Posted by Batgrayson View Post
    Are you talking about Perpetua's whispers being the cause of all the Crisis? That was said on Death Metal #1, so it looks like Thawne made a Perpetua :P
    LOL !
    I must have missed that among all the random.. things that were happening on that issue, so it's time for a re-read !