Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
I'll be surprised if this doesn't end with all of them holding hands and hoping really hard, then some heavy exposition about a geographical location and ending with "but really, Batman and the Joker are kind of buds."
That's exactly how Doom won in Justice League, but the opposite. Remember, everyone was racing to find pieces of the Totality, or whatever they were going to the past and future for. Legion of Doom wanted it, Justice League wanted it for Starman - whoever got it was going to win. And in the end - pfffft. A pointless arc. Filler, and the fun of introducing the JSA.

What actually happened is that Doom won out strictly because humanity decided to side with the dark side, which basically meant they gave in to self-centeredness over generosity. I guess that meant raping and pillaging or something.

So there's no reason why Death Metal won't end with hoping really really hard to have nice things again.

Someone wrote they hope the Multiverse goes away. Back in Tales from the Dark Multiverse, Tempus Fuginaut, who narrated it kind of like Rod Serling, said "Everything you fear lives here, as its own world. In the past, these worlds vanished when the fear was quelled. But lately, with the source wall broken and the crisis coming, things have changed... become unstable. Worlds down here are mutating, taking on lives of their own, living beyond the imaginations of their creators. I am here now to see if any of these worlds might be helpful in the coming fight... to see if new heroes, forged in the fires of our fears, might live here in this terrible place. If none exist... I fear we may all be damned to darkness."

Some observations about that:

1) As that series progressed, that notion (that in this exploration, some helpful worlds and heroes might be found) was utterly abandoned. Not just that no hero was found. Also not that all was damned to darkness. It was just forgotten. The series was just a bunch of non-connected Elseworlds.

2) If, however, we take that as having ANYTHING to do with ANYTHING - and the chances that Snyder or anyone else will give that series a second thought are surely zero - then after the "coming fight" and if the source wall is repaired, things might go back to how they were. Which is, that the Dark Multiverse would still be there but would go back to the nightmare place it "used to be" where fears manifest as nightmare worlds and then disintegrate.

Don't count on it though. As long as DC can make money off of Jokerized Batman, we'll be getting Jokerized Batman.

On another matter, regarding whether the end of Death Metal #1 sticks, something I personally would look forward to would be:

spoilers:
No more difficult-to-read red and crinkly font on black background. Which I find even harder to read on the glossy paper this series is being printed on. While lots of people have complained about the font, I've never heard anyone ever say something actually likable about it. But maybe fans of it have never had any reason to speak up. I think opinions range from neutral to hate.
end of spoilers