Page 28 of 60 FirstFirst ... 1824252627282930313238 ... LastLast

Still don’t mind BWLs, but I like the Grim Knight more personally. I also am enjoying the evil Batmen still, but for a “WW event” shouldn’t she be going up against her evil alternates? The main players in this event seem to be evil Batmen and evil Supermen, with nary a WW to be found.

Quote Originally Posted by Lapsus View Post
    Would Snyder make Superman or Wonder Woman defeat the BWL?

Or is going to be Batman?
    Now that he has Dr Manhattan powers it is difficult to see him be undone by something other then Wally's own Dr Manhattan powers.

BANNED

Perhaps Bruce becomes a acolyte of Barbatos to stop BWL and after taking care of him Barbatos and Perpetua have it out and destroy each other like in Thor Ragnarok Hela and Surtur ended up killing each other. Then no doubt Snyder will have 'Crisis' Energy used up to build up a new source wall and reboot reality.

Fantastic Member qwertyuiop1998's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DurararaFTW View Post
    Now that he has Dr Manhattan powers it is difficult to see him be undone by something other then Wally's own Dr Manhattan powers.
    Snyder wrote Bathattan gets stabbed by TBWL with a knife and puts his brain inside Bathattan to gain Dr Manhattan.
    Never underestimate how ridiculous Snyder's stories can get sometimes
    "Dangerous Zombie! Transform!! Click And Load! Buggle UP! Danger! Danger! Death The Crisis! Dangerous Zombie!" Kamen Rider Gemn
    (In first he's mysterious and evil and now he's psycho and crazy and insane and evil AND "The Meme Lord"LOL.)

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Unless Superman is leading the resistance against the evil Batman, it’s not the same. Superman is usually turned evil in order to make Batman look better.

Nope he's turned evil because an out of control Superman or any other superhuman is tough to stop and a huge threat.
    If you make Batman evil you have to do a whole lot of this type of storytelling to make him a threat(because he's not superhuman) and surprise a lot of you don't like it because it ends up doing the same thing as regular Batman showing how hyper competent and better he is at this than other characters.

With evil Superman you just get a scary flying brick

Quote Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post
    Nope he's turned evil because an out of control Superman or any other superhuman is tough to stop and a huge threat.
    If you make Batman evil you have to do a whole lot of this type of storytelling to make him a threat(because he's not superhuman) and surprise a lot of you don't like it because it ends up doing the same thing as regular Batman showing how hyper competent and better he is at this than other characters.

With evil Superman you just get a scary flying brick
    If only there were characters in DC that did have superpowers but not quite as many as Superman.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

New Death Metal issue has a checklist for the remaining one shots

deatcheck.jpg

Astonishing Member

You'd think that a fusion of Batman and Darkseid would be more intelligent.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post
    no, he isn't turned evil for that purpose. Why? Because if he was such a threat he would be interesting. Because its a antagonist's job to be a towering wall above the protagonist . By your own admission(flying brick) , an evil superman hasn't been created. That's exactly the point. Superman isn't made an interesting villain. He is made evil to be job. He rarely has layers or is attractive in an evil guy sort of way like the lex luthors or jokers.A Villains job might be to lose at the end. But, if the villain doesn't do its job of being imposing threat before it . Then the character is jobber, not a villain. The story would simply suck. Dc has never made superman imposing as a villain. Why? An antagonist should be equal or above or faar above the protagonist's level of control to make the story interesting . An out of control superman should be hurling planets into the sun. An out of control superman should be beating darkseid and taking control of antilife. Moreover, en evil superman or barry allen will be ten steps ahead . Why? Because these guys have take on lex luthors and thawnes of this world.Evil Superman should be making a living hell for the world and doing the most twisted things before being beaten by the protagonist or the good guy. Have you heard of this guy?

On the otherhand, there is intent by the author to make evil batmen interesting and threatening. Its a whole different deal that people are just sick of batbias in general . Why do you think this nonsense is required for intellectual or strategic antagonists to be made interesting ? Mate! Have you read watchmen, death note, glass trilogy ... Etc. in which world does it take this kind of nonsense needed for a guy with intellect and resources to be made into a threat?
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 08-11-2020 at 08:15 AM.

As another user here already said, you would think a Darkseid-Batman would be smarter than that..
    Also, for a "Abandon all Hope"-style prison in a hopeless world, watching every single hero there smiling as if nothing went wrong felt so weird..

Other than that, I actually quite liked this issue, as it moved the plot forward, AND isnt as senseless and ridicolus as the previous two were
    And seeing it connect with Snyder's JL run (Starro and Lex cameo) was quite satisfying
    Last edited by TheMaker1610; 08-11-2020 at 10:13 AM.

When Doom built BattleWorld, he did not make everything Doom-themed...

Snyder has made Batman the Narcissus of Comics.

that's all.
    If you are going to refute, you need to do your own research.

Alright well I like to talk about the event here so I will do a brief review then talk spoilers. Honestly this is an okay issue, to be clear it’s not bad it’s just the third issue of a seven issue event with tie-ins so it is basically some set up. We set up for all the tie-ins(Speed Metal, Multiverses End, Trinity Crisis, and Justice League “Doom Metal”) that come out next month which will no doubt come back into play once the event comes back in October. Lots of action and it furthers the story and has some fun moments (yeah for Jarro). I would give it 8/10 overall.

spoilers:

-I’m honestly glad Superman wasn’t infected by the anti-life equation and they had to fight him off. I didn’t want to see them have to fight Superman off when they came to save him, I’m glad it was easy as just rescuing him from Batseid. Very satisfying to see him punch him out.

-Okay so something is up with Batman, he tanked a stronger version of the gun from Final Crisis. Got blasted by a gun that was supposed to erase his existence and all it did was tire him out. Even Superman realized something was weird.

-Robin King wasn’t that impressive, he stood there as a hype guy for the Darkest Knight (I’m calling him that, it’s easier then typing BWLs out all the time). Let’s wait and see if he actually does anything later.

-Glad to see everyone was able to be rescued easily, nice to see an entire superhero army on their side.

-Yeah for Jarro. Also, Starfire poster?

-Nice to see more Lobo, his fifth dimension scene reminded me of I hate fairyland from Image comics. It was ridiculous and silly but ultimately funny.

-What happened to Luthor’s face? He was fine last I saw him, now it’s all messed up. Also I have no idea what the literal Death Metals are. I didn’t think there would be actual death metals and I can’t think of anything within continuity.

-Run Flashes, Run!

end of spoilers
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Alright well I like to talk about the event here so I will do a brief review then talk spoilers. Honestly this is an okay issue, to be clear it’s not bad it’s just the third issue of a seven issue event with tie-ins so it is basically some set up. We set up for all the tie-ins(Speed Metal, Multiverses End, Trinity Crisis, and Justice League “Doom Metal”) that come out next month which will no doubt come back into play once the event comes back in October. Lots of action and it furthers the story and has some fun moments (yeah for Jarro). I would give it 8/10 overall.

spoilers:

-I’m honestly glad Superman wasn’t infected by the anti-life equation and they had to fight him off. I didn’t want to see them have to fight Superman off when they came to save him, I’m glad it was easy as just rescuing him from Batseid. Very satisfying to see him punch him out.

-Okay so something is up with Batman, he tanked a stronger version of the gun from Final Crisis. Got blasted by a gun that was supposed to erase his existence and all it did was tire him out. Even Superman realized something was weird.

-Robin King wasn’t that impressive, he stood there as a hype guy for the Darkest Knight (I’m calling him that, it’s easier then typing BWLs out all the time). Let’s wait and see if he actually does anything later.

-Glad to see everyone was able to be rescued easily, nice to see an entire superhero army on their side.

-Yeah for Jarro. Also, Starfire poster?

-Nice to see more Lobo, his fifth dimension scene reminded me of I hate fairyland from Image comics. It was ridiculous and silly but ultimately funny.

-What happened to Luthor’s face? He was fine last I saw him, now it’s all messed up. Also I have no idea what the literal Death Metals are. I didn’t think there would be actual death metals and I can’t think of anything within continuity.

-Run Flashes, Run!

end of spoilers

spoilers:
    I dont know how the Final Crisis gun actually works, but.. The user has to be alive in order to get affected by the shot? Because I think that (our) Batman is dead, and is reanimated by the Black Ring he wears (I ignore how he would be able to ignore the zombification thingy if that were true, but oh well )
    end of spoilers

Fun issue. Loved seeing Batman and Jarro reunite. Lobo’s romp through the 5-D was hilarious, especially with that artwork from Capullo. I wonder if that “does she know about us” between Batman and Superman is saying that they’re both dead and are kinda zombies? Hopefully that will be clarified.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by gambit2051 View Post
    When Doom built BattleWorld, he did not make everything Doom-themed...

Snyder has made Batman the Narcissus of Comics.

that's all.
    Dude I mean this is a guy who first couldn't believe that there was Owl-themed ninjas running around in his city that he never knew about and who apparently either has, or has pondered, or has fears about the fact that the world Always Needs Him and so has crafted sci-fi bat-**** crazy devices to clone himself so that he'll not only always be here, but will always find himself Bat-Themed.

"WHY DON'T THEY CALL HIM BRUCE VAIN?"
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com