Page 57 of 60 FirstFirst ... 7475354555657585960 LastLast

Last 52 was ok. I’m always happy to see seldom used characters like Ryan Choi get some spotlight. The Constantine story was pretty good. Since Lobo is a part of the Death Metal story they really missed an opportunity for a comedic short about the Main Man meeting some of his dark counterparts. Like maybe a Lobo who became a clean cut patriotic hero, one who is a pacifist, or one that *gasp* hates space dolphins!

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Last 52 was ok. I’m always happy to see seldom used characters like Ryan Choi get some spotlight. The Constantine story was pretty good. Since Lobo is a part of the Death Metal story they really missed an opportunity for a comedic short about the Main Man meeting some of his dark counterparts. Like maybe a Lobo who became a clean cut patriotic hero, one who is a pacifist, or one that *gasp* hates space dolphins!
    Wasn’t that in Lobo’s one-shot tie-in? His Infinite Extreme zero hour or whatever?
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

It had a solo Lois story so I bought it. Not a fan of this thing, to be honest, though I got a big laugh out of Batman and The Batman Who Sucks doing "oh yeah well I did this" "WELL FUNNY YOU MENTION THAT BECAUSE I DID THAT" "Oh-ho, you fool! I knew you'd do that so I implemented THIS!"

In one page they told Death Metal's core joke better than it has in six issues. Worth it just for that.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Clark_Kent View Post
    I read this one digitally...was it out of order? After the first couple pages it says "Begin Interlude", and the very next page was "End Interlude" with TBWL asking WW about what she had just seen...seems like all of the vignettes should have been the interlude there, especially with the "see the conclusion in DM 7!" coming around page 6 lol I hope the print copies are correct, because I have to assume the digital copy is messed up. Otherwise, it's a crazy way to put the book together.
    That bothered me as well. The editors were clearly asleep at the wheel, and I hope the collected edition fixes the chapter ordering, assuming the print version had the same error.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Starro View Post
    That bothered me as well. The editors were clearly asleep at the wheel, and I hope the collected edition fixes the chapter ordering, assuming the print version had the same error.
    Editors have been asleep at the wheel for a long, long time. If they weren't we wouldn't be stuck with Death Metal and Heroes in Crisis.

Fantastic Member

Right, can someone please explain the narrative to this story for me. I'm just not getting it. I have been completely 'wibbled' by it. Now ' Wibbled' is a term made up by a friend when I try to explain some DC character points or story. Wibble = Confusion and Wibbled = 'to be confused. He is also amused by DC' s overuse of the term 'Crisis!' He thinks we may be heading to the 'Wibble Crisis' but I reckon we're experiencing 'Dark Nights: Wibble' or at the very least 'Infinite Wibble!'

Quote Originally Posted by Franny6422 View Post
    Right, can someone please explain the narrative to this story for me. I'm just not getting it. I have been completely 'wibbled' by it. Now ' Wibbled' is a term made up by a friend when I try to explain some DC character points or story. Wibble = Confusion and Wibbled = 'to be confused. He is also amused by DC' s overuse of the term 'Crisis!' He thinks we may be heading to the 'Wibble Crisis' but I reckon we're experiencing 'Dark Nights: Wibble' or at the very least 'Infinite Wibble!'
    If by Narrative you mean story I think I can.

Basically the Batman who laughs after teaming up Perpetua is maintaining control over the earth to use as an energy source for Perpetua while she destroys the multiverse to recreate in her image. Wonder Woman surrendered and became a jail warden after most of the Justice League was defeated in the initial invasion. However hope to undo events came in the form of a powered up Wally West.

Unfortunately the plan fell through and Batman who laughs only got more powerful. So basically the plan now is to unravel the knots in continuity/history and battle to the bitter end in the hopes that something positive can be achieved in victory against the Batman who laughs...because honestly Perpetua was never really that much of the villain.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Clark_Kent View Post
    I read this one digitally...was it out of order? After the first couple pages it says "Begin Interlude", and the very next page was "End Interlude" with TBWL asking WW about what she had just seen...seems like all of the vignettes should have been the interlude there, especially with the "see the conclusion in DM 7!" coming around page 6 lol I hope the print copies are correct, because I have to assume the digital copy is messed up. Otherwise, it's a crazy way to put the book together.
    Pages printed in the right order. The second half of the first story picked up at the end after the multistory interlude concluded.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Glad this finally ends next week, geniunely looking forward to the epilogues to see what's next at DC. Also curious if it will connect to the generations one sot.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Glad this finally ends next week, geniunely looking forward to the epilogues to see what's next at DC. Also curious if it will connect to the generations one sot.
    Between Future State and Infinite Frontier, I completely forgot about the generations thing... What was it's point again? Doesn't seem like it leads up to either.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by vasir12 View Post
    Between Future State and Infinite Frontier, I completely forgot about the generations thing... What was it's point again? Doesn't seem like it leads up to either.
    It comes out next week I think, with all the writers who originally apart of those generation one shots. Looks to be taking ideas from the one shots and putting them into a smaller story. DC says the story will have consequences, but seeing as none of these writers are writing any infinite frontier books, I doubt it.

Sounds like spoilers for DM 7 have leaked

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Sounds like spoilers for DM 7 have leaked
    What's left to spoil? Snyder's already spoiled virtually every major plot point in interviews for months now

Yeah, I saw the spoilers and saw nothing I didn't already figure was gonna happen.

Can someone link me to a Death Metal reading order
    Thanks