Page 1 of 60 123451151 ... LastLast

Default Dark Nights: Death Metal - Sequel to Metal is Announced

The ambitious six-issue series picks up plot threads from the past couple of years of DC comic books including Justice League, Year of the Villain, Batman/Superman as well as the first Metal series as the Earth has been consumed by Dark Multiverse energy, leaving the few remaining heroes with few options to save humanity. But a mysterious figure might be about to change everything … if they can reach Wonder Woman in time.

Death Metal will run in two three-month blocks, from May through July, then September through November, with additional “Metalverse” special issues already planned to accompany the series. But what should fans expect from the latest pairing of Snyder and Capullo? The Hollywood Reporter talked to the creators to find out.
    https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/am...-story-1278849

More at link. Honestly I’m looking forward to this but I know how you guys feel about Snyder lol.

I’d genuinely say I’m excited for this, not because of the continuity reasons or for whatever 5G will be but just because I like Snyder and Capullo together and that whenever they work on a book it just has a lot of fun energy behind it. Reading Metal and Justice League you could tell he was trying to tell a good story but also try to have fun along the way. Hopefully we can clear up the tangled weeds of how we got here but overall I’m just excited to see what happens.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

BANNED

That cover is attention grabbing to say the least

I'm pumped for this ! I love most of Snyder's work, and I can't wait to see him paired again with Capullo.

And my Goddess and God do the interiors look stunning for this book already !

That Wonder Woman looks amazing.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

BANNED

Looking forward to kino.

Kind of a pass for me, but then again I didn't enjoy the original Metal or Synder's Justice League. Glad for those that did, though. The original Metal was fairly self-contained until the mess that came after so hopefully this stays the same.

The only interest I'd have in this is if it either clears up continuity and/or gets rid of lolJokerBatmanz, but I doubt either of those are happening here.
    Last Read: Zatanna and the Ripper vol. 1

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Batman, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Beware the Planet of the Apes, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Green Arrow, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Superman '78: The Metal Curtain, Thundercats, Titans

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    Kind of a pass for me, but then again I didn't enjoy the original Metal or Synder's Justice League. Glad for those that did, though. The original Metal was fairly self-contained until the mess that came after so hopefully this stays the same.

The only interest I'd have in this is if it either clears up continuity and/or gets rid of lolJokerBatmanz, but I doubt either of those are happening here.
    I think the opposite. It's clear that this is the event that concludes these things. He basically says so.

I’m kind of wondering who will get involved in this event, Justice League are a big thing but since we see a very slim swamp thing and this involves the entire universe I’m sure we can expect to see more people. Of course the army of justice league is probably out given what happened in the last issue of Hell Arisen and Batman who laughs is trying to be thematic with 666.

My money is on characters who’ve just come back or are outside of things normally.
    -Young Justice, especially new member Sideways
    -Khalid Nassour as the new Dr. Fate
    -The JSA
    -The Terrifics possibly, but mainly because Mister Terrific and plastic man were important to the original.
    -Parts of the batfamily, like Red Hood and his Outlaws and maybe the outsiders
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

BANNED

Love how extreme 90s this looks too. Reminds me of the off the wall type stuff like Hookhand Aquaman or Lobo. A Guitar/Trident wielding Aquaman would be cool. Black Canary with a microphone and her usual aesthetic played up. Make the birds of prey a rockband

... Another one?

Does Metal end at some point? It may be the longest lasting event-like thing I can remember. I mean, good for you who're reading (it's great that there's something ongoing for everyone); but the fact that this usually affects to certain degree other stuff outside it, it's not amusing for those who don't. I'm not going to read two and half years of comics now that I didn't like when I tried then. I just hope I don't need to to follow what's the new statu quo for the main line.

Astonishing Member

Not a surprise, not a shock, not even a secret. But I'll likely check it. Metal disappointed me a bit but Snyder's JL run since has been nice. Capullo's art is always something to see.

I do want to start taking some bets on "How Many Tie-Ins"?
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by vasir12 View Post
    I think the opposite. It's clear that this is the event that concludes these things. He basically says so.
    Every time DC cleans up continuity they just muck it up again later anyway (Zero Hour, New 52, Rebirth), so I don't have high hopes. Plus there's no way they get rid of BWL. For some reason he's popular and they aren't giving that up any time soon.
    Last Read: Zatanna and the Ripper vol. 1

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Batman, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Beware the Planet of the Apes, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Green Arrow, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Superman '78: The Metal Curtain, Thundercats, Titans

Well, I'm always down for Snyder and Capullo and at least this is finally putting an end to things in the most Snyder-esque fashion.

Also glad to see Diana in the leading role.

Wait I’m confused on something, were they saying Wonder Woman is queen of hell as a design concept or is that her actual role in the story?
    Words to live by.