Default Infinite Frontier series by Joshua Williamson

In a new interview Scott Snyder mentions once again a new Infinite Frontier series by Williamson, following the repercussions of Metal and the creation of the Totality.

Seems like after the already announced #0, the book will continue as an ongoing.
    Presumably the series will star Martian Manhunter, Hawkgirl, Mr Terrific, Lex Luthor, Talia Al Ghul and Vandal Savage.

Link to the interview: https://www.gamesradar.com/scott-sny...21-and-beyond/

So that'll be where the Hawkmartian relationship from Snyder's Justice League continues. But why is Kendra on two teams?

It is good to see her reunited with Michael though - they were in JSA together.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 01-06-2021 at 02:03 PM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Well, Williamson kind of lost his shot at a team book with JLO, so maybe this will make up for it.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, Williamson kind of lost his shot at a team book with JLO, so maybe this will make up for it.
    Was he let go? I thought he stepped down by choice from that book...
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    Was he let go? I thought he stepped down by choice from that book...
    To be honest I'm not sure what happened with that book. I don't think we ever found out what was the continuity error that led to the entire first issue being redrawn and led Sejic to leave.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    To be honest I'm not sure what happened with that book. I don't think we ever found out what was the continuity error that led to the entire first issue being redrawn and led Sejic to leave.
    Yeah, I remember that mess and the delays associated. Sejic was very vocal online about how displeased he was, but never gave any details. But Williamson stayed around for awhile until Abnett took over, so I'd assumed that he left by choice.

Anyways, back on topic! I think Williamson's a great writer, and will give almost anything by him a chance. If the rumor is true, this book might be another anthology style one like Urban Legends.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

I wonder if more members will join?
    6 is kind of a small team for the scope of the series.
    I think Doctor Fate, Circe, Black Adam and Hippolyta would fit right in. It would be nice to have some magical experts on the team.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    I think Doctor Fate, Circe, Black Adam and Hippolyta would fit right in. It would be nice to have some magical experts on the team.
    Most people struggle with even 6 members, so maybe the more compact, the better.

Extraordinary Member

I think Snyder was sorting of elaborating and not intending the two ideas to be interpreted as the same. That is he started off focusing on whatever the Williamson series is but than shifted to talk about the one shot and the rebrand as a whole as building off of this new status quo.

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    I think Snyder was sorting of elaborating and not intending the two ideas to be interpreted as the same. That is he started off focusing on whatever the Williamson series is but than shifted to talk about the one shot and the rebrand as a whole as building off of this new status quo.
    It's the second time he talks about the Infinite Frontier series in the same sentence as Willamson's book.
    He did the same in CBR's interview, but this one made it even more clear because he mentions there's a zero issue and more to come after (or something to that effect).

Extraordinary Member

It's the second time he talks about the Infinite Frontier series in the same sentence as Willamson's book.
    He did the same in CBR's interview, but this one made it even more clear because he mentions there's a zero issue and more to come after (or something to that effect).
    I can see that interpretation, but those are clumsy ways to name drop a book. That CBR interview almost sounds like he is talking about the story name or concept, or that the Infinite Frontier is something that exists in the DC universe now.

Anyway, #0 is listed as a one shot, so time will tell.

April solicits will confirm it, hopefully.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Always Rakzo

The few issues of JLO under Williamson were the only ones worth reading and his JL arc was also pretty solid so I'm expecting this to rock as well.

Yeah if these guys are going to be the guardians of the infinite (or whatever) they should have a character representing magic. Maybe just have Kent Nelson since Khalid is currently Dr. Fate.

They have super science representatives, aliens, immortals, so a magic user would be a good addition. I would also include one of the New Gods, or maybe Cyborg since he’s a bridge between human and New God.
    Last edited by Robotman; 01-07-2021 at 12:21 AM.