Page 25 of 60 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627282935 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Also we'll find out that a Wayne was the first from Man's World to step foot on Paradise Island, not Steve, and a Wayne discovered the Speed Force.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    And his will was too much for a Green Lantern ring to handle.
    Of course, this can go both ways. We can blame the Waynes for the near-extinction of Kryptonians, the Amazons sealing themselves off from the world, and the creation of the Manhunters and Yellow Lanterns.

BANNED

And his will was too much for a Green Lantern ring to handle.
    I’d be laughing see Batman making better constructs without a ring ��

Mighty Member

Lol! You really gotta love all the Batman hate, it keeps on coming and he keeps moving on. How ironic that DC's most hated character is also it's biggest, most popular and bankable character. Oh well!

Quote Originally Posted by The tall man View Post
    Lol! You really gotta love all the Batman hate, it keeps on coming and he keeps moving on. How ironic that DC's most hated character is also it's biggest, most popular and bankable character. Oh well!
    I acknowledge the reality. BatGod is great for DC. Sucks for me.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Similar to the Wolvie hate over at Marvel especially during the New Avengers era; I say like what you like and avoid what you don't

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    Similar to the Wolvie hate over at Marvel especially during the New Avengers era; I say like what you like and avoid what you don't
    You have to admit, though, that they make it hard to avoid. As mentioned - new planet Gotham in LoSH. The more it spreads into the other titles (because it does sell, as I acknowledge) the less material there is left for us to read. Just the way it is - like trying to buy a high-quality non-smart TV, you don't have a lot options. The sad part of not liking what's popular.
    Last edited by Tzigone; 08-05-2020 at 05:01 PM.

Honestly, this is worse than Wolverine's publicity, he at least has been kept for most of his story as a supporting characther, you can't say the same with Bruce.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

All jokes aside, that's exactly the problem though, they're making it damn near impossible to avoid. If you're mainly a fan of the fringe stuff your chances of avoiding it goes up, but if you're a fan of the classics in that Justice League group, the stuff that generally does get caught up in events and the like, the opportunities start dropping drastically.

I understand having to accept it to a certain degree considering he's their top dog. But its gotten a whole lot worse these past few years.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 08-05-2020 at 05:26 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

So in Death Metal: Legends of the Dark Knights, there’s a wink from Scott Snyder kind of admitting that The Batman Who Laughs was influenced Judge Dread/Judge Death. When he’s traveling through the Dark Multiverse and absorbing pieces of the “Dark Batmen” there is one shown gunning down The Penguin who looks a lot like a Batman/Judge Dredd amalgam (but with Judge Death’s visor).

BANNED

its batman-prometheus

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    its batman-prometheus
    Prometheus didn’t use a gun as his primary weapon. He had the electro-baton thing. Also green, red, and gold weren’t his color scheme.

BANNED

In his time superman was the god not only of DC but of comics, but now he is one of the most hated characters. Looking at the way DC treats Batman, and the reaction of the fans, it's clear that in a few years Batman will be another hated character.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

You have to admit, though, that they make it hard to avoid. As mentioned - new planet Gotham in LoSH. The more it spreads into the other titles (because it does sell, as I acknowledge) the less material there is left for us to read. Just the way it is - like trying to buy a high-quality non-smart TV, you don't have a lot options. The sad part of not liking what's popular.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    All jokes aside, that's exactly the problem though, they're making it damn near impossible to avoid. If you're mainly a fan of the fringe stuff your chances of avoiding it goes up, but if you're a fan of the classics in that Justice League group, the stuff that generally does get caught up in events and the like, the opportunities start dropping drastically.

I understand having to accept it to a certain degree considering he's their top dog. But its gotten a whole lot worse these past few years.
    Hmm, I didn't think of that; since I only care about Green Lantern and the event itself since I foolishly started subbing to Snyder's JL and now I have the need to finish it out.

Other than the JL tie-ins aren't the rest of the titles just one shots?

I mean Batman has his own event happening, I think Bendis is doing something with Supes; but I don't know what's happening with Wonder Woman and Flash

Quote Originally Posted by NaVi View Post
    In his time superman was the god not only of DC but of comics, but now he is one of the most hated characters. Looking at the way DC treats Batman, and the reaction of the fans, it's clear that in a few years Batman will be another hated character.
    A few years? Try right now. If you read internet forums, especially this one you'll see Batman's already easily DC's most hated character.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The True Detective View Post
    A few years? Try right now. If you read internet forums, especially this one you'll see Batman's already easily DC's most hated character.
    The problem is when you can't avoid him anymore and at the same time Bruce hasnt been interesting or sympathetic for a long time. I like him enough in Earth One and Universe but the moment you put him on JL he seems to be Batgod/Batjerk. Also the family is too big and written as a source for drama making Bruce a despised father figure on top of all this