Page 41 of 60 FirstFirst ... 3137383940414243444551 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BooCoo View Post
    First there is Death Metal, then there is...Death Rust.
    Well, Death Rust with BWL absorbing Mandrakk and using Manhattan Engine seems like cool idea

Quote Originally Posted by BooCoo View Post
    First there is Death Metal, then there is...Death Rust.
    Followed by Death End...then Death Rebirth....

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    People were wondering if the leotard would come back, but instead it's the Golden Age skirt .
    it wasn't a skirt in the Golden Age, but culottes....
    Last edited by wonder39; 09-19-2020 at 03:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Not a fan of tossing out Year One to help the JSA and movie synergy.

Hear's hoping BMWL and Superboy-Prime both kill one another.
    This, and also this.

It would be nice if it was literally Earth two/ Golden Age WW connecting with this other version, and not two eras of the same person.

BANNED

superman is a god, batman an insect, but every time they fight superman sees his power, intelligence and ability reduced almost to 0, batman sees his stats multiplied by 1000, I hope for once it is the other way around, that batman becomes a pathetic idiot and smarter and more skilled superman. Anyway this is a useless debate, we all know that Batman always wins, after all DC Comics is a lie, his real name is Batman Comics.

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    I thought it was a nice change of voice, a little more subdued than Snyder's and Capullo over the top take but still capturing the tone. I could have done with a little less narration in the second half, but I feel it is setting up for an interesting adventure worth reading even apart from being part of the bigger story.
    I just feel like it was slow, maybe it’s the fact that it is in five parts compared to the one-shots. While we do get a location, introduce some villains, and get some characters I just don’t feel like it did a lot in the page span it had. That said I’ll be back next issue and if it’s better I’ll eat my words.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by wonder39 View Post
    This, and also this.

It would be nice if it was literally Earth two/ Golden Age WW connecting with this other version, and not two eras of the same person.
    I'd like that too though it seems for the most whenever characters run into previous era versions of themselves, they mostly just act the same.

Okay so I found the issue #6 cover in color and one thing stuck out to me now that we have color....what is Don Hall (the original Dove) doing here? Just like "yep everything checks out...wait isn't he dead? He doesn't look like a black lantern zombie"

IMG_0934.jpg
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NaVi View Post
    superman is a god, batman an insect, but every time they fight superman sees his power, intelligence and ability reduced almost to 0, batman sees his stats multiplied by 1000, I hope for once it is the other way around, that batman becomes a pathetic idiot and smarter and more skilled superman. Anyway this is a useless debate, we all know that Batman always wins, after all DC Comics is a lie, his real name is Batman Comics.
    I mean DC stands for Detective Comics, so...

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Okay so I found the issue #6 cover in color and one thing stuck out to me now that we have color....what is Don Hall (the original Dove) doing here? Just like "yep everything checks out...wait isn't he dead? He doesn't look like a black lantern zombie"

IMG_0934.jpg
    Given that all of time and space are broken, I don't think a character being dead would mean much in the Metalverse, in which time and space are even further FUBARed.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    I mean DC stands for Detective Comics, so...
    Yet, doesn't churn out greatest quality detective stories.

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Yet, doesn't churn out greatest quality detective stories.
    Nor does it only churn out Batman stuff, but the shoe still fits. :P

Nor does it only churn out Batman stuff, but the shoe still fits. :P
    There gazillion batmen and robins now. Everyone is batman. Even superman taking a gun, shooting at a dealer who sells it to kids before catching it will be seen as batmanisation. Also, what is with dc and titles not meaning anything. Action comics and detective comics doesn't have those kinds of heroes. It's all superhero schlock. I wish I had anthologies like in the old days.

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    There gazillion batmen and robins now. Everyone is batman. Even superman taking a gun, shooting at a dealer who sells it to kids before catching it will be seen as batmanisation. Also, what is with dc and titles not meaning anything. Action comics and detective comics doesn't have those kinds of heroes. It's all superhero schlock. I wish I had anthologies like in the old days.
    You don't rename the longest running comics in history just because the name doesn't fit anymore, but I disagree. I know you're the #ShounenHotTakes guy but Batman and Superman are broadly a detective and action hero respectively; Bruce solves his problems by studying them (and then hitting them) and Clark solves his problems (granted first by trying to talk it out) by fighting them. This isn't up for debate, because I know you whine that Superman is a goddamn wuss now, but that's just what they do. If the action is weak for you, fine, but that doesn't change it's what goes on.

You don't rename the longest running comics in history just because the name doesn't fit anymore, but I disagree. I know you're the #ShounenHotTakes guy but Batman and Superman are broadly a detective and action hero respectively; Bruce solves his problems by studying them (and then hitting them) and Clark solves his problems (granted first by trying to talk it out) by fighting them. This isn't up for debate, because I know you whine that Superman is a goddamn wuss now, but that's just what they do. If the action is weak for you, fine, but that doesn't change it's what goes on.
    Their flavors are just surface-level coating. It's mcu kind of deal,where antman is a heist movie.Nope!it's an action comedy with heist flavors.Just like hic wasn't about trauma and psychological thriller either.Saying Action and detective stories very weak is putting it mildly.if punching stuff and clicking on computer keys is what detective work and action is. then sure. Even harry potter books has better mysteries than batman. Why limit the books to guys that are clearly about something else now. Send them of into batman and superman books. Make action and detective comics an anthology series that heavily genre specific. At the very least, put back the likes of bill congo or slam bradley or something on these books. And no not as capes or sidekicks to capes.Sometimes, i wish superman hadn't taken off. Atleast the industry would have more to offer than kantian cape crusaders.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 09-29-2020 at 12:55 AM.