Page 58 of 60 FirstFirst ... 84854555657585960 LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    if by narrative you mean story i think i can.

Basically the batman who laughs after teaming up perpetua is maintaining control over the earth to use as an energy source for perpetua while she destroys the multiverse to recreate in her image. Wonder woman surrendered and became a jail warden after most of the justice league was defeated in the initial invasion. However hope to undo events came in the form of a powered up wally west.

Unfortunately the plan fell through and batman who laughs only got more powerful. So basically the plan now is to unravel the knots in continuity/history and battle to the bitter end in the hopes that something positive can be achieved in victory against the batman who laughs...because honestly perpetua was never really that much of the villain.
    thank you very much.

As fun as this rock and roll cover band performance of Hickman's Secret Wars has been, I'm ready for it to end
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike
    DARK HORSE: Bill and Ted are doomed.
    IMAGE: The Walking Dead: Deluxe

Quote Originally Posted by Denirac View Post
    As fun as this rock and roll cover band performance of Hickman's Secret Wars has been, I'm ready for it to end
    this made me crack a smile, pretty spot on. hey, we're just a weekend away from the finale. I can't wait to actually read the story. I've popped in here and there, and generally have been having fun, but my fomo is messing with me. i think ima like it, but i just hope it's not a slog to get through once it's all out.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    this made me crack a smile, pretty spot on. hey, we're just a weekend away from the finale. I can't wait to actually read the story. I've popped in here and there, and generally have been having fun, but my fomo is messing with me. i think ima like it, but i just hope it's not a slog to get through once it's all out.
    Agreed, honestly, my only problem with Snyder's Metal, JL and Death Metal is that Snyder seems to have learned the wrong lesson from Tower of Babel. He's come back with "Batman Always Wins." but Batman lost in that story. His Plans didnt work even with Ra's modifying them.
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike
    DARK HORSE: Bill and Ted are doomed.
    IMAGE: The Walking Dead: Deluxe

Quote Originally Posted by Denirac View Post
    Agreed, honestly, my only problem with Snyder's Metal, JL and Death Metal is that Snyder seems to have learned the wrong lesson from Tower of Babel. He's come back with "Batman Always Wins." but Batman lost in that story. His Plans didnt work even with Ra's modifying them.
    I'll have to come back to you on that once i read it all. most of the batman commentary i stopped following along with the main plot stuff. i mainly just read all the fun cosmic stuff. From what i can gleam, it feels like a lot of people's issues is with how exaggerated the "Batman Always Wins" trope is here, but I feel like that's kinda a conceit of the nature of the event. Like to me, it's an event about events, it's hyperbole about an already hyperbolic style of storytelling and i can understand that; my concern is how tedious will it be in the holistic state.
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 01-01-2021 at 06:24 PM.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

currently following:
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

Spectacular Member

Are there detailed spoilers/a synopsis on the entire issue (7) anywhere?

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jaygon View Post
    Are there detailed spoilers/a synopsis on the entire issue (7) anywhere?
    https://www.reddit.com/r/DCcomics/co...ath_metal_out/

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    spoilers:
    A dance party? Yeah, okay .

I don't know if that joint Justice League/Legion of Doom thing will go anywhere.

I wonder if keeping it vague who is brought back will just be used as a catch-all to not explain some upcoming resurrections. Maybe they've already undone the HiC deaths?
    end of spoilers

Spectacular Member

In the absence of getting my hands on a copy before next week, I'm looking forward to reading detailed spoilers.

What was the second epilogue, which was teased in the solicitations? We are all presuming that at least one epilogue will be Future State.
    Are there details on a new 'uniform' timeline, if one exists or on the number of earths, if indeed a revived multiverse exists?
    Is there anything specifically stated about concepts like Hypertime or the Metaverse etc.?

With 48 pages or so, I'm hoping that there will be specific details revealed in relation to concepts already alluded to or previously teased.

One thing that puzzles me in particular : Did SB Prime 'destroy' The Last 52 in DM Secret Origin, as it is implied? I'm thinking of the panel in the opening 'The Last 52' (which seems to take place after Secret Origin) and has Diana literally hurling an earth at TBWL. I would be interested to know if this 'planet throwing' is continued in DM 7.
    Last edited by jaygon; 01-02-2021 at 09:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    spoilers:
    I don't know if that joint Justice League/Legion of Doom thing will go anywhere.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Guess that explains why Black Adam is in the League.
    end of spoilers

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

spoilers:

I wonder if keeping it vague who is brought back will just be used as a catch-all to not explain some upcoming resurrections. Maybe they've already undone the HiC deaths?
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    What's even the goddamn point of superheroes if they're teaming up with the villains on the regular. This sucks so goddamn much. I'm glad Snyder's phasing out if he thought this was a good idea.
    end of spoilers

Astonishing Member

spoilers:

end of spoilers
    Sounds stupid, but slightly more intelligent than the incoherent gibberish we've been subjected to.

Death Metal #7 has dropped and with it comes the Infinite Frontier of the Omniverse:

currently following:

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

That was a lot of plate spinning to simply bring back Hypertime without calling it that....

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    That was a lot of plate spinning to simply bring back Hypertime without calling it that....
    Hypertime was reintroduced in Metal. I think they're only using hypertime to explain Future State. I don't think these are diverging timelines, I think what's happening is the Earths in the Orrey are now spawning into their own Multiverses; so DC can have creators tell whatever story they want, as big as they want, and effectively have their own continuity to work with.

currently following: