Page 43 of 60 FirstFirst ... 3339404142434445464753 ... LastLast

And the Justice Lords finally made an appearance for the first time since they were made canon during Multiversity!
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike
    DARK HORSE: Bill and Ted are doomed.
    IMAGE: The Walking Dead: Deluxe

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Wait is that who that woman in white and yellow armor was? I literally had no idea who she was
    Yes, and CBR just posted an article about her:

Wonder Woman: Who Is Stan Lee and Jim Lee's DC Multiverse Hero?
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Wait is that who that woman in white and yellow armor was? I literally had no idea who she was
    This comment makes me sad!

But in all seriousness that was Stan Lee's take on her.

Incredible Member blunt_eastwood's Avatar

So Hal wasn't controlled by a big bug? He was controlled by Perpetua?

Also, when does this take place? I thought the world was turned into the death metal land. When did the heroes go into the multi-verse?

Quote Originally Posted by blunt_eastwood View Post

Also, when does this take place? I thought the world was turned into the death metal land. When did the heroes go into the multi-verse?
    Right after the last issue of the main Death Metal series. The heroes were all freed and split into groups. The Trinity went down into the Dark Multiverse and the rest went off into the regular Multiverse.

Hal WAS controlled by a big bug, however, this is my interpretation:

Sc

In the OG Zero Hour, Parallax and Hal were one an the same (no bug), and Perpetua pulled a Thawne on him, making him do what he did.
    The (yellow) Parallax being a retcon that happened because of Infinite Crisis effects on reality
    (Hal returned in 2006, right?)

Astonishing Member

Hal returned before infinite crisis

Spectacular Member

Was this Owlman excluded because it was too convoluted? https://dc.fandom.com/wiki/Owlman_(Earth-3)

When they were listing the different Crisis events, they mentioned that not long after Infinite Crisis was an event centered around Darkseid. Skipping Final Crisis and Flashpoint, would that be Darkseid War from New 52/DC You? I didn't think that was a Crisis level event but if so... is that insinuating that had enough "Crisis Energy" to help cause Wally to come back and it was Darkseid War that directly allowed Rebirth to happen?

Also, I'm still excited to see how Death Metal folds Doomsday Clock into everything.

Spectacular Member

Hal was controlled by a big bug, who was being influenced by Perpetua

Quote Originally Posted by ShinySephiroth View Post
    Was this Owlman excluded because it was too convoluted? https://dc.fandom.com/wiki/Owlman_(Earth-3)

When they were listing the different Crisis events, they mentioned that not long after Infinite Crisis was an event centered around Darkseid. Skipping Final Crisis and Flashpoint, would that be Darkseid War from New 52/DC You? I didn't think that was a Crisis level event but if so... is that insinuating that had enough "Crisis Energy" to help cause Wally to come back and it was Darkseid War that directly allowed Rebirth to happen?

Also, I'm still excited to see how Death Metal folds Doomsday Clock into everything.
    I assumed with that version of the Owlman was changed into the Forever Evil version when the universe changed via flashpoint and Doctor Manhattan. Like so much in the dc universe, still the same character but fundamentally a little different because of the rewriting of reality.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Spectacular Member

I assumed with that version of the Owlman was changed into the Forever Evil version when the universe changed via flashpoint and Doctor Manhattan. Like so much in the dc universe, still the same character but fundamentally a little different because of the rewriting of reality.
    That makes 100% sense!

Incredible Member blunt_eastwood's Avatar

It was referencing Final Crisis.

And I don't think Doomsday Clock will play into this at all other than what we've seen so far.

Every major event is being retconned so that Perpetua was behind everything.

Spectacular Member

It was referencing Final Crisis.

And I don't think Doomsday Clock will play into this at all other than what we've seen so far.

Every major event is being retconned so that Perpetua was behind everything.
    Well, I feel dumb, haha. Don't know what I was thinking.

I think I read an interview that they were planning on having an explanation on how DD would fold into main continuity. Of course, that could just mean post "anti-crisis" that those events are retconned into the history of whatever Earth 0 is.

I got to ask, do people think this is a decent enough recap for what was missed in Trinity Crisis, Speed Metal, and Multiverses End?

https://www.gamesradar.com/dark-nigh...-wonder-woman/
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Astonishing Member

Well, I feel dumb, haha. Don't know what I was thinking.

I think I read an interview that they were planning on having an explanation on how DD would fold into main continuity. Of course, that could just mean post "anti-crisis" that those events are retconned into the history of whatever Earth 0 is.
    The nature of timeline shifts, and stories that directly address the over-correction and repair of those sorts of things, is tricky. The issue with DDC is like, "when did it happen?" Sliding scale or not we have a timeline for the various DC Crisis events, but all we really know about DDC is that it sort of must have happened during the Rebirth period because there was lead-in material. Flashpoint retconned into a lead-in, but New52 Johns Justice League up to Darkseid War is a lead-in, Rebirth Special is a lead-in, and then a handful of stuff particularly in the first year before delays and what-not are direct lead-ins, like Tom King and Josh Williamson's Batman/Flash crossovers. And all the winks and nods that Doctor Manhattan was behind everything in whatever books that didn't ever mention it again. Those are kind of the "Countdown to Doomsday Clock". But then the problem is DDC shows some kind of situation where as a result of the meddling the DCU is on the brink of some kind of Crisis and he realizes that his tinkering messed it up so Manhattan fixes it. So it didn't happen. Short answer. Long answer? I mean people were investigating things leading into it ... kind of an anticlimax if all those investigations lead to everyone forgetting. IT WAS ALL A DREAM! DAMMIT, DALLAS! You mean Rebirth doesn't count? IT ALL COUNTS! Yeah except it doesn't all count.

Except that part of the "fixing" of the splintered timelines involves so many of DC's characters starting to remember and reintegrate their Prime Timeline lives and memories. So things like the vague recollection of "exactly how Crisises happened" are factoring back in, so there's an awareness of Doomsday Clock having happened, even though we don't really have a strict "Moment" when it started falling apart then Manhattan snapped it back.

Other than that you know, Doomsday Clock had to happen "After Heroes In Crisis/Batman-Flash: 'The Price'" but BEFORE City of Bane. Which means that it happened after Death Metal ... but doesn't really strictly jive very well with the Snyder Justice League run either so probably BEFORE the Snyder JLA.

Except in a "Possible Scenario" that didn't actually come to fruition.

That big Joker riot in Gotham didn't happen. The exposure of all the Metahuman Defense militarized stuff - all those ghosts in Martin Stein's closet? Right back in the closet. Or I suppose because of the full timeline poke, it's a less Cynical Universe now so POOF No Ghosts in Martin Stein's closet. And things like the "Fixing" of Wally West's story happening in real time are happening real-time "in universe" as a result of Doctor Manhattan being like "oh wow oops my tampering REALLY messed this guy up ..." which is literally represented by Wally Made In Manhattan Style.

But as daffy as reconciling that is, at least as far as listing things goes, I'm pretty sure that's just the Publication Order.

- Infinite Crisis (and surrounding material ...)
    - Final Crisis (and surrounding material ...)
    - Blackest Night (and tie-in material)
    - Flashpoint (and tie-in material) (Flash to Pandora to "Manhattan")
    - New 52 Launch (Manhattan's Project and fanboys crying in unison "Who the heck is this and where the eff is Wally West you conceptually bankrupt editorial team?")
    - Forever Evil (and tie-in material) (Owlman arrives, Superwoman's baby, Anti-Monitor returns, EVERYTHING IS SO EXTRA EVIL! Villainy is MORE VILLAINOUS!)
    - Convergence (and tie-in material to assuage us all that the "Good Old Days" are still out there somewhere ... we just can't play with them. They're in the attic and you only get one set of toys in your room at a time JOHNNY. Just ONE. And I'm picking it for you. But also a nice reminder that there were a several different "Good Old Days" that have different levels of meaning for different readers who started at different times.)
    - Darkseid War (Anti-Monitor to Manhattan, and Superwoman's baby is Alexander Luthor Junior and is also Darkseid WTF? For a pseudo-sequel to COIE it was kind of banal and ... dare I say ... Uneventful? "ALL COSMIC REALITY IS IN DANGER!" "The scope! The scale! What was it like, Superman?" ... "Well, Ms. Lane, I sort of remember just two big guys standing in an American street yelling at each other then punching each other. Then I inverted just like Superman III and was mean for a minute, then it was over and nobody calling themselves a "Detective" ever investigated the Murders of Owlman and Metron.")
    - Rebirth (and relaunched books) (Manhattan to Wally)
    - Metal (and tie-in material)
    - Heroes in Crisis (and tie-in material) (Peak Cynicism so bad it's being actively retconned IN-CONTINUITY.)
    - Doomsday Clock (Manhattan fixes it because it had gotten way too cynical and shitty there for a second)
    - Death Metal (and surrounding material) (Wally to Manhattan and things are wild space and goofy again. Of course we'll see what universe-shattering consequences they throw in there on the last page.)
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com