Page 10 of 60 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by vasir12 View Post
    At this point, it's pretty clear BleedingCool was accurate in at least some way.

The main question now is what DC wants to do and why Snyder seems more optimistic on this direction.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    It’s amazing to me that Didio was willing to piss off his biggest writer over this initiative. Like if 5G flopped, what was his plan? Johns would’ve been gone, Snyder would’ve almost certainly been scooped by Marvel, who would be left that would’ve been big enough to reignite interest if it all went south? Honestly him getting the boot seems like the best thing that could’ve happened. I hope whatever comes next is less controversial.
    I think the expansive timeline might still be in play because that seems to fit Snyder's MO of "everything counts."

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think the expansive timeline might still be in play because that seems to fit Snyder's MO of "everything counts."
    I did listen to the podcast and Snyder specifically said plans for 5G changed a lot from what they used to be, he never said they were outright cancelled. And he also said he doesn't think the intiative was ever actually called 5G. I think it was always going to be DC Generations, with books set in each of the 5 generation one shots they were planning.

With plans changed and it's clear they are still going to focus on the current continuiy (since we know Tynion is continuing his batman run into next year), I think what will happen is we do get generations but it'll just be 4-5 books set in different DC periods and not some line wide reboot in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by jb681131 View Post
    Well we have Snyder slowly distroying everything with Metal.
    Look I know you have beef with Snyder, but he has critical and commercial success. Didio’s initiatives have varied between success and failure far too often to say they are the same. Metal was the most successful event since Infinite Crisis, and I totally believe Death Metal will do great also.

BANNED

I think they should go with reality is alive and reboots itself and everything counts. And faux reality layers of history on top and and timelines bleeding in and out.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Look I know you have beef with Snyder, but he has critical and commercial success. Didio’s initiatives have varied between success and failure far too often to say they are the same. Metal was the most successful event since Infinite Crisis, and I totally believe Death Metal will do great also.
    Yes Metal sold a lot. But no reader, nor critic, find it better than Infinit Crisis. It's messy.
    It's not because it sells, that it's quality product. Of course that everyone wants to read about a Dark Multiverse.
    But in the end everyone is a bit disapointed.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

So... how boned am I since I haven't caught up on Justice League and Year of the Villain?
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    So... how boned am I since I haven't caught up on Justice League and Year of the Villain?
    Eh, it gives you a pretty good primer on what's going on. Some of the information isn't really clear or in one case at all in Justice League, so you should be good.

Death Metal #1 was fun as hell, in my opinion. I admire the energy Snyder and Capullo put into it. It's big, loud and not ashamed to be dumb as hell and it's all the better for it.

Astonishing Member

Well, about that thing what happened at the end... If to be honest, I didn't expect it to happen that early and like that)

Astonishing Member

Death Metal is an incoherent mess. However, they did one thing right. I just hope it sticks.

First issue was entertaining. Wasn’t expecting spoilers:
    The Batman Who Laughs
    end of spoilers to get chainsawed immediately, but I don’t know if he’s actually dead or will stay dead given what we know about the upcoming tie-ins.

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    Death Metal is an incoherent mess. However, they did one thing right. I just hope it sticks.
    Like all of Snyder's stuff !

This was actually pretty entertaining. If what happened in the end sticks, then I'm on board for the rest. I really like Wonder Woman sticking with optimism despite a certain other hero abandoning it.

I'm hopeful the death will stick, especially if the spoilers:
    Dr. Batmanhattan is around, it makes no sense to have 2 powerhouses like that running around when the heroes still have to deal with perpetua
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    I'm hopeful the death will stick, especially if the spoilers:
    Dr. Batmanhattan is around, it makes no sense to have 2 powerhouses like that running around when the heroes still have to deal with perpetua
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    I am wondering with both Dr. Bathattan and Wally if this how we will see the return of Clark from Doomsday Clock, assuming that he exists in the multiverse or metaverse and Perpetua hasn't killed him.
    end of spoilers
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    spoilers:
    I am wondering with both Dr. Bathattan and Wally if this how we will see the return of Clark from Doomsday Clock, assuming that he exists in the multiverse or metaverse and Perpetua hasn't killed him.
    end of spoilers
    Geoff Johns said he wanted to pick up that storyline in his own doomsday clock sequel, so I don't think so.