Page 11 of 60 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Geoff Johns said he wanted to pick up that storyline in his own doomsday clock sequel, so I don't think so.
    I mean I respect that about Johns and I would personally love to see what other story he would have, and I mean that legitimately as someone who loves his JSA, Green Lantern, and even Earth one Batman, but what Geoff Johns wants and what DC does are entirely two different things at this point in time
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Astonishing Member

Fun stuff.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    So... how boned am I since I haven't caught up on Justice League and Year of the Villain?
    It is very new reader friendly and you didn't miss much with Justice League and Year of the Villain.

This looks to be bringing the same kind of dumb stoner fun as the first Metal. Bring it on, I say.
    Last edited by Bored at 3:00AM; 06-16-2020 at 07:07 PM.

That was wild! If that death sticks then this is gonna be one hell of a series.As for Generations I say consign it to the trash bin of history.We never got Alan Moore's Twilight of The Superheroes why should Didio's monstrosity be treated any different?
    "If you look up at me you will see a friend. If you look down at me you will see an enemy. But if you look me square in the eye you will see a God."-Bray Wyatt

I loved this! Needed a fun, crazy book to get me reading DC again.

Damn ! People are crazed about an incoherent and poorly written event (Metal in general) by a writter than has never proven he's got talent !
    I'm sad about people, just interrested in a story because they see the word "Metal" and "Dark Multiverse". What a pitty.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    First issue was entertaining. Wasn’t expecting spoilers:
    The Batman Who Laughs
    end of spoilers to get chainsawed immediately, but I don’t know if he’s actually dead or will stay dead given what we know about the upcoming tie-ins.
    That was SUCH a great scene, even if it ends up not sticking.

I enjoyed this a lot, and I found Metal to be kind of up and down. Lots of cool crazy ideas here, but it seems so far to have a bit more focused plot. Great first issue.
    Cheers - CL

Quote Originally Posted by jb681131 View Post
    Damn ! People are crazed about an incoherent and poorly written event (Metal in general) by a writter than has never proven he's got talent !
    I'm sad about people, just interrested in a story because they see the word "Metal" and "Dark Multiverse". What a pitty.
    Or, just maybe, people have different opinions than you.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    Or, just maybe, people have different opinions than you.
    It's not about opinion really, because anyone with a bit of Comics cultur, do say that Snyder is a so so writter, and that Metal is messy.
    It's just that Metal manages to get people hypped because of it's title and subject while it's a so so comics.
    Thus people missing out on better stuff, and people having a false opinion on comics, and the comics industry leaning torward bait comics and not quality comics.

Extraordinary Member

It's not about opinion really, because anyone with a bit of Comics cultur, do say that Snyder is a so so writter, and that Metal is messy.
    It's just that Metal manages to get people hypped because of it's title and subject while it's a so so comics.
    Thus people missing out on better stuff, and people having a false opinion on comics, and the comics industry leaning torward bait comics and not quality comics.
    Dude. Snyder is not a so so writer. To "make it" on your own in any creative medium, you have to be insanely skilled. Plus, this book itself has gotten some great reviews from critics. So, it looks like its just the case that you don't like it. And that's fine because you are absolutely entitled to your opinion. However, please don't act as if your opinion is the only one that matters.

It is an opinion. All of what you just said is opinion. Many people like Snyder. Many people liked Metal. It was a consistent top seller when it was coming out.

You don't like Metal. That's fine. But that doesn't make you more "cultured" than the people that do. People are allowed to enjoy comics for different reasons than you do. That doesn't make their opinions "false."

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    It is an opinion. All of what you just said is opinion. Many people like Snyder. Many people liked Metal. It was a consistent top seller when it was coming out.

You don't like Metal. That's fine. But that doesn't make you more "cultured" than the people that do. People are allowed to enjoy comics for different reasons than you do. That doesn't make their opinions "false."
    You don't understant, it sells not because people are found of it, but because poeple got hyped by it and when you start reading something you want to finish it.
    Every reviews and critics says it's messy and so so ! That's not opinions ! Those are facts.

You don't understant, it sells not because people are found of it, but because poeple got hyped by it and when you start reading something you want to finish it.
    Every reviews and critics says it's messy and so so ! That's not opinions ! Those are facts.
    Link to those reviews, because everything I'm seeing has it at around an 8 out of 10. Amazon currently has it at 4.5 out of 5.

Also, critics and reviews are the opinions of the people writing them. So those are not facts. That's still opinion.

Incredible Member blunt_eastwood's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Geoff Johns said he wanted to pick up that storyline in his own doomsday clock sequel, so I don't think so.
    God I hope not. That most likely would never happen, and if it did would take 10 years and have massive delays...

Well, that took several turns I wasn't expecting.
    spoilers:
    Lobo getting involved, but not sure who hired him, but he's certainly a powerful wild card. Wally being a Blue Lantern and remembering most of the events leading up to this apokolyptic world (no pun intended). And Diana shanking Batman Who Laughs. Finally someone put that bastard down.
    end of spoilers