Page 12 of 60 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Well, that took several turns I wasn't expecting.
    spoilers:
    Lobo getting involved, but not sure who hired him, but he's certainly a powerful wild card. Wally being a Blue Lantern and remembering most of the events leading up to this apokolyptic world (no pun intended). And Diana shanking Batman Who Laughs. Finally someone put that bastard down.
    end of spoilers
    Small correction. He's not a blue lantern. He still has some of Dr. Manhattan's power.

Unfortunately the particular character fate in this issue isn't going to stick.

And it would have made a lot more sense for a spoilers:
    Dark Multiverse version of Manhattan that was a merge with Superman, considering that was kinda the whole philosophical battle of DDC. But of course its a Batman version.
    end of spoilers
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Unfortunately the particular character fate in this issue isn't going to stick.

And it would have made a lot more sense for a spoilers:
    Dark Multiverse version of Manhattan that was a merge with Superman, considering that was kinda the whole philosophical battle of DDC. But of course its a Batman version.
    end of spoilers
    One knock I do have so far is that despite this supposedly being a “Wonder Woman” event, there still aren’t any Dark Multiverse WW playing a major role.

Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar

I'm surprised how much I enjoyed Death Metal #1. It's fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    One knock I do have so far is that despite this supposedly being a “Wonder Woman” event, there still aren’t any Dark Multiverse WW playing a major role.
    Oh I knew there wouldn't be. Maybe that changes as the story goes on but I rather doubt it. This being a Wonder Woman event is a fallacy. Its a Bat event with her heavily involved, that's all. As everything around it from setting to plot is still Bat-centric just like the original. A true Wonder Woman event would be something that her mythos drives in largest part. I said it elsewhere, maybe here, but the Dark Multiverse would be more apt to be titled "Dark Batverse". That's really what it is, 90% of the time. The other 10% goes to the couple books they did featuring other characters, but that stopped quickly. For all intents and purposes as far as Snyder goes, its primarily a Batman well.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Yeah, I've tended think Wonder Woman would only be playing a bigger role here than in the first Metal is because of the movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Yeah, I've tended think Wonder Woman would only be playing a bigger role here than in the first Metal is because of the movie.
    I would totally agree with that.

Snyder just proved that he is basically stealing what Hickman did for Avengers and is doing it with Justice League...the INSTANT I saw that Map........

Metal = Infinity
    Justice League Run = Time Runs Out
    Heavy Metal = Secret Wars

Once I realized that...it both made me want to read it but also made it very clear that Snyder is not half the writer he and others act like he is...

And do NOT start with that "He started this in his Batman run" BS.

The Owls were never more than the new big 1st protag for New 52 Bats. They ended up being POPULAR and Snyder got new ideas.

THIS was not set up 8 years ago or anything like that, and trying to act like it was is showing your sticking to the blindfold you have on rather then having a discussion.

I think it is cool that Snyder was, pretty obviously NOW, influenced by Hickmans EPIC Avengers run...but DC seriously did not back this like Marvel did (for 1 thing) and Snyder did not hint at it because i think he KNOWS it is a pretty obvious rip on Secret Wars and he and DC would not have wanted that kind of press.

The fact I did not see anyone comment here post issue #1 release about the, now obvious, similarities.

If you want to have a discussion about this, i am all for it, but if you are unwilling to acknowledge the Blatant Similarities (ESPECIALLY after the release of issue #1) then you have a bias, plain and simple.
    Last edited by gambit2051; 06-17-2020 at 01:19 PM. Reason: Marvel to Avengers
    If you are going to refute, you need to do your own research.

Oh I knew there wouldn't be. Maybe that changes as the story goes on but I rather doubt it. This being a Wonder Woman event is a fallacy. Its a Bat event with her heavily involved, that's all. As everything around it from setting to plot is still Bat-centric just like the original. A true Wonder Woman event would be something that her mythos drives in largest part. I said it elsewhere, maybe here, but the Dark Multiverse would be more apt to be titled "Dark Batverse". That's really what it is, 90% of the time. The other 10% goes to the couple books they did featuring other characters, but that stopped quickly. For all intents and purposes as far as Snyder goes, its primarily a Batman well.
    Most definitely. I almost didn't read this because I'm sick of Batman at this point. It was fun, though, so I'll stick around.

This feeling will probably change if that guy actually does come back so I'm keeping my fingers crossed

Solicits seem to spoil already that he does. Unless they're purposely misleading.

I thought this was pretty rad. Big stakes, trying to bring a lot of different things together, but still had fun with it.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 06-17-2020 at 02:09 PM.

Solicits seem to spoil already that he does. Unless they're purposely misleading.
    It's possible that issue 3 is referring to his contingency plan that just went into motion. This new Bat character seems like it could be a menace on his own.

Of course, this is completely wishful thinking.

and considering how that character was created in the 1st place...that could answer a whole lot of the things they have been saying about who the star is...
    If you are going to refute, you need to do your own research.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    I thought this was pretty rad. Big stakes, trying to bring a lot of different things together, but still had fun with it.
    I was going to skip this back when everything was still normal and I had too much on my list but since I had room now I picked it up at the counter, and glad I did. Now I do remember being really excited when I picked up Metal, which was after a little bit of a break from monthly comics, and even though that title maybe tried to do too much, it was still worth reading, so I am expecting a lot of fun with this one too.

Quote Originally Posted by gambit2051 View Post
    Snyder just proved that he is basically stealing what Hickman did for Avengers and is doing it with Justice League...the INSTANT I saw that Map........

Metal = Infinity
    Justice League Run = Time Runs Out
    Heavy Metal = Secret Wars

Once I realized that...it both made me want to read it but also made it very clear that Snyder is not half the writer he and others act like he is...

And do NOT start with that "He started this in his Batman run" BS.

The Owls were never more than the new big 1st protag for New 52 Bats. They ended up being POPULAR and Snyder got new ideas.

THIS was not set up 8 years ago or anything like that, and trying to act like it was is showing your sticking to the blindfold you have on rather then having a discussion.

I think it is cool that Snyder was, pretty obviously NOW, influenced by Hickmans EPIC Avengers run...but DC seriously did not back this like Marvel did (for 1 thing) and Snyder did not hint at it because i think he KNOWS it is a pretty obvious rip on Secret Wars and he and DC would not have wanted that kind of press.

The fact I did not see anyone comment here post issue #1 release about the, now obvious, similarities.

If you want to have a discussion about this, i am all for it, but if you are unwilling to acknowledge the Blatant Similarities (ESPECIALLY after the release of issue #1) then you have a bias, plain and simple.
    Snyder namedropped Hickman as the main inspiration for this run. He’s never been anything less than upfront that his run is drawing on Hickman, just like Hickman drew on CoIE for his run. If you look at my post on page 9, one of the spoilers I listed is Snyder namedropping Hickman as the guy he’s trying to imitate with his long form storytelling. Now whether he succeeded in that’s up to you.