Page 14 of 60 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Really? Most of his stories of late have happy endings. Metal ended with them beating the BWL thanks to the power of friendship lol.
    The only thing he does right are happy endings, everything leading up to it is dark, edgy and mostly incoherent nonsense.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Doomsday Clock: "The DCU revolves around Superman!"

Death Metal: "No! the DCU revolves around Batman!"
    I think the argument could be made that Metal and Death Metal, because of the Dark Multiverse as the culprit, implies that all of the PROBLEMS with the DCU revolve around Batman. I mean, Batman and the Joker and their overexposure to be sure, but Generally, Batman. All this nightmarish cynical bullshit and the cycle of shock value, endless tedium and ill-fitting hype come from a demon universe ruled by a monstrous entity cloaked to resemble Batman.

Doomsday Clock shows that the DCU's endurance, its immune system, comes from the Man of Steel.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by K. Jones View Post
    I think the argument could be made that Metal and Death Metal, because of the Dark Multiverse as the culprit, implies that all of the PROBLEMS with the DCU revolve around Batman. I mean, Batman and the Joker and their overexposure to be sure, but Generally, Batman. All this nightmarish cynical bullshit and the cycle of shock value, endless tedium and ill-fitting hype come from a demon universe ruled by a monstrous entity cloaked to resemble Batman.

Doomsday Clock shows that the DCU's endurance, its immune system, comes from the Man of Steel.
    Don't worry. DC will find a way to undermine that soon enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yeah, we aren't going to see an issue of a Snyder book where Captain America and Iron Man try and kill each other while the world ends or stuff like the Illuminati.
    *Standing up and Applauding* too lazy to look for a Gif right now lol
    If you are going to refute, you need to do your own research.

I love this Idea.
    Bats is the Brain
    Supes the Body
    WW the Heart
    That should be how they present the Trinity. They have alluded to this idea, but they are too scared to stick to it. Which is SOP for DC.
    If you are going to refute, you need to do your own research.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Doomsday Clock: "The DCU revolves around Superman!"

Death Metal: "No! the DCU revolves around Batman!"
    Very good comment!
    Hated Metal, I miss the events like Crisis, Legends, Zero Hour, Final Night, Day of Judgment, Identity Crisis, Infinite Crisis, Blackest Night!
    Metal and Death Metal are salads of concepts and characters, I hope the Dark Multiverse will disappear when all this is over.

Quote Originally Posted by gambit2051 View Post
    I love this Idea.
    Bats is the Brain
    Supes the Body
    WW the Heart
    That should be how they present the Trinity. They have alluded to this idea, but they are too scared to stick to it. Which is SOP for DC.
    That's a very narrow view of pretty much all the Trinity.

Quote Originally Posted by jb681131 View Post
    It's not about opinion really, because anyone with a bit of Comics cultur, do say that Snyder is a so so writter, and that Metal is messy.
    It's just that Metal manages to get people hypped because of it's title and subject while it's a so so comics.
    Thus people missing out on better stuff, and people having a false opinion on comics, and the comics industry leaning torward bait comics and not quality comics.
    It is all opinion, as is your entire post. "So so comics"? "So so writer"? "Missing out on better stuff"? "Anyone with comics culture"? These are all your subjective opinions, not facts by any stretch of the imagination.

Also, what the hell is "comics culture" supposed to mean? Are you saying that anyone who's read Watchmen, V, or Dark Knight Returns would automatically find Metal messy? Preposterous.
    "Darkseid...always hated music..."

Every post I make, it should be assumed by the reader that the following statement is attached: "It's all subjective. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for you, and vice versa, and that's ok. You may have a different opinion on it, but this is mine. That's the wonderful thing about being a comics fan, it's all subjective."

Personally I’ve found that to some Snyder is an acquired taste that you either enjoy or do not. For me I like him as he generally does a pretty good job, for me at least, playing with the aspects of the dc universe. When he writes a comic I feel as though it is actually centered within the DC universe and plays with the parts of being in the universe as a whole, from characters to concepts. Not to mention that when he does write it has a lot of fun energy to it, I’m never bored and it’s usually catches my interest/makes me entertained.

So overall I really like this first issue, I think it plays with parts of the DC universe well overall, my favorites being the invisible jet and the black lantern ring, even if it changes them to an evil Batmen ruled hellscape. I will definitely be back for more unless something really egregious happens that makes me drop the book.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by joebleau View Post
    That was ..... really bad. no really really bad.

The art AND the writing.

feel like the 90 are back. big shoulder pad, spikes everywhere ...

and the story .... the only thing more confusing is the history of DC
    Exactly how I felt (the 90s part). "We are EXTREME, so BADASS"
    The Bat-bike made me cringe so hard.
    and man... the chainsaw of truth? come on.
    Last edited by poroto678; 06-18-2020 at 09:13 PM.
    - We were the BEST, Richard. No matter what anyone thinks. - Damian Wayne.

Green Lantern Spanish Fan Site HERE

Quote Originally Posted by gambit2051 View Post
    I love this Idea.
    Bats is the Brain
    Supes the Body
    WW the Heart
    It’s far too simplistic an idea to actually work as characterization.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    It’s far too simplistic an idea to actually work as characterization.
    Well, it's not like dc doesn't have a history of writing something too damn simple and calling it complex. So, don't count him out. They might actually go through with it.

Incredible Member

You know I'd be impressed if this whole event was some hidden meta commentary on how DC is willing to make everything dark and depressing so long as they have batman come out on top but given how he has handled the other two thirds of the trinity I doubt it.
    From his whole attempt at tower of babel but finding a worse means of defeating superman, to his forgettable run on a superman comic to most recently having wonder woman on the council of batmans as batmage, it just gives off the impression he's in it for pretty much batman and that's it.

Quote Originally Posted by ssupes View Post
    You know I'd be impressed if this whole event was some hidden meta commentary on how DC is willing to make everything dark and depressing so long as they have batman come out on top but given how he has handled the other two thirds of the trinity I doubt it.
    From his whole attempt at tower of babel but finding a worse means of defeating superman, to his forgettable run on a superman comic to most recently having wonder woman on the council of batmans as batmage, it just gives off the impression he's in it for pretty much batman and that's it.
    I mean that's Snyder. He tells you it's about someone else but he needs to make it about Batman and how great he is.

Batman can just just a black ring no problem. One of him is Doctor Manhatten because of course. So on, so forth. Diana is supposed to be the unifying character for the forces of good in this, but that just sounds like she's going to bring Batman his win on a silver platter.

Snyder has some stories I like, but Justice League really killed any good will I had for the guy. I'm buying this for Capullo's art and then I'm out.

It's a shame to because he has his eyes on the JSA and Nightwing, both of which are favorites of mine, but each project just seems like he's getting further away from himself.

I'll be surprised if this doesn't end with all of them holding hands and hoping really hard, then some heavy exposition about a geographical location and ending with "but really, Batman and the Joker are kind of buds."

I have read all of dark knights metal, hell arisen and the first batman/superman arc. Do I have to read Snyder's justice league or can I skip it to follow dkdm?