Page 15 of 60 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    I'll be surprised if this doesn't end with all of them holding hands and hoping really hard, then some heavy exposition about a geographical location and ending with "but really, Batman and the Joker are kind of buds."
    That's exactly how Doom won in Justice League, but the opposite. Remember, everyone was racing to find pieces of the Totality, or whatever they were going to the past and future for. Legion of Doom wanted it, Justice League wanted it for Starman - whoever got it was going to win. And in the end - pfffft. A pointless arc. Filler, and the fun of introducing the JSA.

What actually happened is that Doom won out strictly because humanity decided to side with the dark side, which basically meant they gave in to self-centeredness over generosity. I guess that meant raping and pillaging or something.

So there's no reason why Death Metal won't end with hoping really really hard to have nice things again.

Someone wrote they hope the Multiverse goes away. Back in Tales from the Dark Multiverse, Tempus Fuginaut, who narrated it kind of like Rod Serling, said "Everything you fear lives here, as its own world. In the past, these worlds vanished when the fear was quelled. But lately, with the source wall broken and the crisis coming, things have changed... become unstable. Worlds down here are mutating, taking on lives of their own, living beyond the imaginations of their creators. I am here now to see if any of these worlds might be helpful in the coming fight... to see if new heroes, forged in the fires of our fears, might live here in this terrible place. If none exist... I fear we may all be damned to darkness."

Some observations about that:

1) As that series progressed, that notion (that in this exploration, some helpful worlds and heroes might be found) was utterly abandoned. Not just that no hero was found. Also not that all was damned to darkness. It was just forgotten. The series was just a bunch of non-connected Elseworlds.

2) If, however, we take that as having ANYTHING to do with ANYTHING - and the chances that Snyder or anyone else will give that series a second thought are surely zero - then after the "coming fight" and if the source wall is repaired, things might go back to how they were. Which is, that the Dark Multiverse would still be there but would go back to the nightmare place it "used to be" where fears manifest as nightmare worlds and then disintegrate.

Don't count on it though. As long as DC can make money off of Jokerized Batman, we'll be getting Jokerized Batman.

On another matter, regarding whether the end of Death Metal #1 sticks, something I personally would look forward to would be:

spoilers:
    No more difficult-to-read red and crinkly font on black background. Which I find even harder to read on the glossy paper this series is being printed on. While lots of people have complained about the font, I've never heard anyone ever say something actually likable about it. But maybe fans of it have never had any reason to speak up. I think opinions range from neutral to hate.
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Because of recent events, Warren Elis T-rex Batman storry is removed from the upcoming dark nights metal tie-in. it will be replaced with a story by marguerite bennett.

https://twitter.com/RyanHigginsRyan/...25604967690241

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Witch View Post
    I have read all of dark knights metal, hell arisen and the first batman/superman arc. Do I have to read Snyder's justice league or can I skip it to follow dkdm?
    I read all of DKM, the No Justice series, a couple issues of JL, and Hell Arisen and had no trouble following this. Knowing Snyder, if there is anything relevant from JL, he is going to spend 3 pages explaining what it really meant to the whole DCU anyway.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ohfellow View Post
    That's exactly how Doom won in Justice League, but the opposite. Remember, everyone was racing to find pieces of the Totality, or whatever they were going to the past and future for. Legion of Doom wanted it, Justice League wanted it for Starman - whoever got it was going to win. And in the end - pfffft. A pointless arc. Filler, and the fun of introducing the JSA.

What actually happened is that Doom won out strictly because humanity decided to side with the dark side, which basically meant they gave in to self-centeredness over generosity. I guess that meant raping and pillaging or something.

So there's no reason why Death Metal won't end with hoping really really hard to have nice things again.

Someone wrote they hope the Multiverse goes away. Back in Tales from the Dark Multiverse, Tempus Fuginaut, who narrated it kind of like Rod Serling, said "Everything you fear lives here, as its own world. In the past, these worlds vanished when the fear was quelled. But lately, with the source wall broken and the crisis coming, things have changed... become unstable. Worlds down here are mutating, taking on lives of their own, living beyond the imaginations of their creators. I am here now to see if any of these worlds might be helpful in the coming fight... to see if new heroes, forged in the fires of our fears, might live here in this terrible place. If none exist... I fear we may all be damned to darkness."

Some observations about that:

1) As that series progressed, that notion (that in this exploration, some helpful worlds and heroes might be found) was utterly abandoned. Not just that no hero was found. Also not that all was damned to darkness. It was just forgotten. The series was just a bunch of non-connected Elseworlds.

2) If, however, we take that as having ANYTHING to do with ANYTHING - and the chances that Snyder or anyone else will give that series a second thought are surely zero - then after the "coming fight" and if the source wall is repaired, things might go back to how they were. Which is, that the Dark Multiverse would still be there but would go back to the nightmare place it "used to be" where fears manifest as nightmare worlds and then disintegrate.

Don't count on it though. As long as DC can make money off of Jokerized Batman, we'll be getting Jokerized Batman.

On another matter, regarding whether the end of Death Metal #1 sticks, something I personally would look forward to would be:

spoilers:
    No more difficult-to-read red and crinkly font on black background. Which I find even harder to read on the glossy paper this series is being printed on. While lots of people have complained about the font, I've never heard anyone ever say something actually likable about it. But maybe fans of it have never had any reason to speak up. I think opinions range from neutral to hate.
    end of spoilers
    That's how a lot of his stories end. He has a few tricks he keeps pulling and, to his credit, he's gotten better at them... But it keeps going on.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Because of recent events, Warren Elis T-rex Batman storry is removed from the upcoming dark nights metal tie-in. it will be replaced with a story by marguerite bennett.
    Just another reason to ignore it. The day the stuff about Ellis and Stewart started trending, i actually decided to try and research them both. Ellis was just an ******* in Relationships (and quite possibly 1 that never realized it because he is that self-centered. His writing even comes off that way imo) but he has NEVER Groomed Teenage Women like Stewart has a HISTORY of doing (The fact DC allowed him to write Batgirl...that Editor needs to be removed from their position...).
    Ellis even released an incredibly well written Twitter Response.
    This could be Ellis' decision, but i doubt it due to the Stewart stuff and the Timing linking the 2 when they are accused of VERY DIFFERENT Behavior.

Stewart's is Criminal and Sick.

Ellis is in need of Introspection, which is sounds like he is going to work on. He has never been someone that it seemed like was thinking much about how his own behavior impacted others, but having some Ex's come out and Publicly....well, that could cause someone like him to wake up a bit.
    If you are going to refute, you need to do your own research.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    That's a very narrow view of pretty much all the Trinity.
    Every idea of the Trinity has revolved around their OWN Simple Concepts...the idea of a Trinity and actually constantly acknowledging it but letting the writer decide what it means for their story is just Chaos. Which is what has been going on...except for the failed weekly Trinity series and the less said about that the better.

Simple Concepts are what you need for something like a Trinity of a Publishing Company...Simple allows untold # of plot possibilities to expand upon it (or to collapse in to) around that central Theme.

Or would you prefer it takes a 2 Page Paper for each Character to explain how they are a part of the Trinity that DC, and the characters, and the other heroes all openly are aware of...and then writers write various 1 Off Explanations that are quickly forgotten bc even the writer will decide it was dumb.

This is something that DC itself has been trying to Define for over a Decade now.

While Marvel barely cares about the idea of Cap, IM, and Thor are their own Trinity (to the point that it wasn't until after Siege and it had been something like 8 years since they were all alive and together in the Comics, that they released a mini-series about it, but even then it was about rebuilding their trust for each other).
    If you are going to refute, you need to do your own research.

God I can't remember the last time I saw Valhalla Cemetery, I think it was actually the start of the David Goyer JSA run...so I guess it's oddly fitting then huh.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Astonishing Member

Just one question after last issue.
    How the hell are they going to beat him now?)

Well there was a big clue for that earlier in the issue.

Are we getting a GL in this series?

Yeah I didn’t expect what happened at all, probably should have but I genuinely didn’t see it coming.

Besides that there were some pretty good moments that I liked, Wally and Jay for certain is my favorite among them.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Are we getting a GL in this series?
    Yes but probably not one you are thinking about.
    Last edited by sifighter; 07-14-2020 at 05:22 AM.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    Just one question after last issue.
    How the hell are they going to beat him now?)
    Wally West seems like the only one who could fight him? But also Perputua mentioned the "hand" with power above her, so I guess whoever she is referring to could also be a chalenger.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Wally West seems like the only one who could fight him? But also Perputua mentioned the "hand" with power above her, so I guess whoever she is referring to could also be a chalenger.
    Scott seems like he wants to break all the rules, so I imagine she's going to beat up the Presence while Wally jobs to you-know-who.

Aside from some great moments ("bring it in"), this issue was pretty dumb, I'm sorry to say. Thus far, Death Metal has been a big letdown. :/

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Yes but probably not one you are thinking about.
    Well who knows.