Page 2 of 60 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast
    Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Hard pass for me.
    I didn't pick up Metal and have no interest in this either.
    Different strokes for different folks...
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Capullo's art is worth it. Will check it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/am...-story-1278849

More at link. Honestly I’m looking forward to this but I know how you guys feel about Snyder lol.
    Oh god.

As if the DCU isn’t nihilistic enough currently.
    Pull List: Currently Empty

Astonishing Member failo.legendkiller's Avatar

Another giant pass for me.
    Exhausted by this direction, tired of Snyder, further and further away from this DC.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

May to July, September to November... is this why there's a 5G because most of the heroes are swallowed by Dark Multiverse energy?

I guess Synder's a real Metalhead.

This looks bonkers so I'm in. Enjoyed the 1st one and this time the focus is on Diana which is a welcome change.

Supes grew his hair out and got some knuckle dusters. Very metal.

Quote Originally Posted by Rod G View Post
    Oh god.

As if the DCU isn’t nihilistic enough currently.
    I’ve never really got the whole “nihilistic” complaints. They literally beat Barbatos and BWL with the power of friendship in Metal.

Incredible Member

I just hope there are DC titles unaffected by this endless event, otherwise 2020 is a Marvel year....

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I’ve never really got the whole “nihilistic” complaints. They literally beat Barbatos and BWL with the power of friendship in Metal.
    Yeah I never quite got that either, granted yes it looks apocalyptic but generally from what I’ve seen Snyder likes to write his characters as down but not out and that there is still some hope. I mean Last Knight literally had a dc apocalyptic hellscape with a living joker head...and it had a fairly happy ending so I assume he and Capullo just do it for the esthetic.

Quote Originally Posted by beetee View Post
    I just hope there are DC titles unaffected by this endless event, otherwise 2020 is a Marvel year....
    I mean around this time DC just announced its monthly Generations one-shot, Joker war will apparently be a thing, Shazam is fighting Superboy prime, Grant Morrison will be doing his Green Lantern thing....and that’s just what I can name off the top of my head from random announcements for May. But I think somethings might go on, especially since with death metal and generations some of the ongoings probably gotta do some wrap up in the coming months for whatever new things may come like characters and new creative teams.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by failo.legendkiller View Post
    Another giant pass for me.
    Exhausted by this direction, tired of Snyder, further and further away from this DC.
    I'm in that boat. I've always been all in on big company events and crossovers but too, too often I'm left disappointed and I'm done with Snyder even if DC isn't. After 40+ years of comics reading, I'm finally ready to just read what I enjoy and if I'm missing out on a multiversal crisis/reset/clusterf**k...I'm good.

They really should have had TBWL go away for a while after Metal. He’s been soooo overused. Having him show up in the Metal sequel is a huge disappointment.

He’s basically just The Joker wearing a different costume.

BANNED

I've continuously praised Court of Owls, but aside from that, I haven't read any Snyder work that I've liked. His Justice League was atrocious, and was, frankly, in my opinion, not up to a professional standard, so I'm not interested in this.

Quote Originally Posted by beetee View Post
    So you're going from one company with endless events to another company with endless events...

Honestly, it sounds exciting. But I was excited for "Dark Nights Metal, and I felt it ultimately fell real flat. Like there was no real ending and all the big flashy points were just flashy points. Like I didn't want a "Civil War 2", I don't want a "Dark Nights Metal 2". For the cool cover art, I will save some PNGs of the preview covers. And I still have no sense for what threads DC is running with into the future, and I am not going to chase the various dangling threads any more. DC Universe will keep me entertained for less than $10 a month the rest of this year.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Scott Snyder talks about Death Metal at the C2E2 '20: Super Heroes of DC Panel:

"Snyder says Death Metal is going to be "bigger and better" than they initially planned. Two pages from Death Metal are being shown. WW "for reasons unexplained"... Themyscira has been turned into hell, where all the villains are kept. She's melting down the invisible jet. Swamp Thing is there - a character Greg Capullo has been chomping at the bit to draw. Expect a Batman monster truck, Swamp Thing with sunglasses, and more. In addition to the original 5 Dark Knights from Metal, there's more - a Cthulhu Dark Knight, and many others. Including one that's a Bruce Wayne AI which takes over the Dinosaur from the Batcave. There's also a Batcastle, "a sentient Gotham." Superman is trapped in New Apocalypse, and forced to power the sun and so he's using a machine that's a tribute to All-Star Superman. In this world, Batman has escaped the Batman Who Laughs and so you'll see his methodology of fighting back is to get a Black Lantern ring to bring back the dead to fight BWL. The thing I'd say about Death Metal, is it connects all the stuff you've read from Crisis on Infinite Earths through Doomsday Clock, and a couple more. This story is about taking everything, and making sense of it. If everything before has been a Crisis, this is called the Anti-Crisis. This takes everything and makes it all work."

Source: https://www.newsarama.com/49192-c2e2...-dc-panel.html

"“I’ve been waiting to do this story since we finished Dark Nights: Metal,” Snyder added in a subsequent statement. “As much as it was a complete event, we left some threads hanging there for sure. I’d hoped that if people liked the first series enough, we’d have a chance to set up something bigger, and that’s our plan for Death Metal.”

“For all of us, Dark Nights: Death Metal is about the fun factor,” adds Capullo. “Comics should be fun, bombastic, and over-the-top. This series is going to be exciting and jam-packed with great ‘metal-esque’ moments that will make fans lose their minds when they see them.”

In Dark Nights: Death Metal, Superman is imprisoned in a machine that powers the sun following the events of "Year of the Villain," while Batman leads a resistance against Perpetua, who has conquered Earth - and Wonder Woman meets someone who offers her the power to defeat the evil that now faces down the Justice League.

“Dark Nights: Metal was an absolute game-changer for DC,” stated DC SVP and editor-in-chief Bob Harras. “It was a crazy roller-coaster ride that gave us not only the Batman Who Laughs, but a story that was so crazy over-the-top, it kept our readers on the edge of their seats with every issue, and I expect Scott, Greg, FCO, and Jonathan will tell a story with even higher stakes, and definitely more Joker dragons!”"

Source: https://www.newsarama.com/49249-dc-s...s-c2e2-20.html
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 02-29-2020 at 03:05 PM.