Page 20 of 60 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    Solitications for October issues is out. There are some spoilers.
    DARK NIGHTS: DEATH METAL #4

Written by SCOTT SNYDER

Art and card stock foil cover by GREG CAPULLO and JONATHAN GLAPION

Darkseid card stock ariant cover by DAVID FINCH

Superboy-Prime card stock variant cover by ALEX GARNER

Green Lantern John Stewart card stock variant cover by STANLEY "ARTGERM" LAU

Card stock variant cover by DOUG MAHNKE

1:100 black-and-white card stock variant cover by GREG CAPULLO and JONATHAN GLAPION

Wonder Woman, Batman, and Superman are trapped in nightmare worlds within the Dark Multiverse! They'll need to face down their fiercest foes once again if they hope to accomplish their mission and bring back a power capable of stopping the Darkest Knight. But what horrors has he unleased on Earth while they've been locked away?!

32 pages, $4.99, in stores on Oct. 13.

DARK NIGHTS: DEATH METAL RISE OF THE NEW GOD #1

Written by JAMES TYNION IV and BRYAN HILL

Art by JESUS MERINO and NIK VIRELLA

Cover by IAN BERTRAM (shown here)

Card stock variant cover by BOSSLOGIC

Batman. Always. Wins. This irrevocable truth resonates to the very heart of Perpetua's battle with the Batman Who Laughs...and when her ally reveals his absolute nature, she will upend this mantra and destroy the last planet. His planet. But that's not enough...and the mother of all creation must wonder, if power lies in destruction, why would she ever stop? But that's the thing about truth...when it turns to fact, there's no disputing its godlike reverence...and so enters the Darkest Knight. Featuring a backup story that spins out of the cliffhanger from Dark Nights: Death Metal Multiverse's End #1.

48 pages, $5.99, in stores on Oct. 27.

DARK KNIGHTS: DEATH METAL ROBIN KING #1

Written by PETER J. TOMASI and TONY PATRICK

Art by RILEY ROSSMO backup story

Back-up Art by DANIEL SAMPERE

Cover by RILEY ROSSMO

Card stock ariant cover by JEREMY ROBERTS

With a utility belt filled to the brim with weapons designed to kill every hero in the DCU, Robin King is the most sadistic soldier in the Darkest Knight evil army! Can anyone stop him from laying waste to Earth's last line of defense? And how did he become one of the Batman Who Laugh's groblins in the first place? And in the backup story, can the Robins liberate Gotham City from the Darkest Knight's control?

48 pages, $5.99.
    Sounds like a whole lotta Batman in what's supposed to be a DCU event.
    Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    He does it to further his own personal petty vengeance and impact of his ptsd of his parents on the world. Not because he wants to push past his own boundaries. That just became one of the means. There is nothing inspirational about that. He isn't rock lee or heck! Even goku who are actively trying to break their own limits to get better. It's not a means to the end for these guys. It's a way of life. It's abit obsessive but you can't fault a guy to try to be the best he can be. I wouldn't call bruce wayne inspirational at all.

If he really wants to break his own limits as human. He wouldn't be look for "cheats" to betray his own companions . He would be searching for means to improve himself. I had called superman's muscles built on hot air. Bruce's strength is laughable at best.His strength is poor spirited.
    It's not petty. It's personal but he truly believes in helping people and ending crime against all odds.

And Bruce is constantly looking for ways to improve his war on crime and the city of Gotham.

Astonishing Member

Did I understand correctly, BWL will get rid of Perpetua after all?

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

So TBWL places himself one step below The Presence. Way to undermine your entire catalogue of IP by establishing that Batman is better than all creation of given the chance. Really starting to hate Snyder's impact at DC. Ugh.

Astonishing Member

Casual fans absolutely love him. His mini sold like gangbusters. The character is narratively devoid of value but its stupid gimmick plays into the fanbase DC has cultivated for 40 years. Where the only thing that matters is Batman and Joker.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    So TBWL places himself one step below The Presence. Way to undermine your entire catalogue of IP by establishing that Batman is better than all creation of given the chance. Really starting to hate Snyder's impact at DC. Ugh.
    I really hope when death metal ends, we get a writer like Al Ewing reshaping DC's cosmos.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    I really hope when death metal ends, we get a writer like Al Ewing reshaping DC's cosmos.
    At the very least The Presence as the One True God has to go. Monotheistic God shouldn't be place above Darkseid, Zeus or any other God/Goddess really.

Quote Originally Posted by Dred View Post
    Casual fans absolutely love him. His mini sold like gangbusters. The character is narratively devoid of value but its stupid gimmick plays into the fanbase DC has cultivated for 40 years. Where the only thing that matters is Batman and Joker.
    I don't know why...
    Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    At the very least The Presence as the One True God has to go. Monotheistic God shouldn't be place above Darkseid, Zeus or any other God/Goddess really.
    If you're going to acknowledge he exists, you kind of have to because that's His whole deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Dred View Post
    It hasn't actually been that long, it didn't really start becoming obnoxious till around the mid-to-late aughts. And even then it wasn't quite as intolerable as its become under Snyder's watch, which says something to the depth of Snyder's Batwanking. Its on another level, he puts even Timm to shame now.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 07-17-2020 at 01:43 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    If you're going to acknowledge he exists, you kind of have to because that's His whole deal.
    Each Pantheon being the real one is kind of all their deal. The Presence should just be a Pantheon of One, so stronger than any one God/Goddess but certainly not stronger than all.

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    Each Pantheon being the real one is kind of all their deal. The Presence should just be a Pantheon of One, so stronger than any one God/Goddess but certainly not stronger than all.
    I know, but I don't think this makes the others any less real but just acknowledges the mythic element of God.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by gambit2051 View Post
    I love this Idea.
    Bats is the Brain
    Supes the Body
    WW the Heart
    That should be how they present the Trinity. They have alluded to this idea, but they are too scared to stick to it. Which is SOP for DC.
    Correct me if im wrong isnt supes the heart? Plus batman is more body than brain since hes the pinnacle of hardworking human perfection

I don't know, I actually like The Presence and the Spectre's tie to Him. For what it's worth, I'm an atheist so it's not a case of wanting my religion to be top dog. Just from a pure fantasy element, I enjoy knowing there's a cut above everything we read that cannot be toppled and usually He doesn't come into play in banal ways.

I see why it doesn't work for others, but I enjoy the Presence as presented.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    I don't know, I actually like The Presence and the Spectre's tie to Him. For what it's worth, I'm an atheist so it's not a case of wanting my religion to be top dog. Just from a pure fantasy element, I enjoy knowing there's a cut above everything we read that cannot be toppled and usually He doesn't come into play in banal ways.

I see why it doesn't work for others, but I enjoy the Presence as presented.
    Instead of making a humanoid creator. They could just make the metaverse or multiverse itself the being presence and link him to spectre. In a sense, there is no god. There is only the verses that pop in and out of existence.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 07-17-2020 at 09:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SpideyCeo View Post
    Correct me if im wrong isnt supes the heart? Plus batman is more body than brain since hes the pinnacle of hardworking human perfection
    Lip service. Batman is singlehandedly keeping DC afloat these days, DC has mismanaged their characters so badly that all they know how to do is fall back on Batman. Batman is the brains, the heart, the soul, and the cash cow. If Batman ever suffers a drop in popularity, DC is ****ed. They have no one else to fall back on anymore. It’s frustrating because despite how much I complain about his overexposure, he’s still one of my favorite characters. But his fanboys run every division of DC these days and their love of him demands they make him the primary character of every medium to the detriment of everyone else. Dread it, run from it, Batman arrives all the same .

I was hopeful that WW and Aquaman would get more push after their success but DC hasn’t done ****.

Ah well I’m enjoying Death Metal and I’ll keep reading but this is a Batman event, don’t let anyone tell you different. Was really hoping this would be a WW event that would finally redeem DC for the only Wondy event being that Amazons Attack garbage.
    Last edited by Vordan; 07-17-2020 at 11:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Lip service. Batman is singlehandedly keeping DC afloat these days, DC has mismanaged their characters so badly that all they know how to do is fall back on Batman. Batman is the brains, the heart, the soul, and the cash cow. If Batman ever suffers a drop in popularity, DC is ****ed. They have no one else to fall back on anymore. It’s frustrating because despite how much I complain about his overexposure, he’s still one of my favorite characters. But his fanboys run every division of DC these days and their love of him demands they make him the primary character of every medium to the detriment of everyone else. Dread it, run from it, Batman arrives all the same .

I was hopeful that WW and Aquaman would get more push after their success but DC hasn’t done ****.

Ah well I’m enjoying Death Metal and I’ll keep reading but this is a Batman event, don’t let anyone tell you different. Was really hoping this would be a WW event that would finally redeem DC for the only Wondy event being that Amazons Attack garbage.
    You nailed it. I actually really enjoy Batman (particularly the Bronze Age iteration) but the way he creeps into everyone else's run and reminds you how much editorial wishes you'd stop reading their other books so they can just quintuple down on Bruce. I believe you brought this up on the Superman boards, but Clark doesn't show up in Bruce's books nearly as much as the inverse, and whenever any character needs to think about martial arts, investigation, intimidation or intelligence, they always think of Bruce.

Not their own supporting casts, just the guy DC wishes you'd be reading instead of who you're currently reading about. It just sucks. Even in this supposed WW event (who really thought Snyder could help himself), it's about an evil Batman achieving multiversal godhood and using Anti-Monitor level threats into footnotes. It's just gone too far.

The Witching Hour was a lot more of a Wonder Woman event, and frankly was a lot more enjoyable an issue in than this mess has been.