Page 22 of 60 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Eto View Post
    This comic is basically saying: yo whatever *nods at Doomsday Clock*
    Yep, Scott Snyder has always done his own shitty ****. I wish he would do once a good story from start to end ! He hasn't so far in any of his titles.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Yeah, the character sounds pretty cringy. But I imagine he will attract the same audience batman who laughs has, which is somehow pretty big.
    As it is, I don't think the general audience reads because they care about the DCU so much as because they want to see Batman and rad visuals. They're not also well-versed in comics enough to know who Judge Death is and how TBWL borrows heavily from his design. The last isn't their fault, but he really is just a very braindead, corporate idea and it sells. I guess the Robin King is pretty similar and will definitely be popular because of it.

Who could have guessed people with garbage taste love the taste of garbage.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Is Snyder done with Batman and DC after Metal finally?

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    Is Snyder done with Batman and DC after Metal finally?
    Batman? Supposedly but you know how Snyder is. He keeps saying “this is my last Batman story” but he keeps doing more.

DC? No. He’s involved in planning for what’s going to happen after Death Metal wraps up. He may be writing an ongoing too. He will be done with big bombastic storytelling or so he claims though. He’ll probably take a back seat after this, he’s going to do more creator owned work.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Batman? Supposedly but you know how Snyder is. He keeps saying “this is my last Batman story” but he keeps doing more.

DC? No. He’s involved in planning for what’s going to happen after Death Metal wraps up. He may be writing an ongoing too. He will be done with big bombastic storytelling or so he claims though. He’ll probably take a back seat after this, he’s going to do more creator owned work.
    He's also said he wants to bring back his DC writing class so other writers can come in next year, we'll see. I'd love it if other writers got to lead DC for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by jb681131 View Post
    Yep, Scott Snyder has always done his own shitty ****. I wish he would do once a good story from start to end ! He hasn't so far in any of his titles.
    I'm really trying to get into the Dark Universe stuff but it's so bloody confusing and messes. To me its just too complex for the sake of being complex. And yes, I hate that Batman has literally became a Bat-God.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    As it is, I don't think the general audience reads because they care about the DCU so much as because they want to see Batman and rad visuals. They're not also well-versed in comics enough to know who Judge Death is and how TBWL borrows heavily from his design. The last isn't their fault, but he really is just a very braindead, corporate idea and it sells. I guess the Robin King is pretty similar and will definitely be popular because of it.

Who could have guessed people with garbage taste love the taste of garbage.
    I feel i should know who is Judge Death but i can't remember rim. So....who is the guy?
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    I feel i should know who is Judge Death but i can't remember rim. So....who is the guy?
    Famous antagonist from the Judge Dredd comics. BMWL seems to draw a lot of inspiration from his look.

BANNED

Really good event. I'm glad everyone in this thread is enjoying it.

Bummer to hear Snyder is leaving the main dcu soon, always been a fan of his additions, as wacky and complicated as they could get. Hope he still teams up with Capullo.

*sigh* there’s going to be even less stuff to get exited for besides King and Bendis’s nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by Jody Garland View Post
    Famous antagonist from the Judge Dredd comics. BMWL seems to draw a lot of inspiration from his look.
    Thanks, i just looked it up and yup it looks a lot like him.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post

Lmao so true. He's been saying for years that he'll be done writing Batman.

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    Bummer to hear Snyder is leaving the main dcu soon, always been a fan of his additions, as wacky and complicated as they could get. Hope he still teams up with Capullo.

*sigh* there’s going to be even less stuff to get exited for besides King and Bendis’s nonsense.
    Good for you. I'm happy to see him leave.
    He might have good ideas at first, but can bright them throu correctly. Always awfull writting and terrible endings.
    Not one of his stories (American Vampire, Batman, Justice League, Metal, Swamp Thing) has good conclusion. All are messy and complicated.
    And Capullo, let's hope he learns to organize a page, to draw faces and actions correctly before saying he's a genius.

They are both disapointment. But Snyder has made so much messes that I don't understand why he's been allowed so much and why he's so popular.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Looks like there will be several more death metal one shots before the series ends..these titles are listed as part of the upcoming collections of the tie-ins

Dark Nights: Death Metal Infinite Hour Exxxtreme! #1

Dark Nights: Death Metal The Multiverse Who Laughs #1

Dark Nights: Death Metal The Secret Origin #1.

Dark Nights: Death Metal The Last 52: War of the Multiverse #1

Dark Nights: Death Metal The Last Stories of the DCU #1.

Definitely some interesting names for these one shots, I hope Morrison writes one with how much the multiverse is at play.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Looks like there will be several more death metal one shots before the series ends..these titles are listed as part of the upcoming collections of the tie-ins

Dark Nights: Death Metal Infinite Hour Exxxtreme! #1

Dark Nights: Death Metal The Multiverse Who Laughs #1

Dark Nights: Death Metal The Secret Origin #1.

Dark Nights: Death Metal The Last 52: War of the Multiverse #1

Dark Nights: Death Metal The Last Stories of the DCU #1.

Definitely some interesting names for these one shots, I hope Morrison writes one with how much the multiverse is at play.
    Honestly I expected more one-shots to bolster the line of comics before the assumed relaunch of comics, given series ending, so not at all surprised to see these.

As for what I’ll read that will really depend on the creative teams and the characters involved/what impact it will have on the story itself. I’m definitely interested in seeing what Secret Origin is about, I feel like may be something interesting because of the name. However it’s still a wait and see situation
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.