Page 24 of 60 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526272834 ... LastLast
    Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

So that was the reveal. What a joke. Hah.

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    This is a joke. I thought Death Metal was supposed to be a Diana event but Synder just can't help himself. Can't say I blame DC green lighting this event though. Market demands for TBWL so that's what we get.
    It wasn't that he couldn't help himself, rather this was just always the plan. Calling it a Wonder Woman event was always just a half-truth.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 08-04-2020 at 01:54 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

TBWL is LAUGHABLY OMNISCIENT...that seems to be his REAL Super Power...Omniscience and Context Sensitive Teleportation...Snyder proved this with his LAUGHABLE explanation of the Bathattan...*shutter in so many bad ways*...i mean...I honestly can not remember a MORE Laughably Overpowered CHARACTER as TBWL has been since day 1. I understand having favorites, but whatever Snyder has for TBWL is BEYOND that...

Death Metal can not END soon enough

and the Robin King could have been an actual twist where Damian succeeded in killing his father after he turned but not until he killed the rest of the Bat Family in that ambush. Then have Damian be infected with a personally modified version of the strain he was infected with and have a version of TBWL die laughing at what he unleashed in his son...but that sounds too obvious that it sounds boring doesn't it...
    If you are going to refute, you need to do your own research.

synder should have stopped after Metal. That was fun and bombastic. Death metal feels like a meme. Pick a DC character, any Dc character and add Bat. It's overkill.

the bat wank is just off the charts. How can a writer inject so much bat into a comic without realising that they might be overdoing it?

Is this just a ploy to sell action figures because that what it felt like reading this. Advertising. Introducing new DC actionfigures feature all DC heroes except they are now all Batman and edgy.

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    synder should have stopped after Metal. That was fun and bombastic. Death metal feels like a meme. Pick a DC character, any Dc character and add Bat. It's overkill.

the bat wank is just off the charts. How can a writer inject so much bat into a comic without realising that they might be overdoing it?

Is this just a ploy to sell action figures because that what it felt like reading this. Advertising. Introducing new DC actionfigures feature all DC heroes except they are now all Batman and edgy.
    Giving how the McFarlane DC toys line is dominated by upcoming figures from the first Metal, yeah some of this comes off as giving McFarlane more Batman toy ideas.

Fantastic Member qwertyuiop1998's Avatar

The entire Death Metal is like some joke or fan fiction so far. Picking something and merging with Batman, Then you get a new character and more toys to sell.
    "Dangerous Zombie! Transform!! Click And Load! Buggle UP! Danger! Danger! Death The Crisis! Dangerous Zombie!" Kamen Rider Gemn
    (In first he's mysterious and evil and now he's psycho and crazy and insane and evil AND "The Meme Lord"LOL.)

Got to sadly agree here. I really loved Metal, still do. But the follow-up with Perpetua and Apex Lex... it was uneven, with some real great issues and some very meh...

But this event, it kind of lack the fun of Metal, you know ? And it's such a misuse of an awesome concept, The Dark Multiverse, it's just a shame.

You know I wouldn't mind if DC operated on this model a lot of the toy figures being dropped or released now are from the first Metal event
    Making the DCU more toyetic is a novel idea but you have to make everything like that

Unfortunately its more than that; this is just the most egregious means yet of showing how DC just wants him everywhere. But there's more examples. I mean, Bendis plans on injecting a lot more Batman themes into the Legion too. DC is on a mission to inject him into every nook and cranny of the DCU, and the creators oblige, be it happily or otherwise. No other lore is safe from this.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 08-05-2020 at 12:10 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    So that was the reveal. What a joke. Hah.
    Death Metal itself has been one long, unfunny and incoherent terrible joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Unfortunately its more than that; this is just the most egregious means yet of showing how DC just wants him everywhere. But there's more examples. I mean, Bendis plans on injecting a lot more Batman themes into the Legion too. DC is on a mission to inject him into every nook and cranny of the DCU, and the creators oblige, be it happily or otherwise. No other lore is safe from this.
    Legion is one of the few places where Batman has no legacy left in the future even with Batman Beyond nada

There is definitely a Batman legacy now. There's already the "Planet Gotham" concept and Bendis confirmed stronger Bat themes coming.

http://www.multiversitycomics.com/in...dis-interview/
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 08-05-2020 at 12:58 PM.

BANNED

There is definitely a Batman legacy now. There's already the "Planet Gotham" concept and Bendis confirmed stronger Bat themes coming.

http://www.multiversitycomics.com/in...dis-interview/
    So superman went from being the greatest hero in the world, the inspiration of the future, to being the father of Jonathan, the legion would not even know who is superman if it were not for Jon. But Batman is important. for sure next year, batman is the last son of krypton, best reporter in metropolis.

Also we'll find out that a Wayne was the first from Man's World to step foot on Paradise Island, not Steve, and a Wayne discovered the Speed Force.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 08-05-2020 at 03:50 PM.

Also we'll find out that a Wayne was the first from Man's World to step foot on Paradise Island, not Steve, and a Wayne discovered the Speed Force.
    And his will was too much for a Green Lantern ring to handle.