Page 27 of 60 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829303137 ... LastLast

It's preview time for issue #3 with Batseid, Batiniac, Batrocitus, and....the Silver Batfer? Okay I will admit its becoming a bit of a joke now just cramming all these weird batmen in, some just for window dressing. I like this event and I'm even questioning how Batman mixed with Atrocitus works.

Anyway, It's the prison break of Apokolips issue and then we take a month off for tie-ins.

https://www.gamesradar.com/preview-s...death-metal-3/
    Last edited by sifighter; 08-07-2020 at 11:26 AM.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Now, that little monologue from Batseid is interesting. Especially the bit about Batmen from the Dark Multiverse being destroyers while the Superman are tyrants. It's indeed logical in term of who the "real" ones are : a control freak who deeply believes in systems and values and morals (disputable ethics of course, but still) and a man who just wants to do good without having to take charge of everything because he knows if he does he can't save everyone.

Also, if this comics confirm that the Injustice Superman is indeed from the Dark Multiverse, I'm all for it.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    It's preview time for issue #3 with Batseid, Batiniac, Batrocitus, and....the Silver Batfer? Okay I will admit its becoming a bit of a joke now just cramming all these weird batmen in, some just for window dressing. I like this event and I'm even questioning how Batman mixed with Atrocitus works.

Anyway, It's the prison break of Apokolips issue and then we take a month off for tie-ins.

And there's people who still argue this isn't a Bat-event.

Scott Snyder: Death Metal is not a Batman story.

Also Scott Snyder:

He's right. Its a Batmen story. The protesting is just stupid at this point.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

BANNED

Batman event with wonder woman as lead.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post

So uhhhhhh what are the Dark Multiverse WWs like? Shouldn’t the supposed “lead” learn some info about her evil versions? Maybe it will be explored but c’mon Snyder. Why even pick Diana as the lead for this?

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    So uhhhhhh what are the Dark Multiverse WWs like? Shouldn’t the supposed “lead” learn some info about her evil versions? Maybe it will be explored but c’mon Snyder. Why even pick Diana as the lead for this?
    ...Because she's the thematic heart of the book? I think Snyder said something about that. I have no idea if that's been present in the actual book.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Oh! Great, more savior nonsense being shoved unto superman.More nuancesless nonsense. As if doing the right thing and doing good thing are the same. Superman wasn't here to save humanity. He was here to protect the weak from the unjust and the corrupt.They can have interlaps. But, it ain't the same thing. But, this is it now. The big blue savior of humanity is what we are stuck with.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 08-08-2020 at 12:02 AM.

I honestly DOUBT I will bother paying any more attention to this Bathit-Fire....i mean...that panel with Batniac, Batrocitus, and Batver Surfer.....check please on this event and possibly Snyder in total (unless he uses the final issue to point out how ABSURD it is that he was allowed to do this and that it was purely to help KEEP DC COMICS AFLOAT...at least be upfront about it with a tongue in cheek reference to how much he has Whored Batman out to end up saving the company...)
    If you are going to refute, you need to do your own research.

You know the most hilarious thing about this whole controversy sweeping DC with this new event
    Snyder has probably been lurking these threads for awhile and seeing countless people whine over and over again about evil Superman stories so he makes a evil Batman story because more than a few people have been clamoring for that and boom BWL is suddenly worse than Injustice Superman, Superboy Prime, and Ultraman combined
    Imagine that

BANNED

1: superman as a villain often makes a fool of himself. 2: superman as a villain always loses. 3: superman as a villain is usually defeated by batman. 4: Superman is a universal threat at best. 5: the last superman villain (injustice) was defeated by a squirrel. But Batman as a villain has conquered all the universes, he has killed all the leagues, all the villains. I don't know about you, but I think Batman is treated better.

BANNED

I wonder whether Batman from zunr en arrh will be making a appearance.

Quote Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post
    You know the most hilarious thing about this whole controversy sweeping DC with this new event
    Snyder has probably been lurking these threads for awhile and seeing countless people whine over and over again about evil Superman stories so he makes a evil Batman story because more than a few people have been clamoring for that and boom BWL is suddenly worse than Injustice Superman, Superboy Prime, and Ultraman combined
    Imagine that
    Unless Superman is leading the resistance against the evil Batman, it’s not the same. Superman is usually turned evil in order to make Batman look better.

Quote Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post
    Imagine that
    Would Snyder make Superman or Wonder Woman defeat the BWL?

Or is going to be Batman?