Page 30 of 60 FirstFirst ... 2026272829303132333440 ... LastLast
    Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

So there's a Batman who is also Darkseid and he's just cannon fodder for a page. Honestly this whole thing is kind of funny now.

Also was it retconned out that Barry creates speed force now, because how else is it going to run out? Been a long time since I read Flash ongoing but I'll be glad to see that retcon go.

The art is very pretty and I do appreciate that at Wally and the JSA are getting pages.

The Jarro thing got a yawn from me. J'onn is right there and really needs the help considering everything Snyder did with him in Justice League went nowhere.

The Batman reveal is that he's dead, right? I thought you can only use Black rings for a prolonged time if you were dead. There a big hole in his head under that cowl or something?

https://aiptcomics.com/2020/08/13/da...etal-november/

So it looks like Infinite Hour Extreme (seriously that is the title) is a Lobo focused one-shot.

“ It’s storytime with Lobo. And it’s not going to be pretty! Pull up a chair, ya bastiches—it’s time for Uncle Lobo’s Infinite Hour! It’s your chance to let the Main Man Lobo-tomize you with familiar yet freaky stories of the DC Universe, exactly as he remembers them: with blood and guts and exxxtreme gratuitous violence! Tell yer comics guy to put you down for alllll the copies!”

Dark Nights: Death Metal Infinite Hours Exxxtreme! #1, written by Frank Tieri, Becky Cloonan, and others, art by Dale Eaglesham and others, cover by Kyle Hotz, 1:25 card stock variant cover by Rafael Grampá, on sale November 10.

Description from here

https://comic-watch.com/news/news-wa...sal-last-stand
    Last edited by sifighter; 08-13-2020 at 08:54 AM.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

BANNED

Infinite Hour Extreme is a parody name. Anyway seems this version of the twisted multiverse is dark yet wacky and maybe no bad ends.
    Anyway the 52 multiverse is gone.

I was really waiting for a big surprise when they opened Batseid's prison. Initially I was expecting images of Bat-Desaad torturing them or something. Nope. Just a room full of heroes looking spotless and smiling as Superman breaks open the wall. Then the whole thing with Jarro was just silly. Snyder's little joke character is the most powerful psychic in the universe? Sure. Let's pile on the crazy.

Alright so the guidebook is out today, wasn’t sure I was going to get it but I had a gift card so why not. I’d say it’s pretty similar to the Legends of the Dark Knight one-shot, where there is like one big story and then a few smaller stories except this time starring our heroes instead of evil Batmen...I mean evil Batmen still are in this they just aren’t the stars. Without giving to much away about all the stories I’d say that the first story is interesting because it serves as a kind of zero issue that shows the take over of the earth by Batman who laughs and his cronies, that’s not a spoiler because that’s what we knew in the first issue it’s just that now we get to see it. It’s exactly what you expect, the heroes trying to fight off Batmen.

The rest of the stories are also prequels that show what certain characters are doing in the new world order. I personally don’t think they add much in the way of plot significance to the main story, maybe the one with Batman (not the evil ones) and Jonah Hex because you get some more insight on Batman with a black lantern ring.

I’ll be straight with you all, this is a 7/10 at best and it’s not really essential like other tie-in books may be later, in fact it doesn’t really explain anything because at this point in the series you pretty much already knew what happened. I’d honestly say unless you just have an interest in seeing what happened you can probably skip it and that’s from someone who likes and enjoys the Death Metal event so far.

However, there was one thing in the main story that got me confused, especially when I looked at who wrote it, and it made think either the writer of his own series made a huge mistake or there’s something to that.

spoilers:
    So the Justice League Dark show up to fight the mage Batman, but there are three Doctor Fates. Helmetless Khalid and Kent, and then just a random helmet wearing fate on the other side. Which is really weird when you remember the fate in the main series is helmet wearing Kent Nelson, but then it’s really off putting when you see that James Tynion helped write the story and he wrote the main Justice League Dark book. Not sure if Snyder made a huge mistake on Tynion’s work or something else is going on.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by sifighter; 08-18-2020 at 05:30 AM.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

I actually liked the Guidebook a lot. It does a pretty good job of setting up the Metalverse. I wonder how much of those settings listed we will actually get to see though? Really wanna see the Valley of the Rainbow Rings and Solaris ruling Metropolis.
    Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Alright so the guidebook is out today, wasn’t sure I was going to get it but I had a gift card so why not. I’d say it’s pretty similar to the Legends of the Dark Knight one-shot, where there is like one big story and then a few smaller stories except this time starring our heroes instead of evil Batmen...I mean evil Batmen still are in this they just aren’t the stars. Without giving to much away about all the stories I’d say that the first story is interesting because it serves as a kind of zero issue that shows the take over of the earth by Batman who laughs and his cronies, that’s not a spoiler because that’s what we knew in the first issue it’s just that now we get to see it. It’s exactly what you expect, the heroes trying to fight off Batmen.

The rest of the stories are also prequels that show what certain characters are doing in the new world order. I personally don’t think they add much in the way of plot significance to the main story, maybe the one with Batman (not the evil ones) and Jonah Hex because you get some more insight on Batman with a black lantern ring.

I’ll be straight with you all, this is a 7/10 at best and it’s not really essential like other tie-in books may be later, in fact it doesn’t really explain anything because at this point in the series you pretty much already knew what happened. I’d honestly say unless you just have an interest in seeing what happened you can probably skip it and that’s from someone who likes and enjoys the Death Metal event so far.

However, there was one thing in the main story that got me confused, especially when I looked at who wrote it, and it made think either the writer of his own series made a huge mistake or there’s something to that.

spoilers:
    So the Justice League Dark show up to fight the mage Batman, but there are three Doctor Fates. Helmetless Khalid and Kent, and then just a random helmet wearing fate on the other side. Which is really weird when you remember the fate in the main series is helmet wearing Kent Nelson, but then it’s really off putting when you see that James Tynion helped write the story and he wrote the main Justice League Dark book. Not sure if Snyder made a huge mistake on Tynion’s work or something else is going on.
    end of spoilers
    Might just be an error on the part of the artist. Also Khalid is now Dr. Fate, Kent has retired (again).

Death Metal #5 Solicitation got released, and based on the cover it seems like spoilers:
    Superboy-Prime
    end of spoilers will be a key character there, which seems somewhat fitting huh

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheMaker1610 View Post
    Death Metal #5 Solicitation got released, and based on the cover it seems like spoilers:
    Superboy-Prime
    end of spoilers will be a key character there, which seems somewhat fitting huh
    I hope he makes a fuss about the batmanised dcu. Cause, that's what fans have been doing.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    I hope he makes a fuss about the batmanised dcu. Cause, that's what fans have been doing.
    Prime is an evil superman who has had some success (he has caused a lot of problems), so he will be used to demonstrate the absolute superiority of batman over superman.

BANNED

Rather they team up. The new Worlds Finest.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    Rather they team up. The new Worlds Finest.
    I hate you lmao

Quote Originally Posted by NaVi View Post
    Prime is an evil superman who has had some success (he has caused a lot of problems), so he will be used to demonstrate the absolute superiority of batman over superman.
    Earths 15 and 51 deserved better..

that 1st story felt like Snyder admitting "I had no bridge from Justice League to Death Metal" because it felt like a FanFic...and even it was basically Metal 2: The Batmen Win.....*shutter* jfc...and yet Snyder trying to Shoehorn in how Important Wonder Woman is because this is a Wonder Woman event...

As for the spoiler about issue 5, I was literally afraid they would drag him back for this. After what i had seen in issue 1, i figured he would be another Shark they would throw out there to Jump over...

Snyder has made it Impossible for all of his Plot Holes to ever make sense, and he has no intention to since Death Metal is basically an Infinite Crisis run by Dark Batmen instead of the Anti-Monitor or a Lex Luthor....Literally.

The "Arkham Wastelands"........i mean, there are no original ideas, but when your ONLY idea is to literally rip-off everything and place Batman in it...at least Spider-Man keeps his Universe Ending stuff to just related characters (most of the time)...Snyder has made Batman the most Conceited Character in Comics.
    If you are going to refute, you need to do your own research.

Astonishing Member

It's really, really hard to take the entire event seriously. It's almost a parody. Maybe it was intentional, or maybe I am too old for this stuff, thankfully.
    Educational town, Rolemodel city and Moralofthestory land are the places where good comics go to die.

DC writers and editors looked up and shouted "Save us!"
    And Alan Moore looked down and whispered "No."

I'm kinda surprised Snyder didn't want Superman to watch Lois and Bruce conceive their love child. All the while singing the "Na na na na na na Batman!" theme song - Robotman, 03/06/2021

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by gambit2051 View Post
    that 1st story felt like Snyder admitting "I had no bridge from Justice League to Death Metal" because it felt like a FanFic...and even it was basically Metal 2: The Batmen Win.....*shutter* jfc...and yet Snyder trying to Shoehorn in how Important Wonder Woman is because this is a Wonder Woman event...

As for the spoiler about issue 5, I was literally afraid they would drag him back for this. After what i had seen in issue 1, i figured he would be another Shark they would throw out there to Jump over...

Snyder has made it Impossible for all of his Plot Holes to ever make sense, and he has no intention to since Death Metal is basically an Infinite Crisis run by Dark Batmen instead of the Anti-Monitor or a Lex Luthor....Literally.

The "Arkham Wastelands"........i mean, there are no original ideas, but when your ONLY idea is to literally rip-off everything and place Batman in it...at least Spider-Man keeps his Universe Ending stuff to just related characters (most of the time)...Snyder has made Batman the most Conceited Character in Comics.
    I'm never a huge fan of when a writer or editorial are like "Oh no, plot holes! The Crisis is creating plot holes!" I understand the weirdly cherished history of that being the nature of a DCU Crisis, but like ... I dunno. Coordinate better. There's only 20 books out at a time and 10 of them are Batman titles. But par for the course with that.

Seeing as it's coming in Issue # 5, I think it's maybe more "Cousin Oliver" than "Jumping the Shark", hahaha.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com