Page 31 of 60 FirstFirst ... 2127282930313233343541 ... LastLast

I actually dont mind spoilers:
    Superboy-Prime
    end of spoilers appearing in issue #5, as I always thought that being one of the very few survivings of the original Multiverse should come into play into this particular story in a relevant way

HOWEVER, I cant really say I am invested in this Crisis, as opposed to the previous ones
    As other people here already pointed out, this feels like an intentional parody, that just begs for a -reset-button- the moment it ends

As annoying the "Justice Vs. Doom"-theme of Snyder's JL was, at least I felt that run had a clear direction and endgame in mind, which I find lacking in this supposed sequel/endgame

Mmmm
    That's funny.. After writting that last paragraph, it dawned into me that Snyder's JL-->Death Metal is basically a copy of Hickman's Avengers-->Secret Wars, but of dubious quality

BANNED

Death Metal is DC's version of Secret Wars, as close as they get without copying too much. Guess Wally is Reed in this role wise and will create the new universe at the end.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    Death Metal is DC's version of Secret Wars, as close as they get without copying too much. Guess Wally is Reed in this role wise and will create the new universe at the end.
    Well, it sounds like you can make the argument both of them get really close to just being Flashpoint knock-offs, you know if Barry and Pandora didn't F it up (and then figure they could blame it on Dr M)

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

I'm not surprised at all that you-know-who is coming back. Snyder needs to have TBWL beat every powerscaling benchmark there is before his pet can dominate every message board. This is all coming at the cost of stakes and plot. If anything, Death Metal is making a good argument for why these characters probably shouldn't be crossing over so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    I'm not surprised at all that you-know-who is coming back. Snyder needs to have TBWL beat every powerscaling benchmark there is before his pet can dominate every message board. This is all coming at the cost of stakes and plot. If anything, Death Metal is making a good argument for why these characters probably shouldn't be crossing over so much.
    I am wondering if Snyder will admit to that at some point. It feels like the Series itself could ACTUALLY be headed to a Self-Referential Ending...however, considering Snyder's History with Endings...i is just too painful to keep reading imo. lol
    If you are going to refute, you need to do your own research.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Scott Snyder appeared on the absolute comics podcast on twitch today and as usual, spoiled a few things about the future of the book and a upcoming DC book he's working on.

spoilers:
    -The scene with the justice league's hands moving towards the light with Hal Jordan is not a reference to the end of Snyder's JL run, but the original Rebirth pomo.
    -The final crisis mention in issue 3 is a continuity error that'll be fixed in trade. James Tynion and his editor warned Scott, he just forgot to rewrite the scene.
    -This is a big spoiler, Scott didn't mean to say it...the superboy prime we see in death metal is actually the original one and not just a dark multiverse version. He has a big role and appears in issue 4
    -Duke Thomas narrarates the upcoming robin king special. Snyder is also working on a unanounced book with another writer starring Duke.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Scott Snyder appeared on the absolute comics podcast on twitch today and as usual, spoiled a few things about the future of the book and a upcoming DC book he's working on.

spoilers:
    -The scene with the justice league's hands moving towards the light with Hal Jordan is not a reference to the end of Snyder's JL run, but the original Rebirth pomo.
    -The final crisis mention in issue 3 is a continuity error that'll be fixed in trade. James Tynion and his editor warned Scott, he just forgot to rewrite the scene.
    -This is a big spoiler, Scott didn't mean to say it...the superboy prime we see in death metal is actually the original one and not just a dark multiverse version. He has a big role and appears in issue 4
    -Duke Thomas narrarates the upcoming robin king special. Snyder is also working on a unanounced book with another writer starring Duke.
    end of spoilers
    That last bit: Could it be Tony Patrick again? Also my God ffs Snyder, is it even possible for him to leave Gotham? I firmly believe Snyder has no interest in anything not connected to the Batverse.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    That last bit: Could it be Tony Patrick again? Also my God ffs Snyder, is it even possible for him to leave Gotham? I firmly believe Snyder has no interest in anything not connected to the Batverse.
    When you take into account that everything from Metal to Death Metal is basically an extension of his Batman run, I think the answer is quite obvious at this point :P

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    Was anyone expecting Superboy-Prime wouldn't be the real one?

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Well, Snyder himself was saying they'd find prime in the dark multiverse, so people were just expecting it'd be a alternate version of him.

I really wasnt, but I would've been really mad if that wasnt the case tbh :P

Hey so guess who just got a variant for issue 4, I’ll give you a hint we’ve been talking about him.

82FD7809-83BC-4B0B-B804-C81DA328FBF1.jpg

This is by Alex Garner, to give him his credit.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Hey so guess who just got a variant for issue 4, I’ll give you a hint we’ve been talking about him.

82FD7809-83BC-4B0B-B804-C81DA328FBF1.jpg

This is by Alex Garner, to give him his credit.
    Hmm, between Superboy-Prime and Batman Who Laughs, I’m glad there isn’t WW version of that yet.

BANNED

Hmm, between Superboy-Prime and Batman Who Laughs, I’m glad there isn’t WW version of that yet.
    There won't be an evil version of WW like there isn't evil WW in first Metal, because DC and WB believe that WW was a second rate hero compared to Superman and Batman. It will take some writer to suddenly appear with a thought that 'I want to make WW great again!' with a smile while drawing the Batman version of WW. I am sure it's Scott Snyder and Greg Capullo.

Has Green Arrow or Black Canary showed up in this event??

Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    You have to admit, though, that they make it hard to avoid. As mentioned - new planet Gotham in LoSH. .
    What is planet Gotham?